PDA

View Full Version : Child-Birth... why do women make such a fuss?

The Devil Man
10-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Devil Man was being very clever and very educational and reading yet another news paper today. Devil Man likes reading newspapers because it makes him feel very clever and intelligent (:spin:), but one article made him annoyed.

Now... you must understand... Devil Man LOVES women! :drool: Yes! He adores women and thinks they are the greatest of all Mother Natures creations! Even better then chocolate cake!

But what Devil Man fails to understand is why women make such a fuss over child-birth. :confused: Why, why, why, whyyyyyyy do women always complain about popping out a baby and moan about the pain they go through? It makes Devil Man appreciate the beauty of women a little bit less.

For you see... this article that provoked Devil Man's wrath was yet ANOTHER ONE, THE SEVENTH ONE HE READ THIS WEEK, where a woman had just given birth, moaned about the pain, how hard labour is etc, etc...

A child is a gift of Mother Nature! You should pop out a baby with a smile on your face, oh beautiful goddesses! You should not whinge about how painful it is. You should go *pop!*, grin and hold baby proudly in your arms! ( A Devil Baby ---> :radred: )

So Devil Man would like to ask... why do women make such a fuss over Child Birth? It can't be that hard, can it?

Rye
10-04-2006, 10:57 PM
I usually am one of the least feminist chicks I know, but you try popping one out. A bowling ball through a hose, the analogy is, I think? It's EXTREMELY painful, and if I ever do have I child, I demand that I am so high on painkilling drugs during it that I don't even know my own name. I have a terrible tolerance for pain. ;___;

But anyways, maybe women cry because it IS painful? A woman has to suffer backpains, morning sickness, breast pain, lots of hormones, and other general discomforts for 9 months, so they can whine all they want about popping the babies out.

Jowy
10-04-2006, 10:58 PM
When you can stretch your lower lip to the back of your head, I think you might have an understanding.

Or so Family Guy depicts it without being graphic. Good lord though, the thought of it even sounds painful.

Rainecloud
10-04-2006, 10:58 PM
My Girlfriend/Partner lost lots of blood and passed out during her first childbirth. On top of that, the baby nearly died from suffocation, and all sorts of things went wrong. It ended up being an emergency section. With her second Son, she again lost lots of blood, was in labour for many hours (much longer than the Doctors said that they would let her endure), and passed out again from blood-loss, etc.

Women have good reason to moan - and they deserve to.

Roto13
10-04-2006, 11:00 PM
I've found that the women I know tend to have a lower tolerance for pain than I do.

That said, I can't imagine trying to pop something the size of a watermelon out through a hole the size of a lemon.

SammieBabe
10-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Go witness a natural birth with no epidural. Then come back and tell me that birth isn't that painful.
Your mom should smack you for saying that...

The Devil Man
10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Go witness a natural birth with no epidural. Then come back and tell me that birth isn't that painful.

She smacks me for being born :chuckle:

Goldenboko

If she read this she probably would. I have no idea what its like (seeing as I'm a guy) but come on look at the size of the baby, it won't just "pop" out without major pain.

bipper
It is outside of thier daily cooking and cleaning routine and they HATE change?

*fans flames*

My wife was like push push plop. Both our kids were out within like 10 minutes of hard labour. She made it look easy.

Rainecloud
10-04-2006, 11:07 PM

She smacks me for being born :chuckle:

I'm sure all women regret having children at some point in their lives. Besides, we all deserve a good smack for being born. It should be mandatory, don't you think?

Shiny
10-04-2006, 11:08 PM
A woman I know actually pushed so hard that she popped a vein in her eye. I can see how they would complain about it. It doesn't look like a very pleasant experience. Infact, child birth seems like constipation only worst.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-04-2006, 11:12 PM
They say the nearest men can come to the pain of child birth is passing a kidney stone.

Also, I think women have a good reason to complain. I mean compare the sizes and how much the cervix has to expand. That just has to hurt...

DarkLadyNyara
10-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Devil Man was being very clever and very educational and reading yet another news paper today. Devil Man likes reading newspapers because it makes him feel very clever and intelligent (:spin:), but one article made him annoyed.

