PDA

View Full Version : Clyde

The Black Fan
09-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Needing help in Shadow's Dreams.
I was just able to see 4 of the 5 dreams.

theundeadhero
09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Right after Terra freaks out and you have to choose a party to go after her, take just two members. I usually take Sabin and Edgar to see the scene between them in Figaro castle while I'm right there anyway. Once the castle goes under and emerges, go North and you can hire Shadow in the town there. Sleep at that inn six or eight times and you'll see all the dreams right then and there.

Roto13
09-30-2006, 06:25 PM
There are only four dreams.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-01-2006, 02:17 AM
No, five is right (http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff6shadowdream.htm).

Roto13
10-01-2006, 03:15 AM
I've played the game at least a dozen times and I've never seen dream number two.

Siegfried
10-01-2006, 03:45 AM
These dreams are sweet and i have only seen 4 of them...Shadow is so cool but there is no real point in trying to watch them all. Their awesomenss factor:9, Usefullness factor:1.5

BustaMo
10-01-2006, 04:56 AM
No Usefulness? Sorry, but I have a passion for Shadow, and sometimes to better understand a game, it would help to know the characters' backstory's and history. Otherwise, we'd all be left wondering at the end of the game why the heck Shadow has Interceptor following him around as loyal as ever, why Shadow and Relm can only equip the specific relic from Relm's mother, and why there is a connection between Shadow and Relm.

Also the reason why Shadow does not want to get into a emotional cling with anyone and likes to be secluded. Why is he a mercenary and can kill so easily now? The flashbacks, no matter how short, reveal these facts and mysteries about Clyde/Shadow's life.

Thanks for that link to the vids Kawaii! I've been working on seeing that 5th and last video for quite some time! Awesome stuff!

Siegfried
10-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Yet isnt knowing what makes Shadow the cool mysterious person he is make him...Shadow?
I dont know, im sometimes not serious enough or too serious to even be considered ><

BustaMo
10-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Ah, give yourself more credit than that! We all have our own opinions, so don't be to hard on yourself. It's alright.

As for the Shadow name, it was Baram who coined the name for them. I may be wrong, but wasn't it meant to be sort of their "team name" at first? I'm guessing that was the idea, but then when Clyde realized and knew that Baram was dead, he adopted the alias as his own in memory of Baram, as well as to describe the state of personality he exhibits from that point on in his personal life as well as his mercenary work life.

Bolivar
10-06-2006, 05:34 PM
WOW, I didn't know there were 5 dreams. I've only seen the one where Clyde leaves Relm in the town. I'm always finding new things in this game. Definatley gonna go check those out, thanks.

BustaMo
10-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Hmmm, if I'm recalling correctly, they are shown in chronological order when you sleep at the inns after gaining Shadow again. So therefore in order to see that dream with Relm in it, the others would have had to have been played at some point prior to you seeing that specific one...

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

theundeadhero
10-07-2006, 01:40 PM
:rolleyes2

Follow my first post and you'll see everything you need to see. It's even a cheap inn.

bipper
10-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Baram is shadow. That is the implimentation of the name. He was a shadow that followed clyde after his death. Thus 4 and 5 being in black and white.

That was my theory at least.

BustaMo
10-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Baram is shadow. That is the implimentation of the name. He was a shadow that followed clyde after his death. Thus 4 and 5 being in black and white.
Huh? Clyde changes his name to Shadow. Baram, if you played FFVI and watched the dream sequences, is no longer around...

Baram came up with the name for tehm to use as a team while he and Clyde were still making train robberies. After the events took place in the dreams and Clyde left Relm and his wife, he changed his name to Shadow to try and change from being the emotional person he was. The name "Shadow" was not only a name change for Clyde, also a character change. Hench, him becoming a mercenary who showed no emotions when it came to assassinating people from then on.

Unless of course you mean that the term "Shadow" could also resemble the cloud that hangs over Clyde's head for not following through with Baram's last request of him...

bipper
10-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Huh? Clyde changes his name to Shadow. Baram, if you played FFVI and watched the dream sequences, is no longer around...

