PDA

View Full Version : ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!

Crimson
09-29-2006, 01:35 AM
finally after a long wait, all my europe friends.........KINGDOM HEARTS 2 IS FINALLY HERE!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Lauz
09-29-2006, 06:54 AM
im so happy...i thought that this day would never come.:tongue:

my copy arrived this morning..such a pity that i had to go to work(and the day went sooooo slow too)

Im gonna start it soon :D :D :D :D

Markus. D
09-29-2006, 09:41 AM
hooray... I spent the money I was saving for it on pie and stuffs.

Craig
09-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Yes, it is indeed. I shall buy it if the Job Centre has paid me my money.

Xander
09-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Who's came from Play.com? Did you preorder it ages ago? It has to come today! I'm so panicking now =/

DudeSon2004
09-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm getting my copy later on today, oh I can't wait any longer!!! I am so relieved it's out today!
"Sanctuary" is stuck in my head right now!

Crimson
09-29-2006, 12:19 PM
hey guys i saw the kh2 european advert the second i got u, have any of you seen it yet?

OMG!!! its in my hands and ppl were right the cover is shiny!!!

Please don't double-post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

Levian
09-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Oh my god, I'm so going downtown to check if it's in the stores.

Xander
09-29-2006, 12:41 PM
I've been informed it has arrived at home :D So I will be opening it in about 7 hours, yay. I love how everyone is as excited as me, people IRL don't get it. xD

Rostum
09-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Did they boost up the Proud setting for PAL version? I'm having quite some difficulty around Port Royal and Agrabah with it, even though my friend said that Proud still made it very easy. =\

And my god what a long prologue, was alright though. =)

Levian
09-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Oh my god, I'm holding it right now. :eek:

starseeker
09-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I got my sister to pick it up on the way home from school (she gets home before me). I'm so happy!

Sefie1999AD
09-29-2006, 05:51 PM
The Finnish release date is supposed to be today, but I checked a shop's website, and they don't seem to have it yet, at least not on their website. I'll check the shop later, although it will be very expensive for me to buy KH2 and a new PS2 memory card.

Aurons_Desciple
09-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah i'm amped, got mine yesterday and played it hard out :D

Albel
09-29-2006, 10:00 PM
YAY, its finally out. YEAH ive seen the advert. Its cool.

My name is...something..?
09-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Congratulations all you European members.:)
Hope you all have fun with it.

Rocket Edge
09-29-2006, 10:11 PM
I got mine this morning, it's great!! :hyper: *Enters 6th day*

Xander
09-30-2006, 01:29 AM
oooh shiny box <3 Sora looks so cute on the back! I haven't played yet cos my friends came over and I decided I ought to be sociable. So tomorrow KH2 here I come :D

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2006, 02:34 AM
I'm so glad you guys can play now! I hope y'all enjoy it as much as me :spin:

McLovin'
09-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Be afraid. Very afraid.

Frozen Phantom
09-30-2006, 10:14 PM
god the virus spreads to europe :O_O:

_yeojina_
10-01-2006, 11:06 AM
I got it on the 28th of September in Australia at 9:48 AM. :D And then I started playing it at 1:00 PM. Sooo fun! :D

Breine
10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
I'll see if I can get a hold on it sometime next week. I can't wait!

Rostum
10-01-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm up to the final boss now (won't give anything away), and the story really has changed so much since KH1 -- kind of weird but I like how everything has made its way together.

Proud mode was pretty hard for me half way through there, but I guess that's what you get for being the same level or one below the suggested level on the worlds -- so I ended up leveling heaps and it made it all a lot easier.

Right now I'm going to work on getting Ultima Weapon (only need 4 more Orch+), and leveling all the drives up.

So far it's been fun. =) I haven't tried any Jimmeny things though, can't be bothered. ,_, But apparently Proud means you can still see the secret ending.

DudeSon2004
10-01-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm loving the game so far! Feels great to say I can play it.

