PDA

View Full Version : So how many of you...?

Elpizo
09-28-2006, 06:50 PM
How many of you have no "worst" Final Fantasy?
In topics asking what your Favorite is, you always get some bashing towards other Final Fantasies, saying "This FF sucks" "This FF is the worst ever."
That's personal opinion, nothing can change it.
But I myself, have no worst FF of all FF's I played.
Most of the time, I like the FF's called "worst" the most, and FF's called "best evah!" I like just as well, but I don't see them as "best evah!"
I've playerd and finished I till IX and I can say I had no worst. VIII, IX are my favs yeah, but the others are just as good.

So who of you guys has also no "worst" Final Fantasy?
Just curious, having a "worst evah!" is no crime at all.

ljkkjlcm9
09-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Well there's an FF I don't like as much as the rest of them, but none of them are horrible in my opinion

THE JACKEL

Rydia Forever
09-28-2006, 07:22 PM
I also have no 'worst FF'. :) They all have something to add. ^_^

LunarWeaver
09-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I have played them all, but I've only ever truly played IV and up (minus XI). I've enjoyed all of them quite a bit and I don't really hate any of them.

The spin-offs are a bit of a different matter. I did not like Crystal Chronicles at all, nor did I enjoy Dirge of Cerberus much. But I would never bash the games or tell people they're ignorant for liking them. Just because I didn't find them fun doesn't mean anything besides I personally didn't enjoy them, it doesn't mean people who do need to be persuaded to my point of view. That would be a waste of everybody's time.

Elpizo
09-28-2006, 07:45 PM
I have played them all, but I've only ever truly played IV and up (minus XI). I've enjoyed all of them quite a bit and I don't really hate any of them.

The spin-offs are a bit of a different matter. I did not like Crystal Chronicles at all, nor did I enjoy Dirge of Cerberus much. But I would never bash the games or tell people they're ignorant for liking them. Just because I didn't find them fun doesn't mean anything besides I personally didn't enjoy them, it doesn't mean people who do need to be persuaded to my point of view. That would be a waste of everybody's time.
The spin-offs are a different case indeed... I never played CC and I wouldn't call it a spin-off, more a side-series on its own. I shall say that I find all these VII-games a bit unnecesary, but I don't say I hate em. I'll have to play them for that. FF XII: RW is another different thing, because the creators say we have to consider it FF 12.5 :p
Spin-offs' success depends on how well and how serious they are created. And I don't really see them as full FF titles, besides perhaps FF XII:RW and CC-series, because they future a totally new story and don't add bits to an already finished story like the VII-games.

Just my thoughts.

Evastio
09-28-2006, 10:03 PM
I liked them all.

f f freak
09-28-2006, 10:29 PM
I don't have a worst FF. I Value them all equally. There are some that i find better than others but really I like them all.

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2006, 02:48 AM
Actually, I've only played five of them O_O;;
I didn't realize this until recently. I wasn't a big fan of FFIV. It was the first older one I tried, but I'm not going to let it ruin the others for me.
It wasn't terrible...just didn't live up to my expectations.

Bolivar
09-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Actually, I've only played five of them O_O;;
I didn't realize this until recently. I wasn't a big fan of FFIV. It was the first older one I tried, but I'm not going to let it ruin the others for me.
It wasn't terrible...just didn't live up to my expectations.

have you tried the GBA version? i had a real good time playing that.

as of about a half hour ago I've beaten all of them except III (never tried XI) and I have to say I really can't compare them as to saying which one is the worst. The Classics (I-VI) are all great games in their own right and have a unique meaning to games that can never be duplicated.

The newer generation I find are all very fun, and have been very significant to the evolution of video games and the way they're made.

If I had to pick a least favorite I would say FFI because although it is the game that started it all, in my opinion it wasn't until II that the legacy really began.

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2006, 07:25 AM
have you tried the GBA version? i had a real good time playing that.
That's the one I tried :eep:
I still play it when I've got 15 minutes to kill here and there.

Zeromus_X
09-30-2006, 07:33 AM
I don't really hate any of them. Hell, I even enjoyed Final Fantasy Mystic Quest!

boys from the dwarf
09-30-2006, 09:28 AM
its very hard tppick a favourite because they have good points and certain parts that are better and worse than the other FFs.

Sefie1999AD
09-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Well there's an FF I don't like as much as the rest of them, but none of them are horrible in my opinion

THE JACKAL

Agreed. I'm not sure which of the FFs is my least favorite, since FFII and FFX aren't that high on my list, and I haven't really been interested in FFVI, FFVIII and the newest FFs (XI, XII, DoC, XIII etc) lately, but they still aren't horrible games in any way.

Araciel
10-01-2006, 05:54 AM
fully....i have least favs....2 and 3...but they are still good games

Decessus
10-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Worst doesn't necessarily mean bad.

FFVIII SUCKS.

XandrewX
10-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Every FF game are great...but I don't quite get FFX-2's storyline so I'm not that favourite about it...But it's still a nice game with all the graphics and battle system which is a kinda wierd battle system...

Slothy
10-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't have any game in the series that I hate (though some might be surprised by that given my tendency to argue and play devils advocate). All of them are entertaining on some level, though I obviously have favourites.

Elpizo
10-01-2006, 02:07 PM
FFVIII SUCKS.
So you have a worst. Having no "worst" means also having no Final Fantasy that "sucks!".

Breine
10-01-2006, 02:08 PM
I have no worst Final Fantasy either. I think they all have their own values that make them enjoyable. Yup.

vweet
10-13-2006, 06:25 AM
the only way i can think of a worst is to think of the graphics which in my opinion don't really matter

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-13-2006, 06:31 AM
I've played 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,X, and X-2, and I definitely have my favorite, but for the least favorite, not really. I dislike several because of certain things, but that doesn't mean that I wont play them.

Frozen Phantom
10-13-2006, 12:44 PM
ive played 1,2 (remake), 4(remake),X, and FFTA (i know my total library is pretty short)

I like them all except for a slight excption on 2 because of the sperate skill building

NINJA_Ryu
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
I would have to say that there is indeed a worst EVAR!!!!!!

and that would be good ol number III of the final fantasies.....

for taking a decade and longer to coming to english!!!

but that will all change come next month ^ ^

BustaMo
10-17-2006, 05:02 PM
I'd say I least liked FFX-2 and FFVIII, but I can't say they are the "worst". It's just that I didn't enjoy playing them as much as I did for the other games in the series. If FFVIII and FFX-2 were the only games available in teh series, I would gladly still play them and love them; however, they just don't compare in my opinion to the rest of the series. It's all about personal preference.

Worst is a pretty strong word and hard to judge. Nothing's fact about the word "worst" with games in the Final Fantasy series.

Twilight Edge
10-18-2006, 08:28 AM
The word 'worst' doesn't exist in my dictionary of FF. All are equal.

Crossblades
10-18-2006, 05:27 PM
I like all FFs I've played, even though I do have some favorites. Yes, including Mystic Quest:)