PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your name?

~SapphireStar~
10-03-2006, 09:06 PM
My mum named me after Lauren Bacall, she is her fav actress. My dad wanted to call me Robyn, which I wouldnt have minded. But my mum said people would pick on me and sing the Batman theme tune to me!

Do you like yours? And what would you have prefered?

fire_of_avalon
10-03-2006, 09:08 PM
My dad just liked my first name. He didn't know what middle name to give me, but eventually he decided on Lynn after a friend of his who had died a few years before.

Venom
10-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I hate my name. I would have much rather had the name like something like Damien or something cool like that.

Shauna
10-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I knew a girl called Robyn, and nobody sang the Batman song around her. That's a silly excuse. :rolleyes2

Anyway, I like my name. Except the fact that nobody can pronounce it properly! :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I was named after my father (first name) and his father (middle name). I would hgave prefered something more original for a first name, or at least not the same name as my dad. They were going to call me William at first but then decided on Robert. Considering that, I prefer Robert.

Chloe.
10-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Well my name is Chloe which I guess I kind of like :bigsmile: My mum wanted to call me Laura but my dad didn't like it, but I think I prefer Laura over Chloe :D

So yeah I'm not really bothered by my name, though it's annoying when people spell it wrong. :p

theundeadhero
10-03-2006, 09:14 PM
I make all my friends from work call me by my last name because I prefer it over my first. All my non-Army friends get away with my first.

Jowy
10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I like my first and last name, but completely despise my middle name.

Leeza
10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Leeza is my middle name and I like it. I don't like my first name though so I won't type it out here. :cat:

BardTard
10-03-2006, 09:18 PM
No, I absolutely HATE it. That's why I just go by my nickname, Allie. I hate the way the L in my real name rolls off the tongue... it never sounds right.

Raebus
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm named after an alcholic drink, whats to hate about that? So yes, I don't mind my name. :3

Cz
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't like my first name, I do like my middle name, and my last name is so average that I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other.

Sylvie
10-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Everyone calls me Robbie, and I'd rather be called Rob. I hate my last name because it sounds stupid. I like my middle name. Ian.

Yamaneko
10-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Leeza is my middle name and I like it. I don't like my first name though so I won't type it out here. :cat:
My brother goes by his middle name because he doesn't really like his first name. I still call him by his first name, though.

I like my name just as long as people pronounce it correctly (which isn't often, especially in this country).

Miriel
10-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't like my name. First or last. :(

theundeadhero
10-03-2006, 09:28 PM
At least you can change your last name easily enough :p

Essência
10-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I have 4 names, and I dont like my first and my last. My friends call me for my second name

Madame Adequate
10-03-2006, 09:43 PM
My name is Huxley Vannevar Hobbes.

I think my love for my name ought to be fairly self-evident. :save:

The Real Dark Messenger
10-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't say I hate my name, but I think my first name is too common :mad:

I actually just got my middlename a few weeks ago. My two sisters and my brother always had that middlename, but for some reason my parents 'forgot' to give to me at birth... :hahaha:

SammieBabe
10-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I despise my middle name, but I like my first name. Lucky me. :)
I was named after a '60's TV character from my Mom's favoite show...

Jess
10-03-2006, 09:53 PM
My name is Jessica, but I prefer Jess. I don't mind my name. I was going to be called Chelsea, Illia or Chyna, though. My parent's couldn't decide so in the end they went completely away from those names and called me Jessica! Oh, and my middle name is Lauren. :jess:

Faris
10-03-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't hate my first name, but I do prefer my middle name. I do not like to be called by my first name because it's long and there are so many nick-names tied to it.

mooglebunni608
10-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't like my name. Nobody seems to be able to pronounce it. It's Bríd, and everyone seems to call me Bree or Breeze.... pluse misspell it (it's been spelled 'Brijid O_O)
I always liked the name Alice ^_^ If I ever get the chance, I will probably change my name to that ^_^

Spiffing Cheese
10-03-2006, 10:31 PM
My first name is fine, but my surname sounds stupid. I have no middle name. :(

Spammerman
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I like my name. Alexander Rene(french/boy and girl name) Cuadrado

Nominus Experse
10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Trevor is... alright. Not very romantic or anything else really, but not something I worry about.