Baram came up with the name for tehm to use as a team while he and Clyde were still making train robberies. After the events took place in the dreams and Clyde left Relm and his wife, he changed his name to Shadow to try and change from being the emotional person he was. The name "Shadow" was not only a name change for Clyde, also a character change. Hench, him becoming a mercenary who showed no emotions when it came to assassinating people from then on.

Unless of course you mean that the term "Shadow" could also resemble the cloud that hangs over Clyde's head for not following through with Baram's last request of him...

heh Read my post again. This is origionally how I interpeted the dream And yes, I have played the eintire game at least a dozen times, and actually have the dream swquences saved as gifs on CD some where.

But my reasoning still does stand to a point. If Baram did not die and feels betrayed, prehapse he was stalking Clyde as a shadow, or if he did die, as a "shadow". The fourth and fifth dream differences led me to beleive this. :)

Kawaii will soon school me. :(

theundeadhero
10-07-2006, 07:46 PM
There's no proof Baram dies, as far as I remember. For all we know the cops arrest him, he spends his sentence in jail, full of vicous torture and kinky rape, and then is set free. It's arguable whether or not the punishment for train robbery is death in the game. All we know for sure is that Clyde left cause he was too emotional to stab his eyeballs out. Next thing we know he's sick in Thamasa.

I'm going to stretch things a bit and say that Baram is Gogo. TAKE THAT!

Roto13
10-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Fool. Everyone knows that Gogo is Daryl.

theundeadhero
10-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Adlai Stevenson. Read the stickied FFVI faq, newbie.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Baram being Shadow is definitely on the same level of fevered convolution as Daryl being Gogo.

theundeadhero
10-08-2006, 12:19 AM
My bait has lured the prey!

(Really I just posted that as an experiment to see if kishi would post in reply to it)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-08-2006, 02:24 AM
But I was replying to bipper, not you.

eestlinc
10-08-2006, 02:34 AM
those Adlai Stevenson quotes are fabricated, anyway. Everyone knows Gogo is actually Estes Kefauver.

bipper
10-08-2006, 06:17 AM
Baram being Shadow is definitely on the same level of fevered convolution as Daryl being Gogo.

HA! So then you agree! *eats lettuce*

BustaMo
10-08-2006, 06:56 AM
There's no proof Baram dies, as far as I remember. For all we know the cops arrest him, he spends his sentence in jail, full of vicous torture and kinky rape, and then is set free. It's arguable whether or not the punishment for train robbery is death in the game. All we know for sure is that Clyde left cause he was too emotional to stab his eyeballs out. Next thing we know he's sick in Thamasa.

Ahh, but wasn't Baram close to death from the amount of blood he lost? He was on the verge of death begging Clyde to end it quick so he wouldn't have to suffer, and face getting captured, but there's no way that even if he was tortured by the capturers, that he lived much longer. They wouldn't try and save him I'm guessing.

However,ya never know, Baram could have stumbled upon the Phoenix magicite prior to Locke, and quite possible made a full recovery...

Baram is Mog.:mog:

;)

bipper
10-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Baram is Mog.:mog:

;)

This is unsupported! Baram does not dance evar in the game!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Sounds like someone didn't see the secret sixth dream: Baram Takes the Town.

BustaMo
10-08-2006, 06:29 PM

Ah...then why wasn't it included as an add-on in the site you linked us to showing us the 5 main ones? Eh? :)

LoKuS
10-08-2006, 06:43 PM
LIES!! all lies...

bipper
10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
LIES!! all lies...

Kawaii speaks nothing but truth! (and lies...)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Ah...then why wasn't it included as an add-on in the site you linked us to showing us the 5 main ones? Eh? :)Because it's a serious secret. During the game's development, Sakaguchi's nephew told an old beggar man about it, and just as soon as the Gooch found out, he threw the beggar man off a bridge and made his nephew cut off his own left ear as penance.

theundeadhero
10-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I can't say that I've ever seen Kishi's left ear before.

Roto13
10-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I can't say that I've ever seen Kishi's left ear before.

I've seen all three of Kishi's ears.