PDA

View Full Version : ||--Fave Web Browser--||

damaged_core
10-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Whats your fave web brower? Mine's IE7 because the unqiue tab design is really helpful, if you have lots of pages running at the same time, though the same design is the FireFox and the firefox is a light running programme, so it hardley affects your RAM, or making it run out of spare memory while your running alot of powerful programmes...there about my fave desktop web browsers....now for my mobile I dont use the in-built one, I use opera mini, this is really the best it resizes everything and sends them though its own server so the images and total infomation dont cost you alot!

So thers my pick...what are yours?

Meat Puppet
10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I hate to be a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, but Firefox really is a pretty cool browser.

Miriel
10-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I love firefox.

Rainecloud
10-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Firefox, of course. IE is a complete waste of space.

eestlinc
10-03-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm using Camino, and it has a few annoying traits, but it's nicer than Firefox (at least for Mac) and way better than IE or Safari or Netscape.

Yuffie514
10-03-2006, 09:08 AM
i used to use Internet Explorer. then i switched to Mozilla Firefox...

Dell
10-03-2006, 09:11 AM
IE

Levian
10-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I used to like IE so I could be different and cool, but this PC came with Firefox installed, and I kinda liked it.

Samuraid
10-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Firefox, hands down.

NorthernChaosGod
10-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Firefox all the way.

K-chan
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
I love Firefox, but my parents are convinced it creates viruses (wtf) so I can't switch browsers until I have the money for my own computer. >> Agh! Hopefully only a few more months!

Shaun
10-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Internet Explorer will only land you into the virus warzone. Use Firefox.

Xander
10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I finally gave in and started using Firefox as my main browser, I love it now, despite taking ages to change over from IE. Love the tabs, the extensions, the skins, the everything :p It has better rendering for sites too, than IE6 at least so it's better to code for. I used to think Firefox was just a pain at displaying my sites, and it was in the wrong, then I discovered it's because IE is lazy and just guesses at what web developers mean, so Firefox is actually the correct one. :D

It still bugs me when people get over-firefox-preachy, like this one guy who put massive banners on his site, saying "USE FIREFOX, IE SUCKS". It's no excuse for not caring about IE users anymore, you should still design to work in both. IE 7 may be better than 6, but I'll stick with Firefox..

Jowy
10-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Firefox plzkthx.

Breine
10-03-2006, 02:52 PM
I voted Internet Explorer just because that's the one I'm using and because I've never tried Firefox - people seem to think it's very good, though.

Misfit
10-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Firefox. -Nods-

drunkymonkey
10-03-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm using Firefox 2 Beta 2 at the minute.

Yamaneko
10-03-2006, 03:55 PM
firefox is a light running programme, so it hardley affects your RAM, or making it run out of spare memory while your running alot of powerful programmes...
Firefox uses up a lot of RAM, especially if you leave it open for hours on end. IE seems to use less RAM because it's integrated into the OS.

I use Firefox in Windows and Swiftfox in Linux.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Firefox. I like having extensions and themes. Plus everytime I actually do load IE, I have to wait for the page to load before I can do anything.

Roto13
10-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I download Firefox to the computers in the lab every day (because they reset every night).

Quindiana Jones
10-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Firefox is easily the greatest web browser EVER!

bipper
10-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Firefox of course. I am just crazy about open source.

IE7 may end up being rather nice, but there are many small annoyances as in when you open a tab and the cursor does not focus on the URL Address Bar. Plus, it only Micro$oft sucks at updating thier /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Besides, it is NEVER a good idea to use a browser that is so integrated into your system. If you cannot unistall/reinstall it, why the hell would you use it on something as dangerous as ther interweb.

bipper

starseeker
10-03-2006, 04:50 PM
I only use IE because portable Firefox is a pain to use and I don't have my own computer.

Loony BoB
10-03-2006, 05:04 PM
IE, because badly coded websites work in it. ;)

Roto13
10-03-2006, 05:09 PM
IE, because badly coded websites work in it. ;)

I have IE Tab installed in my Firefox browser on my laptop so even those badly-coded sites work in it with a simple mouseclick.

Ramza Beoulve
10-03-2006, 05:09 PM
I actually use FireFox V2.0 (normal version), quite better you know?

Nominus Experse
10-03-2006, 08:58 PM
http://mozilla.org.tr/firefox.jpg
...is far superior in respect to protection, ease, and flexibility

Old Manus
10-03-2006, 09:15 PM
So anyone here use it?? It's an internet program like internet explorer. You can even multi task as in go to more then one web but view them one by one. What I mean is that you can save webs into tabs then view them... ^^

Sylvie
10-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Firefox ftw.

Madame Adequate
10-03-2006, 09:47 PM
This is so one-sided it's barely even funny.