Manson is just kick-ass though.

Levian
10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
They were going to name me Christine. Smashed to ruins by a penis that was.

Still, Christine is a better name than my first name, and my last name sucks. My middle name is okay.

Starlight Roxas and Sora
10-03-2006, 10:39 PM
I liked my name up until I met someone else with it. My parents named me Frances because they didn't really like the name my birth parents gave me which is Josie. I know what your thinking, omg! your parents hated your name!! yep, it's true! my mom told me a little while after they told me I was adopted. But even so, I kept the name Josie and thats what I go by, so I made Frances my middle name.To tell you the truth, I dispise the name Frances and I love the name Josie!! By the way when I said birth parents I ment that I was lucky enough to have both a father and a mother, but the reasons for adoption are still unclear.

Heartless
10-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Michael is good, i like it.

Rye
10-03-2006, 10:42 PM
My name is Huxley Vannevar Hobbes.

I think my love for my name ought to be fairly self-evident. :save:

Your names are so cool. ;__; Even the other one.

My first name is Jessica. I like it, but it's so... common. My last name (which shall be a MYSTERY!1) is nice, when pronounced in the Italian, and not the retarded American mutilation. :bigsmile:

Decessus
10-03-2006, 10:43 PM
I only remember my user name. :(

kikimm
10-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I used to hate my name, but now I'm....okay with it. The only reason it annoys me now is because I hardly ever get called by my actual name. It's always Christine, or Krystal, or Kristie, or something like that.

Yuffie514
10-03-2006, 10:54 PM
not really. i rather use something else rather than my own name. but i use my first name more often.

Croyles
10-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah I like my name! My last name is difficult for people to handle though.
Julio smurfert
I find it hilarious though. Especially when your surname is rejected when signing up for something on the internet. Great to see the reactions on peoples faces!
The phone book people didnt want to put my name in for a while!

LunarWeaver
10-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Kyle is just OK, nothing special. I wouldn't really say I like it. I've been told back when I was named Kyle it wasn't all that popular, but apparently many parents had the same idea all at once because there are an abundance of Kyles around now.

My last name is kinda gross sounding... and my middle name is "Dwayne" :bigsmile: I can't imagine anybody wanting the name Dwayne. I hate my middle name, rawr ;O! My brother's first and middle names are Justin and Keith, and since he's J/K and I'm Dwayne I'm convinced we're both jokes.

Shlup
10-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Amanda is fine. I like my middle name: Jean. There's no other name I'd particularly care for.

Acid Raine
10-03-2006, 11:27 PM
My first name is BLEH, and is based off my older sister's name (Dillon is a city in Montana), and the spelling is off Bob Dylan.

No idea why my middle name is my middle name. I like it, though. Its not something stupid like Horace or Dwayne

My last name is rockin sockin robots! Its fairly common where I live, but I am related to all of them. My dad has like.......17 siblings. So I am running into my cousins left and right.

Anaisa
10-03-2006, 11:31 PM
I like my full name. My first name has become more popular recently though, an I'm not pleased about that. :mad2:

a random monkey
10-03-2006, 11:44 PM
I hate my middle name. The rest of my name is great.

Paro
10-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Matthew is a great name, i'm happy it's MINE!!!!

Behold the Void
10-04-2006, 12:03 AM
My name isn't terribly common and I don't really mind it, it's sort of grown on me, I'd say.

StarChild
10-04-2006, 12:08 AM
I like my name, yeah it's common, I used to hate that it was so common, but now I don't mind it. It makes me happy.

DK
10-04-2006, 12:11 AM
My first, middle and surname are three of the most common names in the world. To be honest, i'm not arsed either way. Dan suits me fine.

Mea Culpa
10-04-2006, 12:14 AM
I love all my names. I've always been called by my middle name, so I don't really respond to my first one. I love to see all the different spellings people come up with. Whenever I'm asked how it's spelled I always say, "However you want", just to see.

Acid Raine
10-04-2006, 12:32 AM
My first, middle and surname are three of the most common names in the world. To be honest, i'm not arsed either way. Dan suits me fine.

Dan Marie Smith?

Shiny
10-04-2006, 12:59 AM
My first name is unique, therefore it is cool. I wish people would learn how to pronounce it correctly though. My first name is Ignoramus by the way. :mog:

Agent Proto
10-04-2006, 01:04 AM
My name is fine, but I absolutely DISLIKE my middle name.

