PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Peripherals Shown, Costs Revealed

Rase
10-03-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm pretty sure this is new news, since well, the site says it is. If not, sue me.

Linky. (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=147053)

Sony has just drawn back the curtain on three PS3 peripherals that'll debut in Japan later this year.

First up, punters out in the land of the rising sun wanting an extra PS3 controller - officially dubbed 'SixAxis' - will be able to get their hands on one as of November 11. It costs 5,000 yen, which works out at around 22.5 of our Great British Pounds.

Next, the BD Remote Control, which uses Bluetooth tech to 'talk' to PS3 and will probably allow you to do all sorts of fun stuff like close and open the disc tray, is out on December 7, priced 3,600 yen. Or around 16 quid.

Last, but by no means least, the Memory Card Adapter is out in Japan on November 11 and comes with a 1,500 yen price tag (around 7 quid). Attaching to PS3 via USB, the adapter allows you to stick PSone and PS2 memory cards in it so you can transfer old game saves to PS3's hard drive.

We've contacted Sony Europe to discover if any details yet exist on the peripherals hitting Europe, but had received no reply at the time of writing. Should we get anything juicy though we'll update you with the info right here.

Sony Europe's got back to us: "There are no announcements for the peripherals in Europe at the moment but we will release details and prices in due time". So we'll keep you posted.
Main bummer is the fact that they haven't "announced" anything on these making it over to Europe. But really, extra controllers are pretty much a given, and the Memory Card Adapter seems like a no-brainer to sell everywhere the PS3 is sold. The remote thing is iffy, but then again, it doesn't really sound that important. The only real question is how much the price will change, in my opinion