PDA

View Full Version : Back Problems

strawberryman
09-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Well, considering I've been rendered into a perpetual state of awakeness through the pain in my back that shoots up my spine every time I roll over in my sleep, I figured I should find something to pass the time. Thus, the topic.

Has your back ever hurt to an extreme point from pulling a muscle or any otherwise nasty injuries?

Avarice-ness
09-29-2006, 06:48 AM
I have yet to figure out why, but every so often I'll get sharp pains in my hip to the point of it hurts to much to walk so I won't walk anywhere. It's been gone for a while, which means it'll be a bit before it comes back or it'll show up again soon.

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 01:27 PM
the part of the of my back jus between my shoulder blades......i think its like thoraxic vertabrae....... or somethin..yeh anyway....between my shoulder blades hurts all the time............

fantasyjunkie
09-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I have always had back problems. 2 months ago I was in bed for 4 days because I couldn't move. For all of those 4 days I was on heavy drugs that left me in a daze :( :cry: I hope you guys never have to experience that kind of pain.

Quindiana Jones
09-29-2006, 05:38 PM
When I had that thing done to me (someone holds your hands, another your feet. They swing then throw you. IT WAS MY CHOICE!), I landed badly on my coccix and was in an incredible amount of pain. Took weeks to get rid of it. I still went to bloody school.

Misfit
09-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah! A piece of my spine is crooked. ^_^ So it kinda looks like this:

--------/---

Just tilt your head left.

Yay.

bipper
09-29-2006, 06:11 PM
While I was working like a madman at Wal-mart I chiped 3 virtibre which really freakin hurt and took me out for a good weekend. I still get pain from it, and sometimes it is quite bad. But all in all, I hurt it at Wal-mart so thier compensation was a pain, and I never fully healed. :( Oh well!

Polaris
09-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Sometimes I have to lay on bed coz my backs hurts so much... :( It's horrible sometimes I can't even sleep coz it hurts so mcuh... :whimper:

Rye
09-29-2006, 07:33 PM
I suffer back pains because I sleep in unusual positions... I just know SOMEONE is going to make a dirty comment about that. :p

Rainecloud
09-29-2006, 08:03 PM
I've never had any problems with my back in my entire life.

Lucky, eh?

Faris
09-29-2006, 09:26 PM
I see a chiropractor and I can crack my own back and ribs. =D

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 09:35 PM
see a chiropractor and I can crack my own back and ribs. =D

i dont see a chiropractor but can crack practically every bone in my body....except my skull.........but thats bad for you...you get a buils up of synovial fluid......and then it all dissappears rhen you get arthritis....

Quindiana Jones
09-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I suffer back pains because I sleep in unusual positions... I just know SOMEONE is going to make a dirty comment about that. :p

:jokey:

LunarWeaver
09-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I carried around every book in my bag in High School and it gave me horrible posture. My spine is always all curved. I have no back problems yet, but I'm looking forward to the inevitable complications.

On a related note, I laugh at the word coccyx.

Quindiana Jones
09-29-2006, 10:14 PM
On a related note, I laugh at the word coccyx.

So do I, but for two reasons.

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 10:29 PM
i have incredible posture.............incredibly good that is........how can you expect to pick up hot chicks witha hunch back..........
thats probably what all you guys are doin wrong........hahahha....

kikimm
09-30-2006, 01:11 AM
the part of the of my back jus between my shoulder blades......i think its like thoraxic vertabrae....... or somethin..yeh anyway....between my shoulder blades hurts all the time............

Yeah same here. It happens when I sit up straight for a long time, or stand up for a long time. I remember I was standing up wrapping christmas presents for half an hour one year and man. Ouch. So yeah walking around for a long time is not really fun cause it happens.

Nothing really serious, though. I have slight scoliosis but that's it.

I Took the Red Pill
09-30-2006, 01:14 AM
I have slight scoliosis but that's it.
Yep, me too. Sometimes after carrying heavy things I'll get sharp pains in my back. But it's not between my shoulder blades, it's lower down my back. Sometimes I'll have a back pain for reasons unbeknownst to myself. Yes, I've always wanted to use that word, but have never had the oppurtunity to until now. :jess:

Skogs
09-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I've got what my physio described as an 'thoracolumbar facet arthropathy'. Generally I get pain when I lean back or tense the muscles in my lumbar region. It's kept me out of rowing for almost a year.

Ashi
09-30-2006, 07:48 PM
My long term problem turned out to be just plain old muscle spasm. It happened every once in a while in the past four or five years or so. I remember the first time it happened I'd bent over to pick something up and my back was stuck like that, it was really bad cause I had a final the next day and couldn't continue reviewing. At first family thought I was faking it and trying to run away from studying, but when the realized that I really couldn't straighten my back they kinda freaked out :confused: