PDA

View Full Version : Ditch friends *once* for a video game?

Peter_20
09-29-2006, 05:34 PM
I was planning on playing Resident Evil 2 all night this evening.
Then all of a sudden my friends ask me to hang out with them and do something tonight.
I don't really feel like it, because I was looking forward to playing RE2 all night, because I love the atmosphere in the game, especially during the night. :heart:

So, what do you think?
Do you find it alright to ditch friends once for a video game? :cool:

Dreddz
09-29-2006, 05:38 PM
It all depends on what your friends are up to. If my friends were just saying, going out to the pub, I'd pass if I wanted to play the game that much. If it was much more than that, Im already out the door.

Peter_20
09-29-2006, 05:39 PM
It all depends on what your friends are up to. If my friends were just saying, going out to the pub, I'd pass if I wanted to play the game that much. If it was much more than that, Im already out the door.Um, they want me to watch movies with them, and that's getting old. :rolleyes2
We've spent lots of evenings watching movies for several years now, *yawn*.

Dreddz
09-29-2006, 05:41 PM
It all depends on what your friends are up to. If my friends were just saying, going out to the pub, I'd pass if I wanted to play the game that much. If it was much more than that, Im already out the door.Um, they want me to watch movies with them, and that's getting old. :rolleyes2

Well, now it depends on the movie. If its a movie you've seen many times, pass on it.

Peter_20
09-29-2006, 05:42 PM

Well, now it depends on the movie. If its a movie you've seen many times, pass on it.This time it's the longer version of "The Shining".
I've seen it, like, a hundred times.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-29-2006, 05:44 PM
oh if its like that, id pass

Jowy
09-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Everyone knows better than to make plans with me this weekend. It's Valkyrie Profile time.

Dreddz
09-29-2006, 06:06 PM

Well, now it depends on the movie. If its a movie you've seen many times, pass on it.This time it's the longer version of "The Shining".
I've seen it, like, a hundred times.

Well If its the Shining, watch it a hundred and one times, Resident Evil Can wait :tongue:

Larahl
09-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Usually I never ditch them because we both don't have much time to see each other, so we go out together whenever we have the chance.

JunotDe
09-29-2006, 07:53 PM
I could never do that, ever.

Rainecloud
09-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Go out with your friends. You'll feel like a miserable loner with no life if you stay in. Plus, they might not ask you again if they think you're going to ditch them for something else.

Trust me - I've been there.

Rosenti
09-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Your not ditching them, the term of "ditching" is when you go to a place with them, and just leave them there. They cant control you, if you rather stay in and play your console, then do it. They should not stop you from getting what you want. SO its not bad to say " sorry m8's, cant tonight. Just dont feel up to it". SIMPLE

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 10:08 PM
i was at my friends house a while ago....and hed jus got a new gamecube and resident evil........they all went out to church or somthin...and i was gettin bored so i was like...hey lets play the gamecube.....so anyways...i started a new game in resident evil......the intro was cool....but then everythin after that scared the bejesus outta me........i was like the girl and i was goin aroun with my gun thinkin i was great......then suddenly i encountered a zombie......i felt like screamin....but instead i tried shootin it......i shot it 3 times thinkin that would be enough....but no.it took about half my bullets to kill it......then......i decided to load a game of my friends...it was like right at the final boss...........i got the complete and utter /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif scared outta me.....to be blunt.........but that was a long time ago......but the point is....it was in the middle of the night...and it was scary.....are you crazy.....go hang out with your friends.........

NINJA_Ryu
09-30-2006, 01:08 AM
Go out with your friends. You'll feel like a miserable loner with no life if you stay in. Plus, they might not ask you again if they think you're going to ditch them for something else.

Trust me - I've been there.

concur

Agent Proto
09-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Play RE2, spend time with your friends another time.

LunarWeaver
09-30-2006, 01:25 AM
I've told friends no to play a game a couple times before :jess: But they all know I'm a nerd so it wasn't a shock or anything. I feel kinda bad, but eh I figure it's my freetime and I'll do what I want with it.