---

For you see... this article that provoked Devil Man's wrath was yet ANOTHER ONE, THE SEVENTH ONE HE READ THIS WEEK, where a woman had just given birth, moaned about the pain, how hard labour is etc, etc...

A child is a gift of Mother Nature! You should pop out a baby with a smile on your face, oh beautiful goddesses! You should not whinge about how painful it is. You should go *pop!* smile, and hold baby proudly in your arms!

So Devil Man would like to ask... why do women make such a fuss over Child Birth? It can't be that hard, can it?

*Kicks you repeatedly in crotch*

You try pushing an object the size of a watermelon through an opening the size of a lemon, then come back and ask what the big friggin deal is.:mad: Women complain because *NEWS FLASH* IT FRIGGIN HURTS!!! Hell, just watch a woman giving birth, and you might understand.

Anaisa
10-04-2006, 11:18 PM

Now... you must understand... Devil Man LOVES women! :drool: Yes! He adores women and thinks they are the greatest of all Mother Natures creations! Even better then chocolate cake!

But what Devil Man fails to understand is why women make such a fuss over child-birth. :confused: Why, why, why, whyyyyyyy do women always complain about popping out a baby and moan about the pain they go through? It makes Devil Man appreciate the beauty of women a little bit less.

A child is a gift of Mother Nature! You should pop out a baby with a smile on your face, oh beautiful goddesses! You should not whinge about how painful it is. You should go *pop!* smile, and hold baby proudly in your arms!

So Devil Man would like to ask... why do women make such a fuss over Child Birth? It can't be that hard, can it?When your in pain,do you have a smile on your face? If I gave you a chocolate cake, an then repeatedly kicked you in the crotch afterwards. Would you say: "oh beautiful goddesses" smile, an proudly hold your chocolate cake in your arms? Because I don't think you would.

DarkLadyNyara
10-04-2006, 11:19 PM
When your in pain,do you have a smile on your face? If I gave you a chocolate cake, an then repeatedly kicked you in the crotch afterwards. Would you say: "oh beautiful goddesses" smile, an proudly hold your chocolate cake in your arms? Because I don't think you would.

Anaisa wins. :D

Leeza
10-04-2006, 11:21 PM
I think she should more than smack you. You make a lot of weird threads, but this one takes the cake. A guy with absolutely no knowledge or experience in a topic like childbirth has the gull to make such a statement as <i> why do women make such a fuss?</i> The pain of contractions is unbearable (nevermind the actually <i>popping</i> out of the baby), but of course, we really have no choice but to do just that...22 hours for me before having to have a C-section.

The Devil Man
10-04-2006, 11:22 PM
If I gave you a chocolate cake, an then repeatedly kicked you in the crotch afterwards. Would you say: "oh beautiful goddesses" smile, an proudly hold your chocolate cake in your arms? Because I don't think you would.

I am afraid I would...

I just LOVE chocolate cake! :drool:

Raistlin
10-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Leeza wins everything.

My mom's had only c-sections, and even those aren't pleasant at all.

Venom
10-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I dont think I can even imagine how hard and painful it must be to do something like Child birth...Although it makes me cringe watching child birth happen.

SammieBabe
10-04-2006, 11:28 PM
I think she should more than smack you. You make a lot of weird threads, but this one takes the cake. A guy with absolutely no knowledge or experience in a topic like childbirth has the gull to make such a statement as <i> why do women make such a fuss?</i> The pain of contractions is unbearable (nevermind the actually <i>popping</i> out of the baby), but of course, we really have no choice but to do just that...22 hours for me before having to have a C-section.

I was lucky enough to have short labors, but I also had two nine pound babies. (Yes, that's big, for those of you unfamiliar with babies). I also didn't have epidurals. Contractions are the most excruating thing a woman can endure, and I'm not going to get into how bad pushing hurts...
So when you can squeeze a pineapple through your nostril, we'll talk.

Roto13
10-04-2006, 11:31 PM
So when you can squeeze a pineapple through your nostril, we'll talk.

Were your babies spiney? :O

Decessus
10-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I was 10 pounds at birth and my mom's about 5 feet tall. Maybe shorter.

It was like fitting squeezing a bike through a bendy-straw.

I can't see the fuss at all.

Rase
10-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Devil Man was being very clever and very educational and reading yet another news paper today. Devil Man likes reading newspapers because it makes him feel very clever and intelligent (:spin:),
This made me laugh for quite a while.

Look, I will never have to go through childbirth, and I'm not going to give examples about how painful it it, because I honestly don't know of a good enough comparison. It sounds and seems to me to be one of those undescribable things in life (and this is assuming we're only talking about childbirth, not the "fun" stuff that a woman goes through the nine months before). So I guess I'll just end by saying you seem woefully ignorant of anything to do with the subject, and as such really shouldn't be complaining about it in any way.

Rye
10-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Oh no, I'm 5 feet tall. xD And for the record, my Mom had an emergency C-Section with me, but even THAT'S painful too. They cut into your skin while you're awake (with my Mom, they were like "WE'RE CUTTING INTO YOUR FIRST LAYER OF SKIN, MISS!" and she was like "Oh god, don't tell me! ;____;") and stick a huge needle into your spine and gaaah. ;__;

Decessus
10-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Oh no, I'm 5 feet tall. xD And for the record, my Mom had an emergency C-Section with me, but even THAT'S painful too. They cut into your skin while you're awake (with my Mom, they were like "WE'RE CUTTING INTO YOUR FIRST LAYER OF SKIN, MISS!" and she was like "Oh god, don't tell me! ;____;") and stick a huge needle into your spine and gaaah. ;__;

My mom didn't want to get a C-Section, so they took a plunger to my head. :(

The Devil Man
10-04-2006, 11:44 PM

Rye, you are truly awesome-sauce and just reading your Posts fills me with joy every sweet day... But I am sorry to hear of the agony of your mother :( At least she gave birth to something truly wonderous! :thumb: A Living, Breathing, Beautiful, Gorgeous Goddess of whom only the Legends tell Tales! :hyper:

sephirothishere
10-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Now... you must understand... Devil Man LOVES women! Yes! He adores women and thinks they are the greatest of all Mother Natures creations! Even better then chocolate cake!

chocolate cake is man made.....did you ever see a chocolate cake tree.....no....so there......hahahah......

A child is a gift of Mother Nature! You should pop out a baby with a smile on your face, oh beautiful goddesses! You should not whinge about how painful it is. You should go *pop!*, grin and hold baby proudly in your arms! ( A Devil Baby ---> )

even though i like your style....i have to disagree....so i dont get in trouble with the feminists in the forum...or dudes or jsu regular women.....but nevermind......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go witness a natural birth with no epidural. Then come back and tell me that birth isn't that painful
once i saw a video......of some chick givin birht.....most disgustin thing ever...........barf.....i like had no sex for like a week cuz i was so freaked out....so now i always wear like 10 condoms......

and when i emerged from the surface of the earth....i was 10 pounds 2 ounces or somthin...i dunno....defintely 10 though.....now im 165 pounds and countin....none of its fat though....im pretty ripped......i have perfectly chisselled abs.....hahahahahahaha......

yeh....so anyway.....childbirth barf.......and kids.....double barf.....i hate kids.....

here is a swell fellow
10-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Bunch of sissys. I can take it. I'm a MAN.

Decessus
10-05-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm a MAN.

You ARE? :eek:

Goldenboko
10-05-2006, 12:08 AM

Prepare for tons of users to be pissed at you.

Madame Adequate
10-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Because women, like all Humans, cry when they're in a lot of pain. Men cry if you put their nuts in a vice and tighten it but good. There's no shame in it.

Yes, it's a massive, incredible, unbelievable gift and I am infinitely envious of the capacity of women to bear children, but that doesn't make it less painful.

Me, I think nature laughs like a mad bastard with several thousand tons of dynamite every time a woman gives birth. I have NO idea how something so vital to our survival could be so damn painful.

('Course it could just be that women are weak, too, but they're allowed to bitch when you say stuff like that these days, so best to keep mum. :( )

Giga Guess
10-05-2006, 12:50 AM

You poor, poor thing. What do you want engraved on your tombstone?

To the topic...I'm sorry, but I can't even fathom what a woman has to go through to give birth. My unending respect goes out to mothers around the world.

10-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Also, isn't the way they deliver babies in the hospital not one of the most comfortable positions to be in when giving birth. I remember hearing that woman are situated the way they are for the doctor has a good vantage during the birth, but that it is not the most comfortable or easiest position. It could be wrong, after all it is heresay, but still it is interesting to think about it.

kikimm
10-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Leeza wins everything.

My mom's had only c-sections, and even those aren't pleasant at all.

3 c-sections for my mom, and when she had me she was in labor for over a day. And even though this doesn't have anything to do with the pains of childbirth DIRECTLY, when they were cutting into her the first time, the numbing stuff wasn't working so she could totally feel it.

Yeah I don't really get why you would make this topic. Do you LIKE being yelled at or something? Really asking for it here, and I think you know it. ;)

Shlup
10-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Besides the labor pains, other than stretching her priviacy areas to accomodate my entire body, the doctor had to cut with scissors my mother's vagina into the perenium. No anesthetic. That alone makes me grateful that she even bothered to birth me.

Miriel
10-05-2006, 02:13 AM
I swear to god, everyday I get more and more convinced that you're a second account. That first post was ridiculous.

*sits and stares*

KentaRawr!
10-05-2006, 02:14 AM
She can be happy about the baby itself. The problem is the time she is pregnant and the birth of the baby itself. There are probably VERY few women in the world who were or are pregnant that would tell themselves "Well, I'm gonna have a baby, so I guess it's worth it." :shifty:

Christmas
10-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Child Birth is not as simple as a Hen laying an egg. :(

Araciel
10-05-2006, 02:23 AM
they probably make such a fuss because it hurts

Arrianna
10-05-2006, 02:55 AM
20 hours of hard labor with pain killers that mearly dulled it slightly and oxegen so I wouldn't pass out. After awhile the pain just kinda merged together into one big experience.

They say the nearest men can come to the pain of child birth is passing a kidney stone.
We'll since I've never had a kidney stone I can't compare the two. I have heard that as well from doctors though. Has anyone passed a kidney stone who would like to share?

Miriel
10-05-2006, 03:20 AM
My Dad passed a kidney stone. He was in rather extraordinary pain. I was around 11 oe 12 at the time. I think he thought he was gonna die cause at one point he brought my brother and me into his hospital room and told us he loved us and stuff. <_<

Shlup
10-05-2006, 03:37 AM
My aunt-in-law or whatever has passed two. She said childbirth was still worse because it's more all-encompassing, while kidney stones are more concentrated in the affected areas.

Yamaneko
10-05-2006, 03:38 AM
Just take a Tylenol.

SammieBabe
10-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Just take a Tylenol.

*Punches Yams in the arm*

Jebus
10-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Considering what happens, I understand that it's painful, but what doesn't make sense to me is why women don't just load up on painkillers.

Considering the baby is being born, I don't think the placenta and all that is still connected to the woman's circulatory system, so the drugs wouldn't filter into it's body, right? I'm no biologist, so I really don't know.

Yamaneko
10-05-2006, 04:35 AM
Just take a Tylenol.

*Punches Yams in the arm*
...Advil? :confused:

Agent Proto
10-05-2006, 04:40 AM
You know, none of this would ever occur if babies do come from the stork. :D

SammieBabe
10-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Considering what happens, I understand that it's painful, but what doesn't make sense to me is why women don't just load up on painkillers.

Considering the baby is being born, I don't think the placenta and all that is still connected to the woman's circulatory system, so the drugs wouldn't filter into it's body, right? I'm no biologist, so I really don't know.

Actually the placenta is connected until birth. It still needs to provide the baby with oxygen. You can load up on certain painkillers as they don't pass through the placenta in the same quantities as others. Alot of women do load up and go almost completely numb, but you still feel the pressure and the contractions before the doctors load you up.

EDIT: *Punches Yams in the other arm*

Jebus
10-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Ah, I see.

Well, it's still better than pain all the way through, isn't it?

Shlup
10-05-2006, 04:51 AM
If you're all numb it's much harder to push, and greatly increases the risk of needing a c-section [read: surgery], so it's better to go without. Epidurals are a common way to dull the pain, but even those increase the risk of needing a c-section.

Christmas
10-05-2006, 04:52 AM
You know, none of this would ever occur if babies do come from the stork. :D

They doesn't? :(

fire_of_avalon
10-05-2006, 05:13 AM
This is pretty much the most ridiculous thing I've read on these forums in a long, long time. Devil Man, you can be annoyed all you like at these articles you're reading, but may I remind you that it is YOU who choose the media to take in, and YOU have the ultimate decision not to view these articles.

Saying a woman should "pop out a baby with a smile on their face" is one of the most ignorant and sexist things I've heard in my entire life. I think you have some serious respect issues, and you need to solve them pronto.

Marluxiaswife
10-05-2006, 05:23 AM
looks painfull and i don't want to go through that pain :(
cause of Adam and Eve, we got it from God on the Girls side.....
Eve ate the Apple God got mad we have painfull briths now :(

WHY EVE!!!!!!!

SammieBabe
10-05-2006, 05:36 AM
If you're all numb it's much harder to push, and greatly increases the risk of needing a c-section [read: surgery], so it's better to go without. Epidurals are a common way to dull the pain, but even those increase the risk of needing a c-section.

And the after effects can sometimes be felt for hours after. A friend of min was so loopy after she had an epidural that she couldn't even lift her arms to hold her daughter for hours unil the drugs wore off...

10-05-2006, 05:38 AM
My mo kinda had it lucky with me and my sister. I do not know how long she was in labour with my sister, but with me it was only 43 minutes.

ValkyrieWing
10-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Childbirth is TORTURE.

The pain simply cannot compare in any way...any man who says rthey could handle it, or dosen't think it's a big deal, is full of it. My friend nearly DIED giving birth.

Avarice-ness
10-05-2006, 06:36 AM
My sister gave birth to both my neices naturally (with out all the numby things) because the epideral (sp) needle scared the hell out of her.

She has a high pain tollerance because I remember her saying when she had my first neice "All these ladies were totally screaming and they had the epideral! I bet it was less pain not having it!"

I'd prolly have my baby naturally as well, no scarry needles for me. :razz:

ValkyrieWing
10-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Good luck with that...><

Rainecloud
10-05-2006, 06:47 AM
She has a high pain tollerance because I remember her saying when she had my first neice "All these ladies were totally screaming and they had the epideral! I bet it was less pain not having it!"

I remember my Mum telling me something similar to this. When she had me, she remembers all the other women around her in the ward screaming their lungs out. She, however, didn't scream and somehow managed to cope with the pain. Some of the other women were even grabbing the nurses, pleading with them to 'get the little £&*$'s out!'

I guess it shows how people cope with things differently.

Jojee
10-05-2006, 06:55 AM
I swear to god, everyday I get more and more convinced that you're a second account. That first post was ridiculous.

*sits and stares* Sometimes I wonder this too.... :p :p

Madame Adequate
10-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Childbirth is TORTURE.

The pain simply cannot compare in any way...any man who says rthey could handle it, or dosen't think it's a big deal, is full of it. My friend nearly DIED giving birth.

No, I'm sorry, but this does make me a bit annoyed. Any man who says it's not a big deal is an idiot, but any woman who says a man couldn't handle it is an idiot. It might be nice for women's egos to talk about how incredibly painful it is and how men would... (well, I don't know what they're supposed to do with the pain, catch fire?) but anyway, how men would not be able to handle it, but there are two points to make here. One: We don't know how well men could handle it because men don't give birth. Two: A lot of women don't seem able to handle it either, depending on how you define "handling it". Surgery, anaesthetic, screaming in pain for a very long time, none of those really seem like "handling it" too