PDA

View Full Version : Faveorite Boss Fights? (top 3)

Markus. D
09-28-2006, 05:44 PM
some of your faveorite boss fights?

:D?

so far. mine are Yunalesca from FFX, Yo/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifsuna from Makai Kingdom and though I like alot more, this one was just really fun :)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1074217/203410592-gw020.JPG

The Evil Kraken has risen to give a endless birth to offspring... some kinda Luxon cultural killing thingy... and I was like.. "Whoahhhhh petrified ocean :D"

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1074217/760610143-gw021.JPG

We give hell to the Kraken before it becomes serious :]

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1074217/85114658-gw022.JPG

as it becomes half-dead... I prepare to Spam Needle Shot whilst the others Tank/Interrupt

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1074217/778410836-gw024.JPG

Kraken is dead :)

and yes... thats before I done my other two runs, in which I seemed to die in alot.

and though far more pointless then the Kurzick mission before it, it was a really fun boss fight, and an alright mission aswell :D... though it lacked the Awe of the Arbostone mission... which I have done twice with my Ranger... in fact the only thing that ruined the Arbostone mission was Danika's voice... but anyways, back on topic.

what is your top 3 in boss fighting?

Erdrick Holmes
09-28-2006, 05:48 PM
1. Profane Darkness from Phantasy Star IV
2. Luca Blight in Suikoden II (probably the best bossfight ever concieved)
3. Ryu Vs Bison in Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Pete for President
09-29-2006, 08:17 AM
1. Snake vs. Liquid (the fist fight), metal gear solid
2. Snake vs. Sniper Wolf (first battle), metal gear solid
3. Seymour and Anima, FFX

Araciel
09-29-2006, 08:19 AM
garland - FF1, just freakin' classic
mother brain from the original metroid
mike tyson in punchout

Jowy
09-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Any encounter with Iseria Queen.
Mother Brain in Super Metroid.
Gorudo in Suikoden II.

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 03:55 PM
metalgearsolid2 -raiden kickin all those metal gears asses....i played it on european extreme........i had to fight 27 of the things......

metal gear solid -the part when your samke and you have the stinger and the ninja is pinned up againsst he wall and then you cant shoot cuz hes your friend......but then liquid kills gray fox so then he woop his ass....then the part where you are doin hand to hand with liquid is cool......

i thinks fightin the 1 winged angel in ff7 is cool.......i cant think of my 3rd fav....eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................no..still cant think.......

ill jus say metal gear solid......vulcan raven...the second time.....when he has the tomcat machine gun or somethin with him.....thats a difficult battle.....and i like when you wound sniper wolfe(what a sexy ladie....for a game) and then you have to shoot her in the face and otacon is cryin.......

Carl the Llama
09-29-2006, 04:11 PM
hmm...

1. No Materia Emerald Weapon

2. The Eye of Valmar (such a tough battle I love it)

3. Boss (MGS3)

Dell
09-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Beast Rune in Suikoden II.
Rem in Tales of Destiny II.
Every Boss in Final Fantasy VI.

Mo-Nercy
09-29-2006, 04:15 PM
3. FF9. Party vs. Trance Kuja in the second last battle of the game. The way it ended was just wow He casts Ultima. Blows everything up xD. Also the battle itself is pretty fun.
2. FFX-2. Yuripa vs. Vegnagun -> Shuyin. A great series of boss battles. Criticise the game all you want but I really like how this battle was done. I found the idea of Vegnagun being controlled by a super-organ to be really...neat xD.
1. The Bouncer. Sion, Volt and Kou vs. Dauragon. This battle frustrated me to no end. Dauragon is just so damn beef. Just when you think you've got him, he strips down a little bit more and comes back with full health and an extra move of ultimate-pwnage. Words cannot describe just how bad you feel when you lose and just how good you feel when you win.

Ender
09-29-2006, 04:20 PM
1. The Nameless One vs. The Transcendent One in Planescape: Torment, mostly for the incredible dialogue and the fact that selecting the text choices to avoid the battle actually gives you the cooler ending(s) IMO.
2. Darth Malak in KoTOR
3. Ganon in OoT (after the tower collapses)...I also really like the Phantom Ganondorf battle in the Forest Temple of that game.

Dreddz
09-29-2006, 05:25 PM
1. Rez - Eden

2. Street Fighter II - Akuma

3. Guilty Gear X - Dizzy

4. Phantasy Star - Dark Falz

5. Earthworm Jim - Bob The Goldfish

Vermachtnis
09-30-2006, 03:38 AM
Omega Metamorphious...or something like that (Xenasaga III)
I can't explain it, but I got this really epic felling from this boss battle. Godsibb is one of the best tracks ever.

Long (SMT: Digital Devil Saga)
This is one of the biggest bosses ever. We were like ants compared to this guy. Totally worth beating him though. Freakishly huge dragon fall down and go boom!