Xander
09-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Hehe happened to me just tonight, when I was gonna play KH2 which just arrived. :D But I figured hey I can play it tomorrow. Although I don't get to see these friends too often. If I did I'd probably say, nah I feel like playing a game tonight :P Goes both ways, just make plans for another time with your friends or play the game another time. Do what you want first though ^_^

Tavrobel
09-30-2006, 01:36 AM
No, I haven't, but I've ditched friends IN a videogame.

Vermachtnis
09-30-2006, 01:44 AM
I've ditched my friends to play games a lot of times and they still keep inviting me to stuff. You plan fails Rainecloud. My friends usually do pop up to see what my other plans where and it always ends up the same way: They watch me play whatever it was. That gives me an idea: compromise, invite your friends over to watch you play Resident Evil 2. That should be more entertaining than The Shining. Besides the book is a lot better.

Ashley Schovitz
09-30-2006, 02:01 AM
I could never do that, ever.

I know friends are way more important than games. :mad2:

Raven Nox
09-30-2006, 02:11 AM
I will when what my friends are doing isn't very interesting. Plus, no one is getting me for awhile anyway as Baten Kaitos Origins just came out, and they are aware they can't move me from my Gamecube for very long until I've had my fill of it.

Though really, it is better to go out with your friends, but it's alright to say no if you'd rather do something else. Just don't say no all the time, then they might be mad. xD

Nifleheim7
09-30-2006, 02:31 AM
I do that a lot,and not only for games.
If the are true friends they will respect your interests.

NorthernChaosGod
10-02-2006, 09:36 AM
I'll always choose going out over video games.

Madame Adequate
10-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Videogames don't get pissy about inane things, they clearly win.

Moon Rabbits
10-02-2006, 02:47 PM
If I don't feel like going out for the night (this is rare :)), I'll stay in instead of going out. If I stay in, I usually wind up playing videogames.

Slicksword45
10-02-2006, 07:08 PM
I'v done it.
One of my friends call me EVERY SINGLE DAY. I ditch him quite a bit.

~SapphireStar~
10-02-2006, 07:14 PM
I did it for most of my teen life and I regret it.

I Am Stoner
10-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Videogames don't get pissy about inane things, they clearly win.

QFT

I sometimes just stay in and chill, playin' RE4, FF, Diablo, Max Payne, Chrono Trigger stuff like that or watching Anime, it depends what mood i'm in.

Also friends may be more important than computer games but if you want to just enjoy your own company once in a while playing computer games then I see no harm in it as long as you don't exclude your friends all together.

Vikeve
10-02-2006, 09:55 PM
I would ditch them if i really wanted to play the video game. I mean only if there doing something I don't care about or something we do a lot. Then I'll pass and catch them the next time its as simple as that.

However, one time I did that and i got stuck on a boss or something and then got pissed and started to wish I went with them instead but thats in the past now. No boss fight can take me on.:cool:

ValkyrieWing
10-03-2006, 08:48 AM
My friends usually play with me, so the best of both worlds there. :)

Cruise Control
10-03-2006, 10:44 AM
I do it all the time.

NeoCracker
10-03-2006, 12:01 PM
I've never ditched my friends for a game. However I felt horrible when I ditched my game for them, never made that mistake again.

pinkmage
10-03-2006, 05:22 PM
funny u should say that ive done it for Resi evil 4 before
that game is just pure genius

Shaun
10-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Playing video games was an obsession when I was a child. I often refused spending time with the few friends I had because of it, or played video games with them instead. I don't think it made me a 'miserable loner' though, because a lot of people who are like me had the same problem.

Mirage
10-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Sure, why not? If you think the game you're going to play sounds like more fun than whatever they're going to do, I don't see why not.

Vikeve
10-05-2006, 11:41 PM
My friends usually play with me, so the best of both worlds there. :)

Good point! Most of my really close friends like video games.