10-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Xenogears
Xenosaga

Adamant Barrage
10-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Except for the name.

Bahamut2000X
10-04-2006, 09:41 PM
In the perfect works story line. Xenogears is Episode 5 of the hexology. Xenosaga is Episode 1.

RiseToFall
10-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Xenogears is better. *runs away*

Pharoh Amon Khan III
10-04-2006, 10:21 PM
They're not connected at all and are not even in the same universe.

Sorry... But I prefer to think of them as connected, however... I wish they had completed the Xenosaga series instead of hyphenating it. And I wish they would have connected it to Xenogears.

Hell, I want a re-make, animated series, and pre-quel and sequel to Xenogears...

Xenogears RULES!!!!

RiseToFall
10-04-2006, 10:40 PM
They're not connected at all and are not even in the same universe.

Sorry... But I prefer to think of them as connected

I'm either confused or a little slow, but did you just reply to yourself?

LunarWeaver
10-04-2006, 10:51 PM
They were made (or started in the case of Saga) by pretty much the same team and same writers. Xenosaga shares many "homage" like connections and very similar plot ideas with Gears, but they are not directly connected to each other and as of now they won't ever be. We can all have wet dreams about how Xenosaga is a prequel to Gears and they will run into each other, but sadly they're made by different companies and they will not, so let's all just let it go. I look at Xenosaga as more of a "retelling".

You could play one but not the other and be fine. And if you like one, you will either like it so much you'll hate the other, or not compare and like them both as I do. If you like RPGs with the emphasis on plot then you will enjoy them and I recommend both :jess:

Zechs
10-05-2006, 05:48 AM
Xenosaga is pretty much the first in the Xeno line. Xenogears unofficially takes place many, many years after Xenosaga.
Since Square owns the rights to Xenogears, and most of that team no longer works there the place most of them went (Namco) went to work on Saga.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Xenosaga is pretty much the first in the Xeno line. Xenogears unofficially takes place many, many years after Xenosaga.Xenosaga and Xenogears don't fit together at all. Like everyone else has been saying, Xenosaga's scenario shares sensibilities with Xenogears but isn't meant to actually be part of the same story.

Kefka_Almighty
10-06-2006, 06:24 AM
As has already been pointed out: though they may have possibly considered the idea of the games being connected at some point, it eventually became obvious that Xenosaga only shares some plot ideas/character similarities with Xenogears.

That being said, and I don't doubt I'll probably get flamed for this, but I find Xenosaga to be superior to Xenogears. Xenogears was a great game and all, but I found Xenosaga to have been handled more maturally and that the narrative was all in all better done in Xenosaga then it was in Gears (yes, even excluding Gears second disc, I still say the pacing and narrative of Xenosaga has, on a whole, been better). I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the two games connected, and in all honesty with the way episode III ends I actually kind of think they left it open for that possibility, but it's a very unlikely possibility.

edczxcvbnm
10-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Xenosaga II ruined any chance of it having that series be better than xenogears. Not only is the story half of what it should be but it was horribly executed overall.

Erdrick Holmes
10-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Xenosaga draws your patience more than Xenogears