PDA

View Full Version : The Most Mystic Place

The Crystal
09-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Okay, we all know that FF is a series about magic and fantasy(duh!), and because of this, the different worlds of each game have many mystic and exotic locations. Lost cities, magic temples, flying islands, cities in another planets, another dimensions, etc.
What i want to know is, in your opinion, what place in the entire series is the most mystic, to you? The place that give that feeling of fantasy, that make you remember that "you" are in a exotic world, full of magic. Can be because of it's role in the story, the design, the music, whatever. Cities, Dungeons, or other locations.
Remember that can be any place of any game. This is about places that have a mystic and exotic aura in your opinion, they don't have to be conected with magic(if you think that a technological city is exotic, for example, you can say it).

PS: Please, say WHY you choosed a specific location.

Flying Mullet
09-28-2006, 11:15 PM
The entire world of Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest.

I mean, come on. It's a mystic quest. :mog:

ljkkjlcm9
09-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Mullet...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ljkkjlcm9/wtf.png
I agree with him... cause it's true

THE JACKAL

LunarWeaver
09-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I liked FFVII's industrial gothic situation. Not really mystic in usual terms but it works for me. I liked Midgar a lot.

Judging from pictures and such, I think FFXII's Ivalice is a great world and may become my favorite.

Evastio
09-28-2006, 11:55 PM
The entire world of Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest.

I mean, come on. It's a mystic quest. :mog:
The place where you face the boss was quite Mystic. Everything else wasn't compared to the other Final Fantasys.

Bolivar
09-29-2006, 12:52 AM
the ruins of Zanarkand. the entire game you know you're eventually going to get there and you wonder what it's going to look like and it's just like the other backgrounds in FFX, really well done.

I think another one is Oevert or however you spell it in FFIX. I think that's the one, but it's where there's all the faces and they start talking about what's really going on, and you see models representing the two planets, an airship, really makes you think WTF IS GOIN ON!?!? if you know FFIV's storyline.

Psychotic
09-29-2006, 01:40 AM
Mysidia, FFIV. Why? The music is called Mystic Mysidia. I think that's as good a reason as any! Oh, and it's packed full of mages and such, but that's a minor technical detail.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-29-2006, 03:18 AM
Macalania Forest... The music of the crystals is just simply mystically enchanting

Zeromus_X
09-29-2006, 03:24 AM
The inner sections of the Core of the Moon (FFIV), the Esper Cave (FFVI), the Northern Cave 'Reunion' sections (FFVII), Ultimecia's Castle (FFVIII), a hella lot of places in FFIX, and Macalania Woods ftw (FFX).

Evastio
09-29-2006, 03:36 AM
I find Final Dungeons that are in outer space (FFMQ, FF3, FF4) to be very Mystic. Especially with the mystic music playing in the background.

BlueLurker
09-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Underground The Forgotten City in FFVII... the whole place is like crystal, with a huge winding staircase and stones sitting in water at the bottom. It's very prettyful.

Elpizo
09-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Memoria... For the music and also, how it was made. It was such a strange Place. Place of Memories... My fav. Final Dungeon. The music was touching.

Second comes Ultimecia's Castle. That place looked so mysterious what with the full moon shining above it, fighting the guardians... ANd the music rocks, too.

Yeah, these two. I like outer-spacish dungeons as well, such as the Final Floors of the Void (FF V) and Dark World (FF III). The last floors of Pandaemonium were cool as well.

Avarice-ness
09-29-2006, 07:34 AM
The inner sections of the Core of the Moon (FFIV), the Esper Cave (FFVI), the Northern Cave 'Reunion' sections (FFVII), Ultimecia's Castle (FFVIII), a hella lot of places in FFIX, and Macalania Woods ftw (FFX).

Twilight Edge
09-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Memoria... For the music and also, how it was made. It was such a strange Place. Place of Memories... My fav. Final Dungeon. The music was touching.

Second comes Ultimecia's Castle. That place looked so mysterious what with the full moon shining above it, fighting the guardians... ANd the music rocks, too.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Ultimecia castle in FFVIII

The Great Glacier (reunion place) in FFVII

City of the Ancient in FFVII

The clown guy tower in FFVI

The Lifa Tree in FFIX

Memoria in FFIX

Inside Sin in FFX

Dell
09-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Tomb of Raithwall, Stillshrine of Miriam, The Ancient City of Giruvegan, Pharos of Ridorana, Nabudis and lots more.

