PDA

View Full Version : Undiscovered facts.

Serapy
09-28-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm suprised by finding this fact when i was just started playing the game yesterday, I seriously never heard about this before..

In the beginning part of the game, where Squall was sleeping on his bed and Doctor Lady was asking if he's ok or not, blah blah blah. After she left the room, the doctor lady pointed to someone else (yes that must be Ellone because Quitsis wasn't there yet) and said something like this:

"Hi, are you Inspector Quitsis? Please come through in this room"

The camera view changed to the side of the Squall's bed, towards the glass behind Squall. Ellone came, and said "We meet again". Then she left.

Then few seconds later, Quitsis came in, while Doctor Lady didn't say anything.

....it's either the doctor Lady thought that Ellone was Quitsis, obviously she asked her. Ellone didn't reply her question and went to see Squall straight OR the doctor lady was MEANT to ask Quitsis only when she came to the room (not when Ellone came). Is that weird? I don't know if it's a plot or not :|

If Square meant to put like this, then Ellone obviously.. don't want to be known or something when she came to see Squall. Also how does Ellone know that Squall was hurt and that she came to see him.

I have played this game more than 20 times for sure and I'm very suprised that I haven't noticed this. I just started playing again yesterday, obviously there must be more undiscovered facts like this one :P

TheSpoonyBard
09-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Dr. Kadowaki says "Quistis? Come get your student. Yes, yes...His injury's not serious. It'll probably leave a scar.......Right. Now please come by." This is most likely said on the phone, not in person.

If you don't understand the relationship with Ellone, I suggest you play through again.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Who is Rinoa's Successor of the Sorceress Power? Will there be one? Or... :laugh: :radred:

Serapy
09-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Dr. Kadowaki says "Quistis? Come get your student. Yes, yes...His injury's not serious. It'll probably leave a scar.......Right. Now please come by." This is most likely said on the phone, not in person.

Do you have any proof that she used a phone? If that's the case, the background of the message would have been tranplanted (not normal grey.) while talking to people on phone or thinking as in mind.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Here's another one: Why is FFVIII like Pokemon?

Serapy
09-28-2006, 06:23 PM

Eh, are you against the thread I made or something -.-

Bolivar
09-28-2006, 06:28 PM
i don't recall that happening... i do remember her calling quistis to get squall, so i'm guessing that's what you're talking about.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 06:29 PM

Eh, are you against the thread I made or something -.-

Nah, I'm just... 'Poke'ing fun... :laugh: at FFVIII. But to be honest, my real question is:

If Rinoa isn't going to be Ultimecia... Who is Rinoa's Successor to the Sorceress Power? Talk amongst yourselves.

The Infinite Telomerase
09-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Probably one of the numerous successor sorceresses we see during time compression. Just a hunch though.

Really though, there are so many plot points that weren't explained or poorly explained that it's barely worth thinking about. It's fun to theories and all but ultimately most of this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif doesn't have an answer because FFVIII's story is a steaming load of Deus Ex Machina crap.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Probably one of the numerous successor sorceresses we see during time compression. Just a hunch though.

Really though, there are so many plot points that weren't explained or poorly explained that it's barely worth thinking about. It's fun to theories and all but ultimately most of this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif doesn't have an answer because FFVIII's story is a steaming load of Deus Ex Machina crap.

Exactly... Here's another mind-number: Why does Sorceress Adel look like a man?:yuck: :quarter:

She... She lookalikeaman.

TheSpoonyBard
09-28-2006, 07:02 PM

Do you have any proof that she used a phone? If that's the case, the background of the message would have been tranplanted (not normal grey.) while talking to people on phone or thinking as in mind.
Just look at the language used. It's not what you'd say to someone if they were there in person.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 08:22 PM

Just look at the language used. It's not what you'd say to someone if they were there in person.

PLUS.... Later on in the game both Squall and Cid Kramer use the P.A. system (intercom) to notify students and faculty. So there's your answer. The dialouge was diliberate enough to safely assume that Dr. Kadowaki was using some form of inter-personal communication device.

*~Angel Wing~*
09-28-2006, 09:31 PM

PLUS.... Later on in the game both Squall and Cid Kramer use the P.A. system (intercom) to notify students and faculty. So there's your answer. The dialouge was diliberate enough to safely assume that Dr. Kadowaki was using some form of inter-personal communication device.
No offense, but I think this is a really stupid thread...:eep: :rolleyes2

Dr. Kadowaki used a phone. Endless posted the exact dialouge, and the way she was talking made it pretty obvious she was using a phone.

jammi567
09-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Another unanswered question is: why are the towns blocked during disk four?

