PDA

View Full Version : First Demo is downloadable!

Goldenboko
10-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Well maybe thats vague enough to attract peoples attention :tongue:

Seriously though my first game demo of my game Mage Wars is downloadable.
Here is a link to download it http://perpetualapocalypse.com/avaproductions/index.php?name=Downloads&req=viewdownload&cid=1
The download takes 10-20 min because of the server but I'd be happy if anyone here is willing to take the wait. Here's the instructions on what you need to do once it is done downloading.

1. Extract all the files
2. Click on the Setup file (not the text document)
3. The original setup file is Japanese so everything will show up as question marks just click on the left box (pay attention to the project path)
4. Find where the game was sent and click on the RPG_RT file and you're playing my game! (The RPG_RT file can be copied onto the desktop for convience)
The game has 1hour of gameplay (I realized you guys don't have the demo that was originally suppose to be posted)

Evasto has already tried part of the game and he says he likes it so I hope you try it out and respond on how it is!

Decessus
10-04-2006, 02:21 AM
How about some screenshots and information on the game?

Oh, and if you don't know, press the print screen button and paste into paint to make a screenshot.

Rostum
10-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Well, I'll download it I guess. I'd like to see some screenshots and some information though. Also, I don't need any fandangled game engine to run it do I?

Khaotic
10-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Maybe when I learn what it is.

Goldenboko
10-04-2006, 03:11 AM
No engine is needed.
Screen shots huh?
I don't know what got added (EoFF kept saying the file size was too big and I tried to fix it but that clearly wasn't working)
and I also am going to add the script of the first scene in the post

The game opens to a black screne…
Narrator: Three years after the collapse of the White Mage Empire.

With the almost utter destruction of the White Mages, power was divided among three nations ...

The first nation and the most powerful is Alexandria.

Most said this nation was the cause of the ensuing war. Alexandria started off as a small group of fishing villages that all payed taxes to...

... Alexandros. The Alexandrians eventually grew rich off the fishing trade, but as they started to expand, the White Mages decided that they would not allow it. So they attacked Alexandria hoping to obliterate them.

The second most powerful faction was the Black Mages of Cree.

The Black Mages were led by Largent, a war tactition with no equal. They joined forces with the warriors of Alexandria to defeat the mages swooping upon their city. For they had been enemies with the ...

... White Mages since the beginning of recorded civilization.

The last and least powerful of the Great Three is the Imperialists.

At the beginning of the war their king was assassinated and the nation almost collapsed. Thus they could not grasp or keep power for very long

Thus is the division of powers according to the Division of Power section IV clause 1.

But the White Mages haven't given up yet and their new plan may be the worst we have seen yet!

(The black screen dissipates and you can see this scene)

(Two soldiers drag in a well dressed man by his heals)

Soldier: Lord Gardna, sir! The Imperial ambassador you requested.

Gardna: Excellent, I will see to your promotions.

Soldier: Thank you, Lord Gardna.

Gardna: Now ... as for you.

I understand that you are the ambassador from the Imperialists that has been living in Cree for 21 years is that correct?

Ambassador: How ... Y-yes.

Gardna: I also understand that you are a spy!

Ambassador: Not true! Not ... not (quails under Gardna's stare)

How d-do you know that!

Gardna: I have my ways. Now I know there must be a way into Cree. I'm only going ask you once. What is it?

Ambassador: (Breathing nervously) Th - The ... ah umm.

(Gardna jumps from his chair and draws his sword pointing it at the ambassador, the tip of the sword touching his forehead)

Gardna: SPIT IT OUT, WORM. MY PATIENCE GROWS THIN!

Ambassador: (By this point cowering on the floor)The shields are weak ... always have been ... mass teleportation is not - not hard ...

Please don't hurt me!

(Gardna puts his sword away and resumes his spot at his chair)

Gardna: Thank you.

But now I have no more use for you...
I hope you enjoyed your life.

Ambassador: WHA -

Gardna: Feed him to my pet. It has been craving human flesh for ... some time now.

(The ambassador is dragged away by his heels)

Ambassador: WHA- NO NO NOOOOOOO!

Gardna: HA HA HA HA HA!
The screen fades black once again and the beginning credits appear.

Edit-None of the screneshots showed up! Uhh... oops Darn.

Rostum
10-04-2006, 03:35 AM
Ok, 50mb for just one extremely small level (i.e. A room)? That's pretty lame, and even if there's more, I can't find any way out of this room!

Well, it seems all pretty cool, I didn't pay too much attention to the intro bit though and I think the credit part went on too long. I think the level design needs to be improved along with the title screen (looks good, but maybe some refining and CG work would make it better, if you want I can have a go at that for you).

I guess I'm not a huge fan of the RTP sprites and all that, but it seems you've put in a bit of effort so keep up the good work. I'm not sure if the music is from the RTP but it suits every scene, so well done. ^^

Edit: Try uploading the images using ImageShak or Photobucket. ^^

Goldenboko
10-04-2006, 03:38 AM
Sorry I have to fix it so you don't have to press the enter button in certain spots. Not all the music is RTP I try to stay away from RTP music unless its fitting. The character sets are RTP because I thought up the characters a long time ago and couldn't force myself to ditch the orginal design. Also Rengori said he'd do the title screen for me.

Edit- Also that demo is pretty long so did you finish it or just stop playing (at least 1 hour long)

Nominus Experse
10-04-2006, 03:39 AM
I'll give this a try

Rostum
10-04-2006, 03:49 AM
Edit- Also that demo is pretty long so did you finish it or just stop playing (at least 1 hour long)

Well, I couldn't find any way out of the first room, I ran around trying to get out and trying to talk to books and the sort. =(

Goldenboko
10-04-2006, 03:49 AM
OH! Go to the exit (bottom of the screen you'll see an exit like thing) and press enter.

Goldenboko
10-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Well I hope this works
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/Goldenboco/BattleSystemShot.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/Goldenboco/ArmyClashPic.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/Goldenboco/TitleScreen.jpg

Oh and Omecle see in the picture below the thing Vion is facing? Step on it and press enter.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/Goldenboco/Exit.jpg

KentaRawr!
10-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Looks pretty cool. I might be no artist though, but I think the face on the title screen could use some touching up. It's cool that you have a brand new title screen instead of a default, though. And the style is cool too.

evil cecil
11-03-2006, 04:35 PM
i downloaed it and logget in how do i play...:confused: :confused:

Goldenboko
11-03-2006, 04:42 PM
What do you mean logged in?

I already posted how to do it but here are the instructions again.

1. Extract all the files
2. Click on the Setup file (not the text document)
3. The original setup file is Japanese so everything will show up as question marks just click on the left box (pay attention to the project path)
4. Find where the game was sent and click on the RPG_RT file and you're playing my game! (The RPG_RT file can be copied onto the desktop for convience)

This thread is kinda old you should probably PM me if that doesn't work.