PDA

View Full Version : A Thief's Imagination Knows No Limits

Paro
10-04-2006, 09:01 PM
The craze that's sweeping the nation (http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061004/NEWS18/610040354&oaso=news.rgj.com/breakingnews)!

PHOENIX (AP) -- Leave the gun. Bank robbers have found an easier way to make off with other people's money: Around the country, thieves have hot-wired forklifts at construction sites, chugged up to banks and scooped up their ATMs, with all the cash inside.
ATM manufacturers have been working on ways to stop the heists, and sometimes the money involved is so small it hardly seems worth the risk. But that hasn't discouraged thieves this summer in such states as Arizona, Nevada, California and Georgia. They have pulled off or attempted such thefts at least 21 times this year in the Phoenix area alone. It's called the smash-and-dash,' said Rob Evans, director of industry marketing for Dayton, Ohio-based NCR Corp., the world's largest maker of automated teller machines. Evans is the company expert on ATM thefts.

smash-and-dash!! hahaha thats classic!

Quindiana Jones
10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Now that's just lazy.

Jowy
10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
How in gods name do you not get caught driving a forkilft to an ATM anyway? There has to be at least ONE person watching such an absurd act occur.

Quindiana Jones
10-04-2006, 09:22 PM
There is one person. *sniggers* THE THIEF! *runs off laughing*

LunarWeaver
10-04-2006, 09:24 PM
In my day we just mugged children and senior citizens. What is the world coming to :(

~SapphireStar~
10-04-2006, 09:26 PM
In my day we just mugged children and senior citizens.
So it was you who mugged my brother!?

oddler
10-04-2006, 09:44 PM
How in gods name do you not get caught driving a forkilft to an ATM anyway? There has to be at least ONE person watching such an absurd act occur.

I agree. Everyone does understand that most forklifts travel at about 5 to 10 mph, right? How does no one catch this?

Decessus
10-04-2006, 10:25 PM

We just act casual. :cool:

Quindiana Jones
10-04-2006, 10:30 PM

I agree. Everyone does understand that most forklifts travel at about 5 to 10 mph, right? How does no one catch this?

Security Guards at banks are really old so....

Rainecloud
10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
You can't help but admire them for their creativity.

*snigger*

Giga Guess
10-05-2006, 12:41 AM
You can't help but admire them for their creativity.

*snigger*

Agreed.

Venom
10-05-2006, 02:01 AM
I am now inspired to become a criminal.

Jack
10-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Ya see, that would NEVER happen in England. We would never ignore such a absurd thing without complaining about it to everyone.

Madame Adequate
10-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Ya see, that would NEVER happen in England. We would never ignore such a absurd thing without complaining about it to everyone.

We would complain about it to people we know. The cops would actually do bugger all.

Nevermind driving TO the ATM, how the hell can anyone drive AWAY from one in a forklift carrying an ATM?

NorthernChaosGod
10-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Lol, how the hell does that person not get caught?

Giga Guess
10-05-2006, 01:19 PM

We would complain about it to people we know. The cops would actually do bugger all.

Nevermind driving TO the ATM, how the hell can anyone drive AWAY from one in a forklift carrying an ATM?

Yeah, those things aren't exactly designed for a speedy, or discreet getaway.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Three words: GIANT INVISIBILTY CLOAK.