FFXII wins at this.

Christmas
09-29-2006, 06:52 PM
HONEY BEE INN.:bigsmile:

Dynast-Kid
09-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Judging from pictures and such, I think FFXII's Ivalice is a great world and may become my favorite.

Me too.

But my fave place right now is...Zanarkand Ruins,biatch!

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Zanarkand Ruins, for the obvious reasons. The only place I liked better was the actual city, but it's not as mystical.

Ulti's castle
City of the ancients
Farplane Abyss
Macalania
and lots more :P

Sefie1999AD
09-30-2006, 11:11 AM
FFIX's Memoria, FFIII's Dark World, FFI's Sky Tower and the last floors of Pandemonium in FFII come to my mind first. Memoria was quite a mystic final dungeon, and the music added a lot there. Dark World was cool because of the floor tiles and the way it was somewhere in outer space or something. Sky Tower felt mystic because it was such a hi-tech place in a medieval fantasy world, and the music added a lot too. The last floors of Pandemonium have nice floor tiles, then you're walking in what looks like a space platform, and finally you walk in the astral plains or something.

boys from the dwarf
09-30-2006, 11:22 AM
everyones said all the good ones already.

well i agree with all the best examples that have been said above.

usually places where you discover something important like oilevert and pandamonium (FF9.) and final floors such as the memoria, the crystal world, pandamonium castle (FF2.) X-zone final floors, the FF4 final floors E.C.T

Captain Maxx Power
09-30-2006, 02:19 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Smb1_minus_world.png

In this world, it's always negative.

The Crystal
10-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Someone else?

crazybayman
10-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Macalania Forest (FFX), The Temple of Fiends 2000 years in the past (FF1), The Forgotten Capital (FF7), the Sky Tower (FF1), Temple of the Ancients (FF7), The Tomb of the Forgotten King (FF8), Shumi Village (FF8).....

just to name a few

Jowy
10-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Murond Death City and the Airship Graveyard.

bipper
10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Zanarkand?

--One Winged Angel--
10-07-2006, 05:40 AM
the city with the sand storm around it in FFIX. i think its clerya or sumthin like that. it just so nice. :D

BustaMo
10-07-2006, 06:02 AM
I think that Daryl's Tomb in Final Fantasy VI was a pretty mystic and awesome side part of a side plot that really stood out when you play through it. I mean not only do you learn about Setzer's past here, but there's just something about the tragedy in FFVI and the relationships that the main characters had with these people, that jump out and make me really appreciate the backstory's of people such as Locke (with Rachel), Shadow/Clyde (with Baram), and Setzer (with Daryl), etc...

Those 3 stick out the most. Oh, and don't forget the Cyan and what eventually befalls him in the game. I won't spoil it since it happens in th egame, but it's just another example of each character holds a deep part of them inside and gives the the strength to fight on.

chionos
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I think that Darrel's Tomb in Final Fantasy VI was a pretty mystic and awesome side part of a side plot that really stood out when you play through it. I mean not only do you learn about Setzer's past here, but there's just something about the tragedy in FFVI and the relationships that the main characters had with these people, that jump out and make me really appreciate the backstory's of people such as Locke (with Rachel), Shadow/Clyde (with Baram), and Setzer (with Darrel), etc...
Those 3 stick out the most. Oh, and don't forget the Cyan and what eventually befalls him in the game. I won't spoil it since it happens in th egame, but it's just another example of each character holds a deep part of them inside and gives the the strength to fight on.
Preach it!!

FFVI's locations were great, the tomb, narshe, the ancient castle, doma castle: it would be great to see them given the 3d treatment.
castles, especially ruined castles, can't help but be mystical so anytime they show up in a game they add mysterious flavor even if it is a bit cliche. I attribute mystical to fantasy, and the first 6 ff's had the classic fantasy setup: damsels, dragons, kings, dwarves, etc. FFVI began the shift away from the strictly fantasy realms to more sci-fi technologically advanced worlds. FFVII and FFVIII were definately un-fantasy, and even though FFIX went back to a more fantasical setting, the overall feeling is more sci-fi than fantasy. Not that it's a bad thing, or a good thing for that matter. Just, when I think mystical I think FFI-FFVI.

Elemental Alchemist
10-11-2006, 02:29 AM
Burmecia is definetly mystical. I don't think anyone else has mentioned it.

That eternal rain is... well, eternal. This location is also my favorite.