PDA

View Full Version : The Open Door

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-03-2006, 07:48 PM
well evanescenes new cd just came out today, who picked it up? is it good? ill be listening to it at the end of the month:(

Novaris
10-03-2006, 07:54 PM
I picked my copy up. Actually I just lent it off a friend of mine to rip it. :/ Sounds good. Amy Lee is pretty hot too, I got to admit that. I'm saving my money for FFXII atm so I cannot go buying albums so I lend and rip them from friends.

Venom
10-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I'll buy it soon. :)

Rye
10-03-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm really not much of a fan of Evanescence anymore, but Amy Lee's voice is very gorgeous (even though now, she as a person pisses me off), so I'm picking it up later. Also, I have heard some clips, and I liked them.

Lost Number
10-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I...actually quite liked it, bespite the fact I only got it cos my brother kept telling me too.

~SapphireStar~
10-03-2006, 08:25 PM
I could never get into them myself.

Germ Hamee
10-03-2006, 08:48 PM
I've had it for awhile, and I'm still listening to it. It's a really good album, and almost nothing like Fallen. They did a lot of experimenting, particularly with vocal work and incorporating piano with rock. This album is more haunting, and far less whiney than the band's previous work - which I'm thrilled for. Some of their old lyrics were a little... embarassing to listen to.

Favorite tracks:
~Good Enough
~The Last Song I'm Wasting on You (Only available if for pre-order with iTunes. I like private messages!)
~Your Star

The best part is they're touring again! 20 days before I see them live again!

Why the Amy Lee hate, Rye? =(

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-03-2006, 08:50 PM
~The Last Song I'm Wasting on You (Only available if for pre-order with iTunes. I'd be more than happy to share.)

im interested:)

Rye
10-03-2006, 09:07 PM
This album is more haunting, and far less whiney than the band's previous work - which I'm thrilled for. Some of their old lyrics were a little... embarassing to listen to.

Yeah, I've listened to about 3/4ths the album, and I can tell that the lyrics are less whiney and bad already.

I can't say the album is amazing, but I like it. It'll probably take me a while to hit me and grow on me though. It's more experimental, which I do like.

Lost Number
10-03-2006, 09:12 PM
~The Last Song I'm Wasting on You (Only available if for pre-order with iTunes. I'd be more than happy to share.)

im interested:)

Ditto. Very much ditto.

Kappy
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I got it today. I'm just going to listen to it whilst I read my new PS2 mag. I do love CMWYS, although the title did put me off of that song at first. I thought they had gone emo pop. But luckily, it wasn't anything near that. It's a really good song, and the chord progression movement in the chorus is excellent. I hear it's hit no. 4 in the singles charts in the UK already. :o

It's good to hear it's less whiney, and experimental. Is her voice as grating as it was on Fallen? I couldn't listen to that album the whole way through. She hasn't got a bad voice, just it gets irritating sometimes... you see what I mean?

Germ Hamee
10-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Is her voice as grating as it was on Fallen? I couldn't listen to that album the whole way through. She hasn't got a bad voice, just it gets irritating sometimes... you see what I mean?

You have the album, don't you? xD Though, I don't know. Her voice was the only thing that got me through the ever-shifting darkness of Fallen. You may find it more grating, if only on the account of her range suddenly being all over the place. You might be in trouble, if you so enjoy CMWYS -- that's the only song on the album I seriously despise.

Rye
10-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Her voice is the only thing that I reeeeally like about the band nowadays. She has the perfect rich mezzo-soprano voice and a fantastic range. Everything else is okay to me. :)

BardTard
10-04-2006, 12:12 AM
I can't get it yet cus we're poor. :( (my mom thought it would be a good idea to work for $8 an hour instead of $20) Hopefully I'll get that job I applied for though and then I can.