Xander
10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Omecle, did you only get it Friday?? If so, wow. xD I just got past the prologue, and now I kinda miss Roxas. Yeah I'm using spoiler tags in case it's possible for anyone to be slower than me. XD

I hope it will last me a good couple of months though, at least. ^_^ Ohhh skating is so fun! Tony Hawks! XD

I saw bit of the advert on TV :D

~SapphireStar~
10-01-2006, 07:18 PM
I got my copy Saturday with the guide. Looks excellent! Havent played it yet!

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-01-2006, 07:33 PM
This makes me want to play KH I again (I need a new copy of it) or play KH II again, or complete everything in my Proud mode game then beat it. I never actually got everything there is to get in a game, though I was close in KH I.

Anniexo
10-01-2006, 07:34 PM
ahhh i've got to tell my mum to get some money to get it i have to have it I GOT TO GET THIS GAME lol

Rostum
10-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Omecle, did you only get it Friday?? If so, wow. xD

Nah I got it on the Thursday, and I just finished and saw the secret ending. You guys won't be dissapointed! My god, how awesome.

Sefie1999AD
10-02-2006, 06:34 AM
I'm glad you're liking the game. I just checked, and although the Finnish release date was September 29th, there's not many shops where I can get it, and one shop that will be selling KH2 says it won't be released until October 5th. It's too bad, though it doesn't really matter since I'll have to wait for a week and a half until I can buy and play the game anyway.

A few questions to you, people:

1) Have you played KH: Chain of Memories? If you haven't, how well can you understand KH2's story without playing CoM? I've only beat Sora's story in CoM, and I can't be bothered to play Reverse Rebirth.

2) How easy/hard is the game on Proud mode? I'd like to get the secret ending, but I wouldn't like to be stuck on my first game. If it's quite challenging, I'll probably beat the game first on Easy/Normal and then play my second game on Proud.

Rostum
10-02-2006, 09:05 AM
You don't even need to play CoM to understand what's going on and what went on between KH1 and KH2. If you've played Sora's story, then that should defenately be enough -- you can always read up a script on the rest if you feel you really need to.

But in anycase, there's not much story in Rebirth Mode anyways.

I say go Proud mode, if you stick around low levels it can be a bit of a challenge. But always look out for places you can level, if you're five levels higher than the world, then it becomes a lot more fun.

Plus, Jiminy's Journal is apparently very annoying to get %100 (which is what you need on Normal mode to get the secret ending). So yeah, Proud is defenately worth it!

~SapphireStar~
10-02-2006, 11:05 AM
I didnt beat the first one and I no longer have a copy of it. The only bad thing is there are loads of flash backs in the second game. Some I havent seen before from the previous game. But I dont mind.

10-02-2006, 07:43 PM
I see that Sky of Memory video from CoM so I had an idea, but you really do not need to play it at all, it explains in the intro via flashbacks.

I do not know about the PAL version, but the NTSC version, the Proud mode was not that hard at all. Admitedly I died a few times more often, sometimes out of bad timing and carelessness, but I actually found it still quite simple. There was some part where I had trouble in Normal Mode that I did with ease on Proud. So I really can't say Proud mode is that much harder. It is worth your time to play it in Proud mode, since it is not that much more difficult.

Sefie1999AD
10-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the answers, that's good to hear! :) One thing, though:

I say go Proud mode, if you stick around low levels it can be a bit of a challenge. But always look out for places you can level, if you're five levels higher than the world, then it becomes a lot more fun.

So do they show you the recommended levels for each world in the game?

10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Yup. When you go to each world, there is a number somewhere giving you the level of the world.

Sefie1999AD
10-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Okay. That sounds more handy than the star rating for the enemies' difficulty in the original KH.

Lacrymosa
10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
It finally got released in the Uk friday ^^ It is rather good, nearly completed it though, definately not the challenge that the first one gave.

Xander
10-03-2006, 10:42 PM
You think? I must have got worse at games then, I'm finding the enemies even in the first world pretty mean. XD they do long attacks and keep knocking me over..I'm sure it at least started off easier before....

People play so quick! Slow down! :p I'm at the first world still. xD

Crimson
10-04-2006, 12:10 AM
YAY! tonight i became one of the first people in britian to beat kh2 ^_^

Rostum
10-04-2006, 01:57 AM
You think? I must have got worse at games then, I'm finding the enemies even in the first world pretty mean. XD they do long attacks and keep knocking me over..I'm sure it at least started off easier before....

People play so quick! Slow down! :p I'm at the first world still. xD

Hehe, yeah that's what I thought at first, and everyone was saying how easy it is. But just wait until you get more ground and air combos, they really do make a difference -- also the Reaction command (triangle) is different for most enemies so try and use that to your advantage, because on a few bosses and the final one, you need some good reflexes to use it!

I agree with the slowing down bit, I think I went through it too quickly and now I'm sad it's over. ,_, And all I have left to do is gummi ship missions and Sephiroth. =(

Edit: Who agrees that there should have been a showdown between Darkside and Twilight Thorn? They're about the same size at least, and you fight them at the beginning of each game. =P

10-04-2006, 03:31 AM
That would be interesting.

Xander
10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
I hate gummi shipping as much as ever, grrr.

Rostum
10-04-2006, 08:36 AM
But it's greatly improved in this one! I guess it wasn't on my my interesting things to do in the game, but at least you can barrel role with the circle button. D;

~SapphireStar~
10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
YAY! tonight i became one of the first people in britian to beat kh2 ^_^
People could have beaten it on Saturday or Sunday or Monday.
There are hardcore gamers out there in the UK who play nonstop.

Breine
10-05-2006, 04:02 PM
I just got it today. I'm so excited! - I won't be playing it before some time next week, though, because I told myself I wouldn't start a new game in it before I have finished my file in Final Fantasy X-2 (I'm in chapter 5, so that won't take that much time). I can't wait to start! :D

Levian
10-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I just got it today. I'm so excited! - I won't be playing it before some time next week, though, because I told myself I wouldn't start a new game in it before I have finished my file in Final Fantasy X-2 (I'm in chapter 5, so that won't take that much time). I can't wait to start! :D

I wish I could have self control like that.

Carl the Llama
10-07-2006, 06:21 AM
I got my copy on the 3rd (my birthday) and completed it on the 6th lol (and now iv started completeing Jimminys Journal and I have also beaten Sephiroth (at level 70) and wow... was that a challenge lol

Crimson
10-07-2006, 07:13 AM
thx for all the reply guys, this is the best thread ive had all year :D

Sefie1999AD
10-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Alright, I visited a shop with a friend of mine today, and I bought KH2 for a pretty good price of 56 euros. ^^ The covers look pretty, but I'll need to wait for at least 4-5 days until I can play the game.

Carl the Llama
10-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Alright, I visited a shop with a friend of mine today, and I bought KH2 for a pretty good price of 56 euros. ^^ The covers look pretty, but I'll need to wait for at least 4-5 days until I can play the game.

one word. Why?

Sefie1999AD
10-07-2006, 11:51 PM
If your question "why" is referring to why I need to wait until I get to play the game, I don't have a PS2 at my student apartment (even if I did, I wouldn't have a TV for it), but I'll be able to give KH2 a try when I visit my parents next week.

