PDA

View Full Version : Reviving Aeris vs Finding the Triforce

KentaRawr!
10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
So, which wild goose-chase is best? The revival of Aeris in FF7 or finding the Triforce in OoT? Personally, I find the revival of Aeris more interesting, as it has gone from actually TRYING to revive Aeris legit to finding un-used things in the game, like Giant Aeris's line: "Didn't somebody tell you? This IS Hades!". Of course, while things like that are probably just things the programmers slapped in as jokes, it's still pretty cool. Of course, that isn't DIRECTLY connected to the revival of Aeris, but since some people try to link things like that to the revival of Aeris, I still think it counts. o.o

Hows about you?

Gnostic Yevon
10-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I have to go with Aeris, just for the sheer conspiracy theory madness of the ressurection theories (or never supposed to die theories). Honestly, going through looking for the "right" method shows the futility of the idea, yet everybody tries it (even me, and I don't like Aeris).

Ashi
10-04-2006, 12:58 PM
We didn't try to revive Aeris, but I do remember we did get sucked into the Finding the Triforce hype. Some people claimed they were able to show pictures of the trifoce that they found. We pretty much took turns looking everywhere trying to find it. :-[

Roto13
10-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Catching Mew. :P

~SapphireStar~
10-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Aeris :D I still laugh my pants off when people request the special cheat that makes her alive again :)
Ah, newbies.

Roto13
10-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Of those two, Aeris. I voted the Triforce thing anyway, just because this is a Final Fantasy forum. :P

bipper
10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
the TRIFORCE by far. I mean, nintendo power even jumped in and made a widely publicized guide on obtaining the triforce which included detailed convolutions and a massive work through along with some convincing [edited] screenshots! I totally fell for it.

Reviving the Big A never bugged me. I was more worried about LEO.

Hawkeye
10-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Bipper speaks truth. Aries was a bitch; the triforce truely made you strong.

Ryushikaze
10-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Catching Mew. :P

Ironically, you can actually do this without a cheat device.

You have to exploit a hard to pull of glitch to DO it, but it is theoretically doable.

This method was not discovered until Red and Blue were old hat.

Shaun
10-04-2006, 04:01 PM
I remember when a bunch of idiots thought that, by modding Halo, they'd see Master Chief's face when he takes his helmet off. Of course they're not going to model his face when you're not going to see it anyway! Eejits!

ljkkjlcm9
10-04-2006, 05:11 PM
I think the rumors to get the 121st star in Mario 64 were pretty good too

THE JACKEL

Jowy
10-04-2006, 05:15 PM
SHENG LONG~!

also, there's a way to glitch Pokemon Blue and catch a Mew. We bought it just to see if it would work. >_>

I vote triforce.

Nominus Experse
10-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Triforce - I spent hours cruising the internet, and days trying to actually get it. And evertime I failed, I would do it all over again.

I was an idiot, but I wanted that freaking triforce.

Oh, and Aeris is a bitch. She can sink to the bottom of that little pool there and rot away for all I care. Thanks to Sephiroth, there's a hole in her, so she'll be sure to sink.

Roto13
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Sonic and Tales in Smash Bros. Melee was a big one.

NorthernChaosGod
10-05-2006, 01:44 PM
I hate Aeris and wish she had died sooner, so I'll go with Finding the Triforce, even though I never believed it.

Reine
10-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I fell for the Mew rumour :p

The "Use Strength on the truck" one xD

Thats the one rumour I ever fell for

edczxcvbnm
10-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I never even heard about finding the triforce in OoT until now. I beat the hell out of the game. I even found 99/100 skulltulas without a guide(stupid rain song near castle :hot: ). I guess I just was that much more into FFVII and all the other things that are on the disc and even game shark codes to replace someone else's character model. The triforce just sounds trifiling and the story doesn't even come close to supporting that.

Levian
10-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Lara nude code.

Roto13
10-05-2006, 07:01 PM
The triforce just sounds trifiling and the story doesn't even come close to supporting that.

Yeah, really. The triforce is INSIDE of three people. It's not something that can really be found.

LunarWeaver
10-05-2006, 07:05 PM
I like the whole revive Aeris deal better. For a while it was such a craze and so many believed it. The Triforce thing always seemed way out there to me.

I tried to tell my friend you could get Leon's jacket back in Re4 if you did all these crazy things, but he told me to shut the hell up. I failed miserably at starting my own false rumor. :(

Heath
10-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Don't really know to be honest. I never bothered with the Mew one because a friend had an Action Replay. The Triforce I didn't actually know about until after I'd finished OoT. Aeris was something that I found interesting (hell, there's a site for FFVII rumours out there which is a pretty entertaining read for how ridiculous some of them are), but never really bothered to try.

So, basically, I don't know.

Saku
10-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Although I never fell for any of these rumours... .the one to revive Aerith intrigued me for a while.. most cause it would have been interesting to get her back...

Finding Mew... I already knew how to get that... so it was pointless as far as I was concerned

Triforce... it was already with people... why would i go searching to find it after knowing that there is only one triforce... and I KNOW where all three peices are?

Nude Raider was one of those glitches that also seemed to catch people's attention...

Peter_20
10-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Considering the fact there's a grey space for the Triforce in OoT, the Triforce quest seems way more interesting. :D

*votes for Triforce*

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I didn't chase after either one of those, but I did try and fight 4000 dragons to get the "resurrect" ability to bring back general Leo.

Shoeberto
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
The best one was when my friend jokingly told me that, if I threw my sword in to the fat fairy in Zelda: LttP, that I'd get a gold sword. I did, and got a gold sword. I told him, and he was like "No you didn't! I just made that up. There is no gold sword." It was pretty brilliant.

Venom
10-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Who the Hell would want Aeris back on their team? (Thank God it isnt true)

But yeah I like the Triforce one better.

Ryth
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I never believed any of these were possible, so I never tried doing it, but the Triforce was always more interesting to read.

I don't care about Aeris.

Griff
10-09-2006, 12:40 AM
I once fell for the "shoot the duck and win a free xbox 360" rumour.

Out of these ones, Aeris.

theundeadhero
10-09-2006, 10:06 AM
I never even heard of the triforce rumor until yesterday.