PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Trailer

Rase
10-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Not for the faint of heart. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmw78t8NgIE)

Anyway, what thoughts do you have on what the game's developers call the "spiritual successor" to System Shock 2?

XxSephirothxX
10-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I think Bioshock is going to be a pretty amazing game. It has potential, to say the least.

Check out (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/793/793105/vids_1.html) the developer's commentary video for close to 15 minutes of Bioshock's underwater world.

drunkymonkey
10-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Shooting actual kids in a game; I dunno whether or not that has actually happened before, but it's certainly going to take some guts to do it, if it's presented well that is, and if we forget they're just a bunch of polygons moving (or as the case may be, lying) across the screen. But these guys made System Shock 2. It'll be easy, hopefully (for them to get it right, that is).

Captain Maxx Power
10-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Excited. Very excited. Pant-wettingly excited.

Yamaneko
10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm looking forward to this game more than Mass Effect. I think the whole art direction is so original and really makes the game standout.

Spammerman
10-03-2006, 08:32 PM
what...the... hell... was that? Which is teh good guys? The drill people, or the humans ppl?

Jowy
10-03-2006, 08:33 PM
That is one of the best freaking settings for a video game ever, sir.

Madame Adequate
10-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Holy Caeser yes!

~SapphireStar~
10-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Geez, I'll be having nightmares, that was rough!

RiseToFall
10-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Damn those little girls freak me out.

This game is going to be a really unique FPS, but in all the rights ways. I can't wait to pick it up.

Dreddz
10-03-2006, 10:40 PM
If this is half as good as System Shock 2, then Im happy. Im glad I got a 360, as I will definately be picking this up.

My only critism is that the game looks like there'll be too much thinking involved. Not saying this is bad, but the balance between actual action dosent seem right. Its seems like everything you do involves some sort of trick to do it. I'd like it to go down the road Deus Ex went down, and offer choices on what to do in a situation.

Yamaneko
10-03-2006, 10:51 PM
There was still an element of thoughtful-gameplay in Deus Ex, though. You couldn't just go into a room and start gunning, although it did become easier as the game progressed, it was important to evaluate each situation and assign a particular gameplay form to it.

I like the slow-paced nature of Bioshock.

Rase
10-04-2006, 12:15 AM
what...the... hell... was that? Which is teh good guys? The drill people, or the humans ppl?
Read this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock) and you will understand. In short, you play as the guy who died in the trailer, and the drill man (Protector) and little girl (Gatherer) are enemies. Also, try watching the video Azar linked to.

Shooting actual kids in a game; I dunno whether or not that has actually happened before, but it's certainly going to take some guts to do it, if it's presented well that is, and if we forget they're just a bunch of polygons moving (or as the case may be, lying) across the screen.
The developers said that they made the Gatherers little girls on purpose, to provide the character with a moral coflict, since the Gatherers have the a lot of the Adam.

I'm definitely psyched about the pacing. While it is certainly fun to shoot things, I really enjoy games that really test your brain with their conflicts, making you stay versatile and not always relying on your gun to solve things. Plus, the amount of freedom in choice should make things even better.