Ganondorf (LoZ: Wind Waker)
Of all the times I've fought this guy, this is my favorite one. Your teamed up with Zelda and he's dual wielding katanas.

I Took the Red Pill
09-30-2006, 03:55 AM
1. FATE- Chrono Cross
2. Braska's Final Aeon- FFX
3. Miguel- Chrono Cross

kikimm
09-30-2006, 04:42 AM
1. The Bouncer. Sion, Volt and Kou vs. Dauragon. This battle frustrated me to no end. Dauragon is just so damn beef. Just when you think you've got him, he strips down a little bit more and comes back with full health and an extra move of ultimate-pwnage. Words cannot describe just how bad you feel when you lose and just how good you feel when you win.

Seriously. I fucking hate that guy. Boss battles with many, like, "layers" are sooo annoying. And up until then the game had been super easy and I was not prepared at all for that.

-The very last boss battle in Drakengard was crazy and I loved it. Very different.
-For some reason I really liked the fight with Walter at the end of Silent Hill 4
-The fight between Dan and Curtis Blackburn was also awesome. A lot of the battles in Killer7 are realy fun, actually.

Yuffie514
09-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Final Fantasy VIII:
- every fight with Sorceress Edea (especially when i am reminded of my brother losing like 4 consecutive battles to her. i forgot if that was the first encounter, the second encounter, or both.
- all the Ultimecia and Griever fights, except for the final form. this includes Ultimecia in her human (disguise) form, Griever, and Ultimecia-Griever merged together.

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows/Kurenai:
- it's so hilarious when i have to fight Tatsukichi, or more like slightly landing a blow to the back of her head. well, it's either that or she can take the other fork road to a quick afterlife.

Reine
09-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Sonic 3 and Knuckles: The final battle playing as Knuckles, I really enjoyed fighting Mecha Sonic and Super Mecha Sonic, plus the music was bloody awesome.

Also, from the same game, The Doomsday Zone. Hurtling through space dodging asteroids and missiles, chasing after Robotnik, as Super Sonic, was so awesome, plus it has the perfect music for the occasion, it REALLY fit, imo.

Again, in that game, the Lava Reef boss fight, it was a mini level actually. That game was really awesome in regards to the boss battles.

NINJA_Ryu
09-30-2006, 06:50 PM
1. The Nameless One vs. The Transcendent One in Planescape: Torment, mostly for the incredible dialogue and the fact that selecting the text choices to avoid the battle actually gives you the cooler ending(s) IMO.
2. Darth Malak in KoTOR
3. Ganon in OoT (after the tower collapses)...I also really like the Phantom Ganondorf battle in the Forest Temple of that game.

Golbez from ff4

tavion/marka ragnos & tavion/kyle (depending on side) in jedi academy (awesome long battles)

also bowser in any mario game ^^

Madame Adequate
09-30-2006, 07:53 PM
1) Luca Blight in Suikoden II. No question, it's more hardcore than anything.
2) Roboprez in Destroy All Humans! because, well, he's 60 feet tall, President, a robot, and pledges to "DESTROY ALL FURONS".
3) Cyberdemon in DooM. What, honestly, needs to be said about him?

LunarWeaver
09-30-2006, 07:57 PM
1) Psycho Mantis from MGS.
2) Sephy's One Winged Angel situation from FFVII
3) Magus from Chrono Trigger. Running up while the candles light up and the music always make me all giddy with anticipation.

sephirothishere
09-30-2006, 08:07 PM
actually...i change my list.....i like the boss battle with the cyborg ninja when you save otacon.....thats cool........

Ashi
09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
-Final thing in Radiata Stories, it hasn't been that long but I cant remember its name.

-Sephiroth in KH2

-Tennis with Ganon (any, though Ocarina of Time's final is a personal fave).

Vermachtnis
09-30-2006, 09:23 PM
-Final thing in Radiata Stories, it hasn't been that long but I cant remember its name.

Do you mean the Silver Dragon, Aphelion (Sp?), or the end optional boss, Ethereal Queen. Cause they're both pretty fun fights with bad arse music.

Araciel
09-30-2006, 10:01 PM

you played it to the end?? :mog:

Pete for President
10-01-2006, 10:02 PM
1) Psycho Mantis from MGS.
2) Sephy's One Winged Angel situation from FFVII
3) Magus from Chrono Trigger. Running up while the candles light up and the music always make me all giddy with anticipation.

Can't believe I forgot Psycho Mantis!

I would also like to add Ayame vs. Tatsumaru from Tenchu 2. Although Ayame is my least favorite playable character of the game, the battle was kinda epic. Rikimaru vs. Tatsumaru was cool aswell, but there seemed to be less on the line than Ayame's fight. Too bad they screwed Tatsu in Tenchu 3 though, he should'nt have been revived or w/e happens in T3.