Breine
10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
I've finally beaten Final Fantasy X-2 and so I'll be able to start playing Kingdom Hearts 2 maybe some time tomorrow, although it's been over a week since I purchased the game. I can't wait..! :)

Sefie1999AD
10-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I've played KH2 for 16 hours now. It will take me at least two weeks until I get to play it again, though. Since I'll be busy with school for a long time, I won't be able to play the game that much since I'm only able to play it when I visit my home town and my parents, but hopefully I'll be able to play it a lot on Christmas and even beat it. So far, I think the game's been very enjoyable. Here's what I wrote in my LJ about the first 10˝ hours of the game (warning: *SPOILERS!!!*):

Ouch, my head is aching a bit for playing KH2 for about 7˝ hours within the last two days. I arrived to Vaasa yesterday and started playing KH2 right away. Where do we start? The graphics look great, and the game looks beautiful. The music is also very good, using some themes from the old game and some new ones. I've noticed from the soundtrack that the synth is weaker than in the first game, but you don't really notice it in the game. There's a song that played in the original KH that plays in several flashback scenes in Twilight Town, but it doesn't seem to be in KH2 soundtrack. I think it's called "Treasured Memories" in KH. The voice acting is still pretty good, but I liked some of KH's voices better, although it could be just me being used to their original voices (I think Ansem, Leon, Yuffie and Aerith all sounded better in the original game). The game has loads of cutscenes. So far there's been several moments where I've wanted to save the game after the cutscenes have been going on for a really long time and I haven't saved for over half an hour. You can skip the cutscenes, though, but I prefer to watch them as there's a lot of plot development there. Twilight Town was a really fun town with a lot of heart and emotional turns, and I really enjoyed the ~5.5 hours spent on that world.

I'm playing the game on Proud mode, so the monsters are quite tough, and the game's hard at times. I was careless twice and lost to normal Nobodies, but otherwise, the bosses have been the challenging part. I defeated the Twilight Zone on my second try, although now that I think about it, the battle is more about learning a proper strategy and using the reaction commands. It took me 3 tries to defeat Vivi, but Setzer was amazingly easy for me, and I beat him on my first try. The reaction commands add a nice extra to the battles, and the boss battles are stunning with their special twists and turns, and they feel quite epic. The mini-games are quite fun, and I took a while playing them.

I've beat Sora's story in KH: Chain of Memories, which has helped me understand KH2's story better, though I think you can understand the story even without playing CoM. It's just that you'll feel like "What on earth happened between KH1 and KH2" if you haven't. Well actually, not much. Sora encountered and defeated like half of Organization XIII in the Castle of Oblivion, and Naminé's powers caused Sora forget everyone around him and everyone forget Sora, but now, Naminé is trying to restore Sora's memories. DiZ and a character who claims to be Ansem are up to something, although they still seem to be on Sora's side in a way, and wanting to defeat Organization XIII. Christopher Lee does an excellent job as DiZ, and his laugh is just hilarious. :D While there's some story about Maleficent getting revived, make no mistake, this is the story of Sora and others, not a story that focuses on Disney characters. You'll still run into Disney characters, though. So far, I've seen (in addition to Donald, Goofy and King Mickey) Yensid, Pete, a glimpse of Maleficent, the three Faeries from the Sleeping Beauty, Donald's three nephews, Scrooge McDuck, Merlin and some others in flashbacks.

The Final Fantasy characters and original characters are enjoyable too. It was great seeing Squall/Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid and some others again, and Vivi was very nice to see. He looks a lot like he does in Final Fantasy IX even though he was designed by Yo/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifaka Amano, not Tetsuya Nomura. Seifer, Rai and Fui were pretty good too, and I totally "owned that lamer" Seifer a few times. :P I liked Roxas and his friends too. Hayner is bit cold, but he's otherwise a nice person, and both Pence and Olette are nice too. It was quite a sad scene when Sora and others left Twilight Town. Oh yeah, and was the original Twilight Town a simulation of the real thing since I don't think the characters remembered Roxas in the end... although I think there's some hints that they still know Sora and/or Roxas in their hearts.

I cleared the routes to Beast's Castle and China (BTW it was nice hearing Chip and Dale speak), and I'll do those worlds next. I'll see what else I can do this week, and I'll probably keep updating this entry. But until the next update, take care, everyone! ^^ *huggles*

EDIT 01: 10˝ hours now. I went through Mulan's world. It was a lot of fun, and there were several funny moments. The speared riders were quite tough, and buying Potions is getting quite expensive, so I hope I'll get the Cure spell soon. I beat Shan-Yu, although when I played that fight again later, I noticed how much easier it would have been if I had used the Valor Form Drive. At the end of the world, there were some cute hints and blushing about Mulan and Shan-Yu. ^^ Currently Sora is on level 17.

