PDA

View Full Version : Unread Private Message Problem

Evastio
10-04-2006, 02:29 AM
At the top right corner it keeps saying that I have 1 Unread message even though there aren't any unread ones. If there is one it says that there are 2 unread messages.

Is there any way to fix this? :confused:

rubah
10-04-2006, 03:15 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=93155 http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=93719

Evastio
10-04-2006, 03:27 AM
That first one wasn't helpful. :(

Do I have to delete the most recent ones? :confused:

rubah
10-04-2006, 03:58 AM
It was more of a point of 'we're not exactly sure yet what on earth is causing it, so I really don't know what to tell you. Yet.'

Leeza
10-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Are you absolutely sure that you don't have one unread PM? Mine kept saying I had one PM as well. And I did...after checking.

Evastio
10-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Are you absolutely sure that you don't have one unread PM? Mine kept saying I had one PM as well. And I did...after checking.
I'm sure.

The problem occured yesterday.

Samuraid
10-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Try sending a PM to yourself, then deleting it when it arrives. I'm not sure if it will fix the problem, but it might for now.

Evastio
10-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Try sending a PM to yourself, then deleting it when it arrives. I'm not sure if it will fix the problem, but it might for now.
It didn't work. :(

crono_logical
10-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Ok, I think I've spotted an error in the database PM tables hence why you're seeing that, I'm just trying to work out what causes error that now :p

EDIT: Basically the database said you have an unread PM in one table, but that PM doesn't exist in another table hence why you don't see it - I can't see how that gets caused at the moment. I've deleted all those bad entries for now anyway so no-one shouldn't have that message any more for now (unless you've suddenly got another ghost PM from somewhere) :p

Evastio
10-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Ok, I think I've spotted an error in the database PM tables hence why you're seeing that, I'm just trying to work out what causes error that now :p

EDIT: Basically the database said you have an unread PM in one table, but that PM doesn't exist in another table hence why you don't see it - I can't see how that gets caused at the moment. I've deleted all those bad entries for now anyway so no-one shouldn't have that message any more for now (unless you've suddenly got another ghost PM from somewhere) :p

I've still got a ghost PM. :(

Yamaneko
10-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Do you have anyone on your ignore list?

crono_logical
10-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Not any more :p Looks like there's a 3rd table that keeps records of PM stuff too :\ Also looks like there's others with mismatch between how many they see they have unread and how many they should be seeing.

Evastio
10-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Do you have anyone on your ignore list?
No.

Not any more :p Looks like there's a 3rd table that keeps records of PM stuff too :\ Also looks like there's others with mismatch between how many they see they have unread and how many they should be seeing.
Thanks for fixing it!!! :D