PDA

View Full Version : Outside foods for the an cinema

Kns82
10-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Regarding outside food, i think it is just ridiculous they staff try to stop us from bringing any. We already pay the ticket price to watch movie, and yet they want to exploit us by forcing us to buy their ridiculously priced food and beverages sold by cinema. You guys should do like what i did, that day they deny me of entering the cinema, i ask for a refund. Though they offer to keep my food, i refuse to let them do so. So they dont allow me to enter and the movie going to start. I throw my food right into the supervisor's face. and you know what the heck he said? he siad you are very rude. So my boyfriend want to slap him, and he even challange my botfriend to slap him. by that time, their manager come by and apologise and let me in. U know wut i mean? u must be loud and demand for you right!!!

Anaisa
10-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Bring the food in a bag, an you won't have to say anything to them.

Rye
10-01-2006, 12:44 AM

Exactly. I can't stand buying cinema food, so I go to the local CVS and load a backpack with candy and iced tea and it's all good. :)

Levian
10-01-2006, 12:50 AM
We can bring anything we want to the cinema, except shotguns and we have to turn the cell phone off.

Meat Puppet
10-01-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm with Levian on this one. But if the staff did stop me, I'd let them take my food. It just doesn't seem like it would be worth all that trouble.

EDIT:

botfriend

Hiding clues to its true identity in its first post. Clever! But pretty stupid.

Roto13
10-01-2006, 12:59 AM
That's really where they make their money.

K-chan
10-01-2006, 03:46 AM
THAT, my friends, is why I'm glad to be female and therefor able to carry in a purse full of soda and candy that I got at the bloody dollar store. The only problem is, I have a friend who works at our cinema now and he knows I do this, so I actually have to buy their over-priced junk now. Bugger. >>

Araciel
10-01-2006, 03:50 AM
i never make it obvious that i'm bringin in junk...but they wouldn't stop me anyway. they're all 16 and don't care about their jobs enough to bother

Jojee
10-01-2006, 04:07 AM
THAT, my friends, is why I'm glad to be female and therefor able to carry in a purse full of soda and candy that I got at the bloody dollar store. The only problem is, I have a friend who works at our cinema now and he knows I do this, so I actually have to buy their over-priced junk now. Bugger. >> What kinda friend is he? D= My friends would be like, food? Okay, go in! ^.^

Christmas
10-01-2006, 04:09 AM
I usually bring my fridge with me to the cinema along with some cooking utensils. :bigsmile:

Leen-Leen
10-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Well, our cinema here has pretty good food, but yeah, overpriced.

I remember the time my cousin and I snuck in Taco Bell Quesdillas. xD

Miriel
10-01-2006, 04:11 AM
They had a rule about no outside food/drinks at my local theater for awhile but they reversed the rule. I think too many people complained. I used to bring freshly baked Pat & Oscars breadsticks into the theater with me but they closed down. :(

DarkLadyNyara
10-01-2006, 04:12 AM

Amen. On the extreamly rare occasions that I go to a theater, I bring a backpack. The only thing I'll ever buy is the sodas because I prefer the fountain drinks and you can't sneak those in. :D They search me at their peril.

rubah
10-01-2006, 04:19 AM
The only time I have ever snuck food into a theater was when I got in for free because my boyfriend has connections that hate THE MAN(not mr. freed)

But I think it's dumb that they wouldn't let you bring some in. I mean, you pay for convenience, not privilege! Maybe enact a rule that suggests if you bring it in you should take it out also.

Resha
10-01-2006, 04:40 AM
Big bag --> sneak it in. Although some cinemas here are under No-Outside-Food Nazi regimes, and they have people who skulk about in the aisles watching for people eating outside food and then they kick you out.

Sweet of them.

Araciel
10-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Big bag --> sneak it in. Although some cinemas here are under No-Outside-Food Nazi regimes, and they have people who skulk about in the aisles watching for people eating outside food and then they kick you out.

