PDA

View Full Version : How do you study?

Paro
10-01-2006, 04:04 PM
I just sit and read until I start falling asleep. Then I force myself to wake up and continue reading. And I hopefully retain enough of the information to be able to understand and reproduce it later.

Christmas
10-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Burn the books to ashes and mix it with water. Drink it all up at you are fine to go. :bigsmile:

Moon Rabbits
10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Sleep on textbooks (or SparkNotes).

Quindiana Jones
10-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Study??? Can't even spell it....

~SapphireStar~
10-01-2006, 06:15 PM
I sit and just read till I feel sleepy. But Ive read that a galss of red wine a day for students is great for your memory! So Im going to put that into practise :D

Odaisé Gaelach
10-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Badly. :D

Actually, I'm not too bad, as long as I can apply what I'm studying. Like maths, I can apply what I'm learning to solving problems in the textbook. But I have to memorise, say, a paragraph of text, then I'm not so good...

Shiny
10-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I like to pace back and forth when I study. It must be annoying to my family members on the first floor.

Polaris
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I just sit and read until I start falling asleep

You can never ever do that! you mus read and underline the most important words then start making schemes with it... :D

Rocket Edge
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Maybe with a bit of music in the backround, and no-one around to disturb me, i get distracted easily, same applies for artwork.

Zeldy
10-01-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't ^__^

If I do, I look at a page, and Im a visual person, so I remember images etc, and theres always something playing in the backround. Usually its music, or the TV. I don't care if its a show I dislike, but just SOMETHING.

Its very rare for me to revise, I usually revise a few nights before a test, atleast thats what I did for my SATs. My results didn't turn out that badly.

Breine
10-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I can only study/read when there's complete silence. I can't concentrate when there's music in the background or something similar.

When I'm writing essays and such there has to be music in the background, though. ...I guess I'm just weird like that? o_O

Xaven
10-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Psh, who studies? I ace all of my tests without as much as a second glance at the material we covered. Perhaps that's just because I pay attention in class.

Quindiana Jones
10-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I sit and just read till I feel sleepy. But Ive read that a galss of red wine a day for students is great for your memory! So Im going to put that into practise :D

A glass? Only one? Alright, so only one. Only one! ONLY O...too late she's passed out.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-01-2006, 08:16 PM
I can only study/read when there's complete silence. I can't concentrate when there's music in the background or something similar.

When I'm writing essays and such there has to be music in the background, though. ...I guess I'm just weird like that? o_O

Complete opposite. Silence drives me crazy though when I get fustrated, I need it.

I have terrible study habits though. I do not study enough and I slack off too much. Sadly, I realize this but do nothing about it. Go figure...

McLovin'
10-01-2006, 08:22 PM
I like to pace back and forth when I study. It must be annoying to my family members on the first floor.

I do too! O_o

ama124
10-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Me....Study..No way :p

I barely ever study. I find that if i do study i'll just forget it all. So when i have i test i just strap up and brace myself :) . But when i do study its got to be really quiet because i have a real small attention span.

LunarWeaver
10-01-2006, 09:03 PM
I procrastinate until the last second and go into a huge frenzy of learning as much as possible as quickly as possible.

My method is not recommended :jess:

Skarr
10-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Music has to be playing and it has to be light out...or else I'll fall asleep faster than psy gets noticed posting spam.

Shoeberto
10-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Reading the chapter and doing problems. Or just memorizing stuff. I've got to be isolated and in quiet, though, or else I can't concentrate.

Jess
10-01-2006, 09:08 PM
I make notes and then read through it, and then make more notes and then answer questions. :jess:

Madame Adequate
10-01-2006, 09:09 PM
I find someone who already knows what I want to learn, kill them, and then eat their brains to gain their knowledge and power. :bigsmile:

Miriel
10-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate, cram cram cram cram cram!!

That's how I do it. I leave it all to the night before and then I pull an all nighter and I study study study. I study while driving to school, I study while walking to the class room, I study non-stop right up until they teacher hands out the test. Luckily I can retain 90% of the info I crammed on for the whole night/morning and spill it all out during the test. But once the test is over I won't remember most of what I was just tested on.

The method works for me.

Yamaneko
10-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Why study when you've mastered the art of BSing?

Shlup
10-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Post #22 + Post #23 = Success

kikimm
10-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate, cram cram cram cram cram!!

That's how I do it. I leave it all to the night before and then I pull an all nighter and I study study study. I study while driving to school, I study while walking to the class room, I study non-stop right up until they teacher hands out the test. Luckily I can retain 90% of the info I crammed on for the whole night/morning and spill it all out during the test. But once the test is over I won't remember most of what I was just tested on.

The method works for me.

Yeah. YEAH! That's how most of the people at my school seem to do it too. Except I never cram all night. No way could I do that. Sleep is much more important!

Besides I don't know how to study effectively. I just don't get it. A lot of teachers will jus tell me like spend a couple hours with the material but that's way too long there should be a better more efficient way. Blah.

Ryth
10-02-2006, 01:51 AM
I don't study, I never find a need to. I always do well on tests. I've tried, seeing if it'd make my test scores even better, but they've never had an effect.

Spammerman
10-02-2006, 04:29 AM
I pay attention in class and absorb what I read, hear, etc etc. Then i never have to study. I haven't failed a science test yet.

Marluxiaswife
10-02-2006, 04:41 AM
i do pay attention in class but i forget sometimes what the teacher says or i remeber later. but when i study i sometimes want music in the background or just listening to my fan in my room :)

Markus. D
10-02-2006, 04:46 AM
I revise alot. 5 times at the least, then it sticks in your head :)

Resha
10-02-2006, 06:09 AM
I do all-nighters if need be. ANYTHING to get the work in. It's not the best attitude though. Uhm, I make notes. I make posters. During my exam month my room was covered in posters and diagrams (spider ones).

I stuck the coolest History poster over my TV screen, and it was symbolic of how I shouldn't watch TV. :roll:

Araciel
10-02-2006, 06:15 AM
in highschool i never studied...usually got by cause i paid attention in class and used flowery language and prose that my teachers could barely understand without a dictionary, so they thought i knew what i was talking about....university i would just read and make notes....then read the notes once

Yuffie514
10-02-2006, 08:00 AM
i study or do other school work at the kitchen table. i only use my own desk when i'm on the computer...