PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Square should make a sequal?

Darkblade
09-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Do you think that Square should make a FFVII sequal? :greenie:

I think they shouldn't because if they do, they're gonna make it all gay and it will totaly screw up what some people feel about FFVII. They're just gonna take a good game and screw it up, it probably won't have much to do with FFVII when it comes down to it unless it is just a remake...

atlanteay
09-30-2006, 10:50 PM
umm..what do you think dirge of cerberus was?

LunarWeaver
09-30-2006, 10:54 PM
:O_O:...

Well... I would indeed like a more direct full-on RPG sequel to FFVII, that is besides the two sequels and prequels it already has, and I would enjoy it quite a bit. But I don't treat FFVII like a holy grail that cannot be tampered with.

Dr. Acula
10-01-2006, 08:10 AM
They already have enough sequels (and prequels...), so yeah, I don't think they should make any more.

vorpal blade
10-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Seriously, this poll is a bit late. Perhaps it should read "Do you think that Square should have made a sequel?"

In which case, I am very happy with AC, haven't tried DOC, and overall there are a bit too many floating around. I sort of miss when there were no FF sequels; now they're everywhere.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-01-2006, 03:02 PM
i don't think they should make MORE sequels. ff's should be just that, FINAL

~SapphireStar~
10-01-2006, 06:53 PM
No, we need new games. No remakes or sequels. New characters, new stories.

Polaris
10-01-2006, 07:16 PM
No, we need new games. No remakes or sequels. New characters, new stories.

True! Enough of sequels! We need fresh blood... ^^

Goldenboko
10-01-2006, 07:36 PM
.... what so Dirge of Cereburus and Advent Children were nothing?

The Mad Dragons
10-01-2006, 07:56 PM
AC was awesome. I very much enjoyed that SEQUEL. Has anyone played the 2nd SEQUEL, Dirge of Cereburus ? If so how was that SEQUEL.

(are you catching the hint here ppl?)

Shadow Masamune
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
I think they made the wrong squel with FF X-2. That should have been the movie squel and AC should have been the game squel.

The Mad Dragons
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Why do you think they made the wrong sequel with FFX2? the point of FFX2 was to find Tidus.

Vincent, Thunder God
10-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Personally I would definitely enjoy a PS3 remake, though it has been confirmed that if it will happen it will be years and years from now.

As for more sequels, defintely not. I didn't like Advent Children and Dirge of Cerebus was apparently bad as well. The designers have lost the magic of the original game. They're just milking it as a cash cow at this point.

~SapphireStar~
10-01-2006, 11:16 PM
I never said they werent nothing. Square needs to stop creating new games with old characters. IMO its getting boring. Yeah FFX2 and KH2 are nice sequels and I enjoy them, but come on. Its just an neverending circle.

Psychotic
10-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Making it "all gay" sounds good. Mukki :love:

No. I wouldn't mind a remake, but I'd prefer an entirely new FF.

Goldenboko
10-02-2006, 01:01 AM
I never said they werent nothing. Square needs to stop creating new games with old characters. IMO its getting boring. Yeah FFX2 and KH2 are nice sequels and I enjoy them, but come on. Its just an neverending circle.

Actually I ment that this thread is a bit strange asks if a sequal should be made when it already has 2.
That wasn't directed toward you.

Spawn of Sephiroth
10-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Now I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of the original, but as far as different story lines and such, I think it needs to stop. Square has done a fabulous job with Final Fantasy VII series, but the storyline needs to stop. I think all that is left for square to do is publish On the Way to a Smile into a book and remake the original then stop.

Shiny
10-02-2006, 03:14 AM
No to a sequel, because of the reasons already stated in this thread. There's Advent Children, Before Crisis, and Dirge of Cerberus. I think a remake in the future would be nice though.

Mirage
10-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Personally I would definitely enjoy a PS3 sequel, though it has been confirmed that if it will happen it will be years and years from now.

Remake, not sequel. Big difference.
And there's this Crisis Core that's going to be released for PSP. I think that is a seqel.

~SapphireStar~
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Actually I ment that this thread is a bit strange asks if a sequal should be made when it already has 2.
That wasn't directed toward you.
I do apologise, thanks for clearing that up :)

The Mad Dragons
10-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Was Before Crisis a movie or game?

~SapphireStar~
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Before Crisis is a game. Last Order and Advent Children were movies.

Bolivar
10-02-2006, 10:42 PM
I read that Square said they would keep the FFVII franchise alive until the 20th anniversary, upon which I'm sure they will make a full blown remake and that'll be that.

I don't think they should make sequels to FF. It would be cool if they had a separate series that takes place in a world that remembers the different heroes and adventures but at the same time new things happen

Vincent, Thunder God
10-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Personally I would definitely enjoy a PS3 sequel, though it has been confirmed that if it will happen it will be years and years from now.

Remake, not sequel. Big difference.
And there's this Crisis Core that's going to be released for PSP. I think that is a seqel.

That's what I meant, remake... it's fixed now.

RiseToFall
10-03-2006, 01:05 AM
No, I don't want any remakes, I don't want any sequels ( game or movie). I just want this game to be left alone.