PDA

View Full Version : I miss world maps

Harpoon
09-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Ok, so I havent played FFXII yet so im not sure if it had a world map type thing.

All im saying is that world maps rocked the party. I want to see one just like they had in the older games.

peace.

RiseToFall
09-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Who doesn't love them. Sadly I don't think this game will have one, but I have been wrong before. (very rare)

:nibbles: < look it tumbles, sorry I get amused easily.

vorpal blade
09-29-2006, 09:49 AM
I agree. It let me know where I was in a world. And though FFX let me feel like I was actually in Spira, it also felt restricted, a feeling not felt in the other FF games that had world maps.

aerithsloveslave
09-29-2006, 12:37 PM
I loved the world maps! X felt way too linear until you get near the very end because of its lack of a map. Unfortunetly, since XII is attempting to be the most "realistic" of the series so far, i.e. enemies on screen at all times, it doesn't have a map either. :(

Rydia Forever
09-29-2006, 03:28 PM
World Maps made FF games feel more like a . . . adventure. I miss them as well. :(

LunarWeaver
09-29-2006, 06:49 PM
The world map in X and XII is simply seen from the character's perspective instead of a hugely out-of-proportion interactive map that doesn't resemble what a world looks like at all. I much prefer that myself. XIII will probably continue on with that.

Rinion
09-30-2006, 01:51 AM
I never liked world maps. Like many other games, it was disproportional to the actual world and made getting around too easy and boring.

I like the was it is done in X, personally. And, that fact that XII's battles are not randomly generated and flow with the actual environment (no cracked glass-like screen and battle music scaring you half to death) makes it near impossiable to have a world map facing downwards at the party.

Ashley Schovitz
09-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Hmm this should be in the XII section not XIII and to answer your question I would not know if they would still have a world map, actually I don't believe that there will be one at all now that I recall a review from PSM saying that you can teleport back to towns with an item, so there's no need for an airship I guess and I'm guessing that we won't even see a world map from within an airship like in X and X-2, it's a little dissapointing, but it's still Final Fantasy.