PDA

View Full Version : No wonder web designers are angry!

Avarice-ness
10-03-2006, 08:26 AM
It's because of all that typing and thinking and photoshopping!
I made a Deviant Art journal Layout via CSS, and now I'm all grumpy and mean 'cause I worked on it for about 7 hours because of photoshop lagging. =O

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/operaCSS.png

Although it looks pretty. It made me pretty annoyed and grumpy.

Do you think that's why people who make layouts sit in their rooms brooding making layouts because they're to angry to go outside or is it just because they like their computer more than people?

Polaris
10-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Not really i always ask my cousin to make me the layouts :p

Rainecloud
10-03-2006, 08:35 AM
It's probably because they have nothing better to do with themselves. That's what happened to me just before I took up web design. I was in the middle of an incredibly boring and ultimately pointless two year Psychology course at College, and I had far too much time on my hands.

I wasn't angry - I was just bored.

Avarice-ness
10-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Not really i always ask my cousin to make me the layouts :p

Oh well maybe it could be because he does them alot. xD This was my first full-fledged one, and I had to animate maria in photoshop. I guess I was just stressing because people kept messaging me. It's either pay attention to the layout or talk..

Miriel
10-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Whenever I finish a new livejournal layout, I am super happy and satisfied with my efforts. :)

ValkyrieWing
10-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Looks great. I don't have photoshop, so I am incapable of such awesomeness.

Avarice-ness
10-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Whenever I finish a new livejournal layout, I am super happy and satisfied with my efforts. :)

Yeah I am happy with it came out because now I get to be mad about my online bank not paying my bill. :cry: *GOING TO RAISE HELL AT BANK TOMORROW*

But yes, I am super happy about how it looks, I guess I was stemming my angry off the making process. n n;l

Madonna
10-03-2006, 08:50 AM
If I had to animate anything with Photoshop, I too would be upset.

Xander
10-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Web designing is my job although...design/coding. The design part does make me angry a lot because I get design block bad and I really suck sometimes. I hardly ever come up with something I like. XD Flash makes me more grumpy than Photoshop cos it's more awkward and there's no room for anything. But coding makes me happy :D I don't have much time to design stuff for fun these days though, designing for myself is easy and doesn't really make me angry... ^^

Levian
10-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Just because something is viewed by a lot of people as boring doesn't mean the people interested in it "doesn't have a life". Everyone has different interests, where some of the interests are more popular than others. Still, the lesser popular interest is still a fullworthy interest, unless that interest is manslaughter.

Captain Maxx Power
10-03-2006, 10:48 AM
The moral of the story, be a man and use MSPaint.

theundeadhero
10-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm not angry, but I generally don't use photoshop.

~SapphireStar~
10-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Cant say Ive ever tried to make one, but nice job :D
I may come to you and pester you to make me one :D

Psychotic
10-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Creating actual layouts takes up only 25% of the average web designer's time. The other 75% is hunting the internet for foul criminals who dare steal their hard work. Death is too good for that sort of person! :irked: :mad2: :mad: :frust: