PDA

View Full Version : ||--Final Fantasy Versus Trailer--||

damaged_core
10-03-2006, 08:26 AM
LOS ANGELES--Following on the heels of Square Enix's Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, the company has released its new Final Fantasy vision for next-generation consoles: Fabula Nova Crystallis - Final Fantasy XIII. Of the three announced titles under the "New Tale of the Crystal" concept, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is the second being developed for the PlayStation 3. While we only got to see a short trailer at the Square Enix press conference, that was still enough to thoroughly whet our appetite for more Final Fantasy goodness.

The trailer started off by panning a dark cityscape, before cutting to a view of what appeared to be the interior of some sort of palace. The room shown seemed small, accented with stark detail; shadows were thick on the domed ceiling and in the far corners, and columns were ringed about a circular dais in the center. In the middle of the dais was a black throne, occupied by a young man (black hair, dressed all in black... we're sensing a theme, here), who's got his legs crossed and is resting his chin on one fist, looking enormously bored. Suddenly, he raised his face and glanced up at some unknown sound, then stood and walked out of the chamber. He emerged onto a staircase that was riddled with the corpses of what seemed to be uniformed guards. The camera then shifted to behind the mysterious man, showing the square in front of the building, and it was filled entirely with black-clad troops--who interestingly enough seemed to be dressed the same as the corpses. Perhaps some kind of power struggle is being hinted at.

There was a quiet moment as the man stared at the assembled forces. The soldiers appeared hesitant and even timid, glancing at each other and weaving their weapons around uncertainly. Finally, one of the army took the initiative, and began to fire in a crazy arc toward the young man. The surrounding stairs and masonry became pockmarked with bullet holes, but an invisible shield around the target harmlessly reflected the hail of gunfire as the force of soldiers started their assault.

Then the young man made a gesture and was surrounded by a halo of gleaming swords that materialized from the air around him. He grasped one of these weapons and then took up a battle stance, his crimson eyes focusing on his enemies.

Then the trailer ended. Tease!

We don't have much information on the game at this point, but what we do know is that the trailer was created by the team that worked on Final Fantasy Advent Children. They'll be joining the Kingdom Hearts team, who will be primarily responsible for gameplay, under the direction of Tetsuya Nomura. Mr. Nomura is also the concept designer and character designer for all of the titles in the Fabula Nova Crystallis project. The games will all have separate characters and storylines, but will be united under a single mythos. The storyline for Versus has "bonding" as its central theme.

We can't wait for more information on these games, and we'll be bringing you more news the instant we get it. Until then, keep your eyes on this gamespace for the most up-to-date information on Final Fantasy Versus XIII.[!]QuoteEnd[/!]

This infomation was from (a site that I can not name), still this infoamtion seems to be a more detailed release than anyone else has....I don't know if you have read this or not....but It make one hell of a read...

RiseToFall
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
No offense but that's old news.

pantsofpower
11-16-2006, 05:54 AM
Is this trailer available for viewing anywhere? I have been unable to find it.

Crossblades
11-16-2006, 01:52 PM
No offense but that's old news.

pantsofpower
11-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Yeah, yeah, I know, I've read that little blurb about the trailer posted all over the place, but I haven't been able to find somewheres where I can watch the actual trailer itself.