PDA

View Full Version : ePSXe/Chrono Cross help

Carl the Llama
10-01-2006, 04:29 AM
well my cousin just got be Chrono Cross for my birthday and iv gone to put it on ePSXe and it loads alright, I can see the intro and everything but when get to the vibration on/off screen it loads up a black screen, is there anything that i can do to make it work (as this has happened with quite a few games iv tried to play

crono_logical
10-01-2006, 04:51 AM
Try changing video plugin or something, I guess :p Pete's Soft GPU (basically software renderer) seems to be the best fallback for everything I've tried and good for seeing if stuff actually works or not, though being software, doesn't look as good as the DirectX or OpenGL plugins. What plugin are you using, and what's it's settings? :p Also, don't use the latest version ePSXe (1.6.0), it doesn't like Chrono Cross - you want 1.5.2 for this game.

Carl the Llama
10-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Iv got it working =D and i cant remember what version of the ePSXe im useing and im useing Pete's Open GL (i think) lol

o_O
10-01-2006, 10:39 PM
For the record, unless it has been changed recently, Chrono Cross won't work with ePSXe 1.6. You need to use 1.5.2. :p