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 10:04 PM

Because you're out of sync with their time.

Sir Bahamut
09-28-2006, 10:06 PM

If that were the explanation, you should not be leave Ultimecia's castle at all, because you're just as "out of synch" with the whole rest of the world map.

The barriers are probably just something Ultimecia put up to stop all attacks while she was compressing time.

Future Esthar
09-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Good question.I have not a theory but I am sure it had nothing to do with memory space as is commonly thought.

jammi567
09-28-2006, 11:02 PM

If that were the explanation, you should not be leave Ultimecia's castle at all, because you're just as "out of synch" with the whole rest of the world map.

The barriers are probably just something Ultimecia put up to stop all attacks while she was compressing time.
that sounds good.

Future Esthar
09-28-2006, 11:14 PM
All evidence tells us that the time of the world map is not the time of Ulti.
Why people still think otherwise?

Ryushikaze
09-28-2006, 11:17 PM
All evidence tells us that the time of the world map is not the time of Ulti.
Why people still think otherwise?

Coming from you, FE, that's comedy gold.

Future Esthar
09-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I think I already discussed this topic with you a long time ago.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 11:37 PM
I think I already discussed this topic with you a long time ago.

.... Yeah, but you didn't discuss it with the rest of US HERE on THIS THREADat THIS TIME

...So, uh... Yeah, go ahead and explain it again... (please tell me I didn't just ask for it)...:eep:

Future Esthar
09-29-2006, 12:06 AM
The world map we see on disc 4 can not be on the same time as Ultiīs because:
1-The world didnīt seem to have changed that much.
2-Ultiīs castle is not there.
3-Edeaīs house is there.
Etc...

BardTard
09-29-2006, 12:21 AM

You can hear her pressing buttons before she talks to Quistis. That's proof she was on the phone. She was dialing her number.

Serapy
09-29-2006, 08:46 AM

The towns should have been disappeared while she was compressing time because there's no point to get into something that is blocked already :|

Yes, this is a stupid thread, I realised something and lol'ed. K

Sir Bahamut
09-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I agree. It would have been much more effective if they made the world map much more barren than before, with no trace of the cities at all. Would have been much more in tune with their representation of Time Compression.

boys from the dwarf
09-29-2006, 04:01 PM
3-Edeaīs house is there.
Etc...

i actually agree on this one. either square buggered up and just ignored putting ultimecias castle on the map, or its a different time period. and normally in 100's of years, technology would have advanced and citys would have grown and changed. im not sure when the disk 4 world map is but it makes no sense for it not to have that giant castle on it.

The Crystal
09-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Another fact that many people forget, is that when the Galbadia army attack the Fisherman's Horizon, one of the soldiers say that Galbadia have orders of Ultimecia/Edea, to search for Ellone in any city or village, and if they don't find her, they have to destroy and burn the city/village.
Sephiroth burned a village? Kefka burned a village? Big deal, Ultimecia burned many villages. :D

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Another fact that many people forget, is that when the Galbadia army attack the Fisherman's Horizon, one of the soldiers say that Galbadia have orders of Ultimecia/Edea, to search for Ellone in any city or village, and if they don't find her, they have to destroy and burn the city/village.
Sephiroth burned a village? Kefka burned a village? Big deal, Ultimecia burned many villages. :D

So, what yer sayin' is... All Final Fantasy "Villians" are Pyromanics?

Future Esthar
09-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks BFTD

Ryushikaze
09-29-2006, 07:02 PM
3-Edeaīs house is there.
Etc...

i actually agree on this one. either square buggered up and just ignored putting ultimecias castle on the map, or its a different time period. and normally in 100's of years, technology would have advanced and citys would have grown and changed. im not sure when the disk 4 world map is but it makes no sense for it not to have that giant castle on it.

Unless, like FFs 5 and 9, the castle is located in an outside where, such as the Xzone.
Though to be frank, with the minimalist nature of most RPG world maps, hundreds of years could pass without notable change, especially if said change was not deemed important.

Of course, the REAL explanation was laziness on the part of FF8's map makers, but pfeh.