Firefox is the best browser to use with Windows. I cannot speak for Mac or Linux or any other OS, but if you use Windows, you use Firefox, or you are failing :)

My uni's computers are uniformly equipped with IE. :(

Edit: I cannot speak as to the quality of Opera. Thus, it is not included in my above statements.

Clouded Sky
10-03-2006, 09:54 PM
What about Opera?

Dr Unne
10-03-2006, 11:16 PM
I use Opera and Firefox half and half nowadays. Opera and Firefox are about equal in my book depending on the use. Opera is faster for everyday use, and looks nicer. Firefox has more options given the ability to use extensions, but it is indeed slow as a dog in Linux. IE is trash compared to both.

Yamaneko
10-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Firefox themes are great, right Unne?

Dr Unne
10-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Great to wish upon one's enemies.

a random monkey
10-03-2006, 11:44 PM
I guess firefox.

rubah
10-03-2006, 11:45 PM
without firefox, most people wouldn't know other web browsers existed anymore.

Sylvie
10-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Death to IE. I hate IE.

Leeza
10-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Firefox at home. IE at work. :cat:

Vincent, Thunder God
10-04-2006, 02:20 AM
A short time ago I had the orignal Mozilla browser, which I thought was the best, and since Firefox is the evolution of Mozilla I suppose my vote counts as Firefox, so that's what I voted. Unfortunately I'm using my mother's computer and she refuses to use anything but the Roger's Yahoo browser (basically like IE in most ways) and I don't like it as much.

Xaven
10-04-2006, 02:38 AM
AOL Firefox, thank you. :D

crono_logical
10-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Firefox of course :p And for the people that have difficulties stuck using not-Firefox because they can't install on a machine or whatever, there's Portable Firefox instead :p

Rinion
10-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Firefox. Because I have to go with th e crowd.

Reine
10-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Ive always used IE and so I have no problem with it.

I have Firefox installed on my PC at home, but it has no connection, so I cant try it out. However, I can use it to view my MSN log files, if nothing else xD

Iven
10-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Firefox, all the way.

Reles
10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Firefox's tabs underneath the web address is so convenient, it was love at first sight.

bipper
10-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I can say that we here at Great Clips encourage the use of firefox and put it as default browser in all our builds. How is that for open source breaking into coorperate?

Flying Mullet
10-04-2006, 05:04 PM
I can say that we here at Great Clips encourage the use of firefox and put it as default browser in all our builds. How is that for open source breaking into coorperate?
Since when did <a href="http://www.greatclips.com/">Great Clips</a> start making computers? I thought they just did haircuts. :confused:

bipper
10-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Since when did <a href="http://www.greatclips.com/">Great Clips</a> start making computers? I thought they just did haircuts. :confused:

lawl;We do this to our coorperate Home Office staff. :D Our personal builds of whatever OS have you. Nother great feature of firefox is its cross compatiblenesses.

damaged_core
10-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Hmm from the time that I created this thread, I've started to use FireFox, though I still reckon that IE is my pick.

Though FireFox might be easier to use (that's what people say anyway) IE was made for the ultimate surfing exp. and FireFox has alot of trouble loading images compared to IE, it also can not perform well in sites that dont have a good coder...well thats from my own personal exp anyway

Christmas
10-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I never knew the existence of other web browsers except IE. :(

Odaisé Gaelach
10-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I use Firefox mostly, but I like Internet Explorer too. :)

Leen-Leen
10-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Firefox. For some reason I used to hate it, but i can't remember why ...

rubah
10-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Hmm from the time that I created this thread, I've started to use FireFox, though I still reckon that IE is my pick.

Though FireFox might be easier to use (that's what people say anyway) IE was made for the ultimate surfing exp. and FireFox has alot of trouble loading images compared to IE, it also can not perform well in sites that dont have a good coder...well thats from my own personal exp anyway

The funny thing is, firefox handles correct coding more correctly than Internet Explorer does. I suggest visiting the World Wide Web Consortium (w3.org) to learn about this. IE makes up its own code and meanings for code that already exists, so that good coders have to fill their documents with lots of hacks to get their sites to behave well.

I think Opera probably handles better than firefox in this, but they're both miles beyond Internet Explorer, so your statement is pretty much completely wrong ;]

And as for loading images, Firefox displays my signature correctly. Internet Explorer does not.

bipper
10-07-2006, 07:29 PM

The funny thing is, firefox handles correct coding more correctly than Internet Explorer does. I suggest visiting the World Wide Web Consortium (w3.org) to learn about this. IE makes up its own code and meanings for code that already exists, so that good coders have to fill their documents with lots of hacks to get their sites to behave well.

I think Opera probably handles better than firefox in this, but they're both miles beyond Internet Explorer, so your statement is pretty much completely wrong ;]

And as for loading images, Firefox displays my signature correctly. Internet Explorer does not.

Ie 7 is supposedly fully w3c compliant. We will see what that means

I Took the Red Pill
10-07-2006, 08:15 PM
I've been using Opera for about a year now. I've become attached to it.