PDA

View Full Version : Floating Island

hydrojolt
10-02-2006, 12:26 AM
Why am I getting lost on the floating island??
I know where I am supposed to go, but after the switches, I cant find the right path!Any help??
-My party consists of Terra Locke Stragos and Shadow-:confused: :confused: :confused:

BustaMo
10-02-2006, 12:36 AM
So apparently you have Shadow back in your party...start here:

After obtaining Shadow and saving your game head right and towards the bottom, the path should open up automatically, then check the blue orb just ahead to pick up the MURASAME blade for Cyan, then continue on towards the right and the path will open up for you(don't head for the stairs just yet) and it will lead to another blue orb and a monster will attack you, but its a VERY tough monster.

Use all your best attacks and throw anything you may have at him, his Throat Jab attack does over 500 HP of damage so you must watch out for that. After the battle you will recieve a HARDENED knife. Heal your wounds also and then continue onto the top, it will take you to the bottom path of the floating Continent. Then head down and hit the switch and it will open up the right side for you, then continue on and go to the next transporter. Here you will see two other transporters so take the one on the left, it will take you to a switch at the bottom.

Hit that switch and the path below will pave way for you, then continue on to the top left and hit that switch as well and make your way down and around. Keep going right and you will see a switch, don't hit it just yet until you have picked up the blue orb and it will give you a BERET. Then head for the bottom transporter and it will lead to a save point, so save your game and heal your wounds. Then continue on back and hit the switch at the top left and it will open up a transporter.

Go to it and you will end up on the heart of the Floating Continent, and
you will also have the chance to head back to your airship, if you chooseto go back to your airship you will head back to your airship but you will have to go through the entire Floating Continent all over again. Choose no, unless you really have to go back for some needed supplies, and head towards the center and talk to the monster guarding your way and a tough fight will ensue.

Atma Weapon can be a pain in the arse if you are not ready stats-wise. After you defeat him you walk ahead and the scene will shift to Kefka and the Statues.

Xurts
10-02-2006, 01:10 AM
AtmaWeapon is actually a complete joke. Just use Rasp/Osmose to depleat its 5,000 MP and it dies.

hydrojolt
10-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Thanx a million, again Im just blind, all you do is walk around once the stone is lowered...supposedly its harder to manouver on the world of ruin...maybe Ill be able to see it clearly:)
Thank you again

BustaMo
10-03-2006, 10:49 PM
AtmaWeapon is actually a complete joke. Just use Rasp/Osmose to depleat its 5,000 MP and it dies.

Yeah, but your Osmose and Rasp better being a considerable amout of taking away. Usually it only takes away about 150MP tops, and that would take forever out of 5,000MP.

Roto13
10-03-2006, 10:57 PM

Yeah, but your Osmose and Rasp better being a considerable amout of taking away. Usually it only takes away about 150MP tops, and that would take forever out of 5,000MP.

Also take into account the fact that he'll be using it up himself.

BustaMo
10-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Ah, that's one I forgot to take into consideration. Thanks. You can steal an Atma Weapon from him too if I remember correctly...right?

Flying Mullet
10-03-2006, 11:07 PM
No, you can steal an Elixir or a Ribbon. Besides finding the one in the Cave to the Sealed Gate, you can steal an Atma Weapon from Sleep in the final battle with Kefka.

eestlinc
10-06-2006, 05:24 AM
you can also defeat Atma Weapon by attacking him. not too tough.