Sweet of them.

heh yeah those flashlights are threatening :mog:

Shlup
10-01-2006, 04:55 AM
I've never had a problem bringing in outside food to a movie.

Rase
10-01-2006, 05:02 AM
My friend has a sweat shirt with pockets that you can fit a 2-Liter bottle of soda in, so this isn't an issue. Even without him there, as long as they can't see it, I've never had any problems.

One time one of my friends brought two slices of pizza in and eat them during the movie. I've been tempted to try bringing Chinese in, but I never seem to have the chance.

Roto13
10-01-2006, 05:27 AM
The snacks at my local theater are cheap enough not to force me to smuggle anything. A bag of popcorn is $1.75 and a can of pop is $1.00 (which is a bit high, I guess).

I Took the Red Pill
10-01-2006, 05:45 AM
I always bring stuff into the theatre. I'm not paying $3.25 for Sour Patch Kids. Plus they don't sell subs at the movies, but Subway is right next to the movie theatre for me. :)

Paro
10-01-2006, 05:47 AM
i still sneak tons of food in.

Reles
10-01-2006, 05:48 AM
You're on business property, they have a right to make rules regarding what they want you to do, they have a right to kick you out of the theatre if you're bothering other people by speaking. They have a right to refuse you from bringing in your own food. If they let just anyone bring in food, cinemas would crash, the business would no longer exist. They make their money buy selling ridiculously priced food and beverages, why? Because movie tickets aren't enough, they have to give most of that money away to the big guys in Hollywood.

Araciel
10-01-2006, 05:51 AM
i think if they fully enforced this rule, they wouldn't sell as many tickets

Xaven
10-01-2006, 08:38 AM
I've never really had trouble with bringing food into the theaters either.

They had a rule about no outside food/drinks at my local theater for awhile but they reversed the rule. I think too many people complained. I used to bring freshly baked Pat & Oscars breadsticks into the theater with me but they closed down. :(
Seriously.

starseeker
10-01-2006, 09:35 AM
I sneak food in in a plastic bag. As long as I don't look guilty I can get away with it. I don't think I've ever been stopped, but then again i got to the cinema about twice a year with my family.

Alive-Cat
10-01-2006, 09:43 AM
I always bring food in. My pockets are packed full of tasty goodness.

Strider
10-01-2006, 09:46 AM
My uncle and I snuck 20 McDonald's cheeseburgers into Lost in Space between the two of us. Needless to say, I am an expert in smuggling food from the outside world.

Breine
10-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I've never had a problem bringing in outside food to a movie.

Me neither.

look_out_below
10-02-2006, 05:32 AM
I've been to theaters that dont let you take bags in, its not really to stop people from sneaking in food but to stop people from sneaking in video cameras and ripping the movie. But since i live in Canada, and a winter coat is sort of mandatory 8 months of the year, I can usually smuggle in enough food to feed a small army by making use of my winter jacket's various pockets and putting stuff between the removable liner and the shell.

~SapphireStar~
10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Ive always taken outside food in. Mainly in a small backpack and Im never searched. Maybe its because I start to snarl and my eyes go red, who can say?

Jowy
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
I still remember the password for the door to concessions from when I worked in the theatre, so I can gank some popcorn when need be. I'm a filthy little shoplifter. ^_^

NorthernChaosGod
10-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Cargo shorts are always a plus when you want to do this sort of thing. :cool:

Shaun
10-03-2006, 02:12 PM
You're on business property, they have a right to make rules regarding what they want you to do, they have a right to kick you out of the theatre if you're bothering other people by speaking. They have a right to refuse you from bringing in your own food. If they let just anyone bring in food, cinemas would crash, the business would no longer exist. They make their money buy selling ridiculously priced food and beverages, why? Because movie tickets aren't enough, they have to give most of that money away to the big guys in Hollywood.

Pffft, that doesn't justify spending two pounds for a bottle of bleedin' coke. Then £2.50 for a £1 bag of skittles! FTW? Nobody cares about their rules. I just take all my food/drink in a bag/spare pocket.