Paro
10-01-2006, 10:22 PM
#1 Crocomire (Super Metroid)

http://es.geocities.com/supermetroide2000/Foto_crocomire.JPG

There are longer, more intense fights in Super Metroid, but this one has always been the most memorable to me for two reasons.

A) It's the first boss fight since Bowser in Super Mario 3 where I was forced to think outside the box, as normal attacks had no effect on the creature.

B) It ended with, to this day, the goriest boss death ever for a first party Nintendo game. The post-battle surprise made me jump out of my seat.

The title says it all. Name your favorite boss fights of all time, whether due to the scenario, the challenge, the music, and so forth.

I've given it some thought, and I'd have to say the following three choices make up my favorite boss battles in my history of playing games.

#2 Seven Force (Gunstar Heroes)

http://image2.sina.com.cn/gm/upload/27/391/20050927/193/38649/38659.jpg

Unquetionably the best boss fight for the best action game ever made. Real men take on Green and his Seven Force in expert mode, where you'll have to fight off all seven forms at once. I've spent many summers fighting Seven Force, and just recently I downloaded the Sega Ages: Treasure Box iso to play GH on my PS2. After all this time, the game hasn't gotten old, and neither has Seven Force.

#3 Zakat (Zone of the Enders 2)

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/zoe2/japanese/pic/chara_zakat_left.jpg (best pic I could find)

I absolutely love this fight for nearly the same reasons I love Seven Force. The aesthetics all came together perfectly here. The setting has Jehuty (your mech) and Zakat high up in the sky, past the clouds. The two opponents (Dingo and Zakat's pilot) trash talk each other in a beautifully animated cutscene. The whole battle plays homage to the very best mecha anime. Also, the boss music really, really owns.[!] / message [/!][!] sig [/!]

Zeromus_X
10-01-2006, 10:25 PM
-Kefka in FFVI for sure.

-Bloodbane in Valkyrie Profile.

-Marx in Kirby Super Star.

Still, I could list on and on. But I guess I can pick these three.

Ashi
10-03-2006, 02:44 PM

Do you mean the Silver Dragon, Aphelion (Sp?), or the end optional boss, Ethereal Queen. Cause they're both pretty fun fights with bad arse music.

Silver Dragon, I guess.

Played it to the end... but not the extra stuff.

pinkmage
10-03-2006, 05:19 PM
i cant think of many off the top of my head...
ive always liked fighting the chocobo eater in FFX tho

my favourite tbh has got to be Alec Trevelyan on Goldeneye 007
Fighting him on the cradle is awesome, it can be fun to make it easy on 007 mode or on agent, but it is a good challenge on 00 agent.

The best thing is getting all the cheats and putting everyone on fast animation + all guns and turbo mode etc

Ramza Beoulve
10-03-2006, 05:25 PM
1. FATE- Chrono Cross
2. Braska's Final Aeon- FFX
3. Miguel- Chrono Cross
4. Galamoth - Castlevania SotN
5. Vulcan Raven - MGS
6. Metal Gear REX - MGS
7. Sin's arms, body and head - FFX
8. Omega Weapon - FFVIII
9. Ultimecia - FFVIII
10. Megaman X (controling Zero) - MegaMan X5
11. Sigma's Last Form - MegaMan X5
12. Copy X - MegaMan Zero 1-3

dragoonknight_kain
10-04-2006, 05:48 AM
- Guildenstern (Vagrant Story);
- The minotaur in God of War;
- The Fury (MGS3);
- Emerald Weapon;
- Anything from MGS1;

I have no particular order for them. Actually, I'm sure I'm forgetting something:D.

SquallLeonheart
04-30-2007, 07:34 AM
FF1: Party Vs Chaos
FF2: Party Vs Emperor (Palamecia and Arruboth, Arruboth in Dawn of Souls)
FF7: Cloud Vs Sephiroth
FF8: Party Vs Omega Weapon
FF9: Party Vs Necron

I haven't played any other final fantasies yet, so cant tell which others are my favourites :D

black orb
04-30-2007, 09:39 AM
>>> I pick these from a wide list..
Yunalesca - FF10.
Bloodbane - Valkyrie profile.
Suikoden 4`s hero vs pirate Brandeau - Suikoden 4.

NeoCracker
04-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Xenosaga Episode II - The Patriarch and Proto Omega. Purely Epic. (Plus You get to beat the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of a Religious Zealot. Who here hasn't wanted to do that at some point or another)

Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinestrals - The Fight against the 4 Sinestrals on Doom Island.

Breath of Fire 2 - Deathavan

For now, thats my top list.

NeoCracker
04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Xenosaga Episode II - The Patriarch and Proto Omega. Purely Epic. (Plus You get to beat the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of a Religious Zealot. Who here hasn't wanted to do that at some point or another)

Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinestrals - The Fight against the 4 Sinestrals on Doom Island.

Breath of Fire 2 - Deathavan

For now, thats my top list.e

kikimm
05-02-2007, 01:06 AM
This thread is too old, but feel free to make another one. I GUESS.