I'll try to post about the Beast's Castle and Olympus Coliseum in my LJ quite soon, and I'll also try to update about my KH2 progress here.

Markus. D
10-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Im about three quarters of the way through the game x_x"

ITS.... AMAZING! best game I have played in a long time.

Le Mutton Noir
10-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Have fun guys, it rocks.

Breine
10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
I just started the game today and I've played for about 5 hours as of now. So far it's a really enjoyable game and it has really reminded me how great the Kingdom Hearts franchise is. I've just arrived at Hollow Bastion at the moment.

Anyway, it surprised me how long the beginning of the game took to finish. The title screen didn't come up for the first three hours - but, so far it has been a lot of fun :)

Sefie1999AD
10-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Alright, here's my update about the next two worlds or so. Once again, the following parts contain *SPOILERS!!!*

Sora and others went to the Beast's Castle. The Large Body Heartless creatures were tough, but otherwise I was doing pretty well. I defeated the possessed dungeon door after quite a close battle. It was nice seeing Belle, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip and others. ^^ After a minigame that made me feel somewhat sorry for Cogsworth, I did a few things and eventually headed to the West Wing. I was reluctant to attack the Beast first, but eventually, I got him back to his senses. Eventually I fought the Heartless boss in a visually dashing battle in the Ball Room. I used Valor Form there, and even the Chandelier came down while fighting the boss. :D I got the Cure spell (finally!), and I did some leveling up in different worlds. I visited the 100 Acre Wood for a while, and I tried out the Chicken Little summon. It was quite a fun summon (voiced by Zach Braff), though I didn't like it how it depleted the Drive Gauge.

I went to the Olympus Coliseum. Well, the underworld anyway. Hades brought Auron to him and ordered him to fight Hercules, but Auron refused, saying, "This is my story. And you're not a part of it." Hades got mad, yelling, "You are FIRED!" Having Auron in the party was excellent fan service (worked for me, at least :P). He was voiced by Matt McKenzie, and he sounded just like he did in FFX, and he even had some of his FFX lines ("Farewell!") and moves, not to mention a limit break that combines some of his moves in FFX. I fought the Cerberus, and since this was on Proud difficulty level, I was quite sure I'd lose that battle since I've heard many people being stuck on that fight, but I won it on the first try without too much trouble. Sora's Reaction move (he blocks the dog's mouth with his Keyblade) looked great. After a few minigames, I headed straight to a trap set by Hades and Pete. However, I saved Meg, and then Sora, Donald, Goofy and Hercules got to beat Pete. Those guys totally owned him. The Valor Form really beat him up badly, and then Sora and Herc used him as a ping ball. :D

It was time to fight the Hydra. I felt sorry for Hercules, he was pretty much burning himself out by fighting battles one after another. Eventually, he collapsed when he saw how Hydra had been revived, and it had destroyed the Coliseum. Sora, Donald, Goofy, Meg, Phil and Pegasus all rallied to fight Hydra together. I thought this would be another hard battle, but I don't think it was that tough. The battle was quite long and had a good amount of twists and turns. Eventually I got a good opportunity to attack all the snake heads. I had Sora transform into his Valor Form, and I had him slash at the snake heads for loads of damage, and then he took the Pegasus ride to do some more damage to the heads. Eventually, Hydra ran out of HP, and Sora used a really nice-looking Vanquish move to end the battle. And so I completed the Olympus Coliseum. Next destination: Disney Castle. ^^

DudeSon2004
11-08-2006, 09:00 PM
It's a little late to say this but I've beaten the game on the 7th of October, which is also my birthday!
Since it's November, I've been here a year now.