Tempest
10-04-2006, 01:12 AM
I actually like my name. It's not very common but, it's a nice name. I like my middle name too but, I don't like my last name very much.

fire_of_avalon
10-04-2006, 01:24 AM

My brother goes by his middle name because he doesn't really like his first name. I still call him by his first name, though.

I like my name just as long as people pronounce it correctly (which isn't often, especially in this country).

My daddy is called by his middle name because his mama's weird. See, my grandparents had my aunt Debbie, and Mema named her. Then daddy was born, and my Grandpa Carl named him Paul, so Mema added Dean as his middle name. Then they had another girl and called her Donna. So, Mema decided to use all the D's, and called him by his middle name. Grandpa Carl always called him Paul. Then they had another son called Michael, but he died.

How do you pronounce your name, Yamaneko? And what's your first name, Leeza! I want to know, I won't tell. :(

Leeza
10-04-2006, 01:46 AM
How do you pronounce your name, Yamaneko? And what's your first name, Leeza! I want to know, I won't tell.
I think Yams' name is pronounced Ee-vaughn. I'll PM you my name and you better not tell. :)

Decessus
10-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Hey, Foa.
Tell us her name.

We won't tell. :)

Moon Rabbits
10-04-2006, 04:27 AM
All three of my names sux.

Name change to Wvladmere Sinbad Grissom or Alice is number one on my list of things to do when I turn 18 :bigsmile:

and furthermore:

My last name is kinda gross sounding... and my middle name is "Dwayne" I can't imagine anybody wanting the name Dwayne. I hate my middle name, rawr ;O! My brother's first and middle names are Justin and Keith, and since he's J/K and I'm Dwayne I'm convinced we're both jokes.

lolol.

Yamaneko
10-04-2006, 06:01 AM
I think Yams' name is pronounced Ee-vaughn. I'll PM you my name and you better not tell. :)
Hmm... close enough. More of an "ah" at the end, though.

ValkyrieWing
10-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Amber is fine...my middle name makes me sound as if I should be weilding a pitchfork on a farm in Kansas.

udsuna
10-04-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm Albert. I hate my name. I was named after my grandpa. HE hated the name, too.

Reine
10-04-2006, 08:55 AM
I both like and dislike my name.

As unique as it is within New Zealand, where caucasian names are almost entirely of the common variety, Ive always been somewhat famous and a center of attention just due to my name. Typically, noone has ever pronounced my full name correctly, aside from my parents/family.

These days, with a new first name, everyone still says it wrong, and in almost every case, as "Rain" Its more like Ray-een, but not dragged out like that. When said quickly it does resemble Rain, so I dont really have any troubles with it being said that way.

But I must say, its rather amusing having so many girls going on about how "hot" my full name is...

Dark Paladin
10-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm Dan. I have no problem with my name since its a fairly common name but my mum said that if i was born a girl i would have been called Kelly-Ann.

Polaris
10-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Ana (I like it because it's a tradition in our family, my cousin, mother, grandmother and sister has it and also the mother of my grandmother but she already passed away, we are all Ana), I hate the rest... specially the last one! I've known such cool last names and mine it's the most common last name u can have! :( One day I'll change it ;)

Shaun
10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
My first name is... *drumroll*

Shaun!

It's okay. A little basic though.

Twilight Edge
10-04-2006, 01:59 PM
My grandfather named me. I have no idea what it means though. I'm Chinese and my name is something-you-will-never-understand.

So, I got myself an English name, Terry. Just for online talk.

Breine
10-04-2006, 02:51 PM
I actually like my first name, which is Kristian, and I also happen to like my middle name and surname as well :) I guess I'm lucky.

Mo-Nercy
10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Both my surname (Huang/Wong [same word]) and my first name (Peter) are common names so that makes it bit boring.

But I like my chinese name quite a bit. Zi Yan. It's easy to write in chinese and pronounce (which is important for a semi-speaker like me) and it also means something cool sounding although it doesn't really make sense (offspring of flame).

Resha
10-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I hate my name! >:O I hate hate hate it.

