PDA

View Full Version : President shinra

cloud21zidane16
09-29-2006, 09:36 PM
what did you think of president shinra? i wish he had been in the game longer i thought he was quite a good character considering he was in it for such a short time

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-29-2006, 10:25 PM
He was a perfectly detestable villain while he lasted, but I think having Jenovaroth suddenly kill him off and then shifting the focus to his jerk of a son made for an excellent dramatic turning point in the narrative.

LunarWeaver
09-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Jenovaroth :lol:

He was alright and all, but I really liked Rufus. Rufus was an even bigger bastard, and that made for even bigger fun.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Actually i think he represented the typical corrupt politician.

His death was necessary to move the plot or else Cloud and the others would have stayed locked up in their cells.

I also like the way Rufus takes over son of a corrupt president he represents the greedy sons and daughters who just want to gain acess to their parents fortune.

The Crystal
09-29-2006, 10:40 PM
He was a perfectly detestable villain while he lasted, but I think having Jenovaroth suddenly kill him off and then shifting the focus to his jerk of a son made for an excellent dramatic turning point in the narrative.

And let's not forget that after he died, he was absorbed by Sephiroth in the Lifestream, in "Maiden who Travels the Planet". A very good end to him.

cloud21zidane16
09-29-2006, 11:42 PM
i wonder if he will be in crisis core

LunarWeaver
09-30-2006, 12:11 AM
i wonder if he will be in crisis core

Wow, I didn't even think about that :jess: It would be quite neat if they expanded on him as a character in CC. Maybe give his greed some motivation :eyebrow:

Carl the Llama
09-30-2006, 01:25 AM
his greed motivation? why does he have to have motivation?

LunarWeaver
09-30-2006, 01:37 AM
his greed motivation? why does he have to have motivation?

Oh he doesn't, I mean greed in itself is fine. I'm greedy and I have no motivation other then the sake of it after all :jess:

But he would become a much cooler villain if they did give him a nice fleshed out reason is all I was implying.

Bolivar
09-30-2006, 07:10 AM
Oh man, President Shinra is a great villain.

"If you'll excuse me, I have a dinner to attend to..."

For the first time in an FF, the villains weren't emporers, evil mages, lunatics, or power-hungry military officers.

They were white men who wore business suits and listened to classical music. And attended dinners. It really pushed the series forward.

He symbolized everything evil in a capitalistic society without the story taking an overly Marxist approach.

boys from the dwarf
09-30-2006, 09:13 AM
he's alright but it works to kill him off and replace him with rufus so early.

i guess he will be in the prequels.

vorpal blade
09-30-2006, 10:49 AM
I found Shinra's plan to crush Sector 7, get rid of their opposition, claim that it was done by Avalanche, increase taxes, and get more money to be quite brilliant.

However, I like Rufus more. He just looks much more evil.

Sefie1999AD
09-30-2006, 11:03 AM
What can I say, President Shinra is the KING Vermin. :p He was a pretty good villain character, though I guess he had to be killed in the story so that Rufus could be introduced, and IMHO, Rufus was a more interesting character than his father.