PDA

View Full Version : emulator problem....with mgs.....

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 05:09 PM
hey......i was wonderin if anybody cud help me find out whats wrong.....i made an iso of mgs and i was playin it....but the cutscenes skip and the sound in the cutscenes and the codec communications are echoing....its like....snkae sna snak snake snkae go to the eleleleelelelevator.......and stuff like that.....plus it keeps freezin...and then i have to start again.......goddammit.......:confused:

help wud be appreciated..........

Jowy
09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
If you could translate your post into English, I could try and help. ^_^

What emulator are you using for starters?

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 05:38 PM
errrrr.......

ePSXe, its the newest version,ithink.
iam playin it via an iso...

Jowy
09-29-2006, 06:02 PM
I could tell you what to do, but it'd be easier if you just read this thread. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=93367)

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 07:49 PM
ok thanks man.......i already have all those plugins and stuff....and i have palyed the whole way through ff7 without problems and i am halfway thorugh disc2 of ff8....its jus this damn mgs......anyways.....i might try a different plugin for the video......i am already usin peetes most current one i think.....
anyways.....
THANKS...........

EDIT;...i have tried a few differnet video plugins...i didnt bother with the different sound plugin....turns out the plugin i had all along worked better.....i think its petes 2.8........or somethin like that......

anywhos...i jus had to mess around with the configurations..............its still not perfect.....but at least its not that bad.....and regular gameplay is great...its jus the damn cutscenes.....

sephirothishere
09-30-2006, 08:10 PM
hey again...im hijacking my own thread....ahahahahha.....im in mgs and its workin ok now....but im at the boss fight with psycho mantis......i know your meant to plug the controller into the controller 2 slot....but im playin through an emlator so i dont have any hardware to plu in to the other slot....ya know what i mean....
so basically my question is how do you change the controllers in ePSXe whilsst fightin psycho mantis.....

Odaisé Gaelach
09-30-2006, 08:40 PM
I think that if you assign a set of keys for controller two in the options menu, and use those keys instead of the ones for controller one, then you'll be able to beat him. I think.

sephirothishere
09-30-2006, 08:59 PM
I think that if you assign a set of keys for controller two in the options menu, and use those keys instead of the ones for controller one, then you'll be able to beat him. I think.

yeh itried that.....im prbably jus doin somethin wrong.....what i do is i go into cofig and the game pads or somethin....then i select pad 2 then i assign keys....then i start the game then...they dont respond.........

Odaisé Gaelach
10-01-2006, 05:13 AM
yeh itried that.....im prbably jus doin somethin wrong.....what i do is i go into cofig and the game pads or somethin....then i select pad 2 then i assign keys....then i start the game then...they dont respond.........

I remember vaguely that, if your controller port two wasn't working properly, you could still beat Psycho Mantis by shooting the statues at either side of the room. Perhaps you could try that.

If it doesn't work the first time then you might have to call the Colonel and he'll explain it to you. Then you can do it.