PDA

View Full Version : Need some help here plz...

TifaxCloud
09-30-2006, 09:09 AM
I can make signatures using adobe photoshop, right? Is that the same as adobe illustrator? If it's not, can I still use it to create a sig? And are there any other ways I can make my own sig without using photoshops? I'd really appreciate it if there's anyone out there who can help me with this. :D

atlanteay
09-30-2006, 05:58 PM
use GIMP. It's free and similar to photoshop. Adobe Illustrator is for making vector graphics.

TifaxCloud
10-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks a lot 4 the info. What is GIMP anyway? I've never heard it before. Where can I get it?

atlanteay
10-01-2006, 04:21 PM
gimp is a graphics editor. very similar to photoshop. has many of the photoshop features www.gimp.org

TifaxCloud
10-02-2006, 10:10 AM
oh okay! Thx a lot!

I've visited the gimp site. There are to many choices. would you recommend a better one. by the way, are you sure it's totally free? 'cause I don't wanna get in trouble with the price sooner or later..

Please don't double post. Use the 'edit' button instead. Thanks. - Miriel

Miriel
10-03-2006, 08:19 AM
These kinds of help questions belong in the help forum. Also, your signature is waaay too large. *removes*

Shadowdeathrose
10-03-2006, 08:33 PM
oh okay! Thx a lot!

I've visited the gimp site. There are to many choices. would you recommend a better one. by the way, are you sure it's totally free? 'cause I don't wanna get in trouble with the price sooner or later..

GIMP is a Very Very good peice of GFX Software but it's hard to use if you don't know how to... perform alot of the options such as Grunge and Borders and Colourise etc... i recomend you use a tutorial for you first try and the change anything you'd like to in later signatures,
Here is a Good tutorial that i have noticed on my scrolls through websites.

http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Full-Signature-Tutorial-5880-1.html

TifaxCloud
10-05-2006, 09:27 AM
thanks!

Roto13
10-05-2006, 12:47 PM
If you really wanted to, you could make a signature with MSPaint. It wouldn't come out very well, but it's possible.