I wish my name was Anna Karenina. That's a real swell name. On another note, though, I'm also kinda disappointed at the lack of middle name. I have unofficially adopted a cool Chinese middle name for myself though :shifty:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Nuh-uh... Chris is ok but I hate my surname.. it's my stepdads name and they changed it when I was 2... and I hate him... he's scary-evil... I'm gonna change it when i leave home/uni... that leaves 4 years... :(

Quindiana Jones
10-04-2006, 04:21 PM
My middle name's Arthur, and is what I'm referred to. I love it. My first name is just...kinda there for show. The government and schools just can't understand it. Idiots. Oh, and my Welsh surname is pure sex.

Reles
10-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Alyssa~ My name is totally spectacular!

Ashi
10-04-2006, 05:44 PM
I didn't like my name growing up, but it was mostly because no one ever spelled or pronounced it right. Now I think it is kind of unique, even though a lot of people in my family have the same first name (not immediate family but you know what I mean); but outside family it is rare to be named this. (not saying what!)

G13
10-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I hate my name! Not only do I hate my name, but I hate where it came from and I hate what it represents to my family!!!

Vaincast
10-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Even though my english name is Amy it's pretty normal right but my chinese name... horibble its like a doorbell ring, Ting Ting :mad: But I'm lucky to have english names but I liked to have an EXTREAME name lke, like Xyra or sumthing like that

NorthernChaosGod
10-05-2006, 01:01 PM
I was named after my dad, I love my name. :cool:

AdVenT
10-05-2006, 01:06 PM
My dad just wanted to call me Christopher from the start. I would have preffered Chris but meh

Loony BoB
10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
I think 'Daniel' is the best name in the world for a guy.

Reine
10-05-2006, 01:23 PM

This reminds me of a time when you found that Andreil was almost a perfect anagram of Daniel. xD

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 09:07 PM

Common. That's what it is: common. :bigsmile:

damaged_core
10-07-2006, 10:15 AM
My name is sooooo common, there are 3 people in my class with same name and were the same age! Gee were are mum's high or something...
Anyway I HATE me name so much...its so, so, so,....boring,"Ash", yawn.

Yuna-Lenne
10-07-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm not too fond of my name, sounds really old fashioned. :( Not TOO bad though, I guess...

Rostum
10-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I really like my name, but I didn't when I was younger because it just seemed too different. Anyways, my name is Logan and it's awesome.

Madame Adequate
10-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I really like my name, but I didn't when I was younger because it just seemed too different. Anyways, my name is Logan and it's awesome.

Yes. Yes it is.

Polnareff
10-07-2006, 11:54 AM
No.

And to make matters worse, I don't like my middle name/nickname for my first name either, so I just have people call me something completely different.

Since I'm 18 now, I can go get my name changed, but my mom would probably throw a tantrum. :D

Dreddz
10-07-2006, 12:06 PM
I have a pretty bog standard name :eep:

Christmas
10-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I like my chinese name, it means "Snow". :bigsmile:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
10-07-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm just glad I wasn't named something outrageously silly like Apple, Peaches or Pixie

Vikeve
10-07-2006, 05:42 PM
I love my real name but it's a really commen name but I don't mind. It's Hannah..... i love it.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-07-2006, 06:13 PM
My no likes my name, at all. Not my first name, my middle name, or my other middle name. Heck, I don't even like my like my last name!!

Rocket Edge
10-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah, well i don't mind it.

Zamba136
10-08-2006, 04:41 AM
i love my name, who wouldn't want to be named after the strongest and oldest vampire. i carry my name with dark pride. my name rolls of the tongue, kinda. Alucard Micheal Jones

Dynast-Kid
10-08-2006, 05:09 AM
I despise my name with a passion...Larry.

BLEH!

I've always wanted a unique,different name like:Ramon,or Marcellus.

*Fantasizes*

Ryth
10-08-2006, 05:10 AM
Yeah, it isn't a common one.

Araciel
10-08-2006, 05:24 AM
James....boring but good..people call me jims so i'm kinda unique, namewise

rubah
10-08-2006, 05:24 AM
I love my first and my middle names! They're pretty!

Rusty
10-08-2006, 09:01 AM
I like my names. My first name is lovely (I think), my second name is nice and my last name is very uncommon and annoying (nobody can manage to spell it right).