PDA

View Full Version : Ozar Midrashim

BG-57
10-04-2006, 12:32 PM
A few weeks ago I was replaying LOK: Soul Reaver, and I realized how much of my enjoyment stemmed from the music. Curious, I searched to see if any of the songs from the game were avalable in a commercially released album. I found exactly one: Ozar Midrashim by Infomation Society.

Since the original album that featured it was out of print, I had to special order the 'best of' album instead. I got it last night. Although I could have done without the stream-of-consciousness opening monologue (which incidently was not dialogue from LOK:SR), I got chills! It's a dark and brilliant song that's played over the opening movie and also is featured in the Sanctuary of the Clans and Raziel's Lands.

A couple of mysteries though:

1) What does Ozar Midrashim mean, exactly? It seems to be the name of a two volume set of books about battles and angels, but I couldn't find specifics. It would certainly fit the theme of the game, since Raziel and several of his brothers are named after angels. I'm guessing the words are a pluralized and in either Hebrew or Aramiac, since they use -shim as a plural ending (i.e. Cherubim, Seraphim).

2) Is this the only song from LOK:SR that's available in a commercially released album? I once saw an overpriced 'soundtrack' on ebay, but I was suspicious.

Also, does anybody else have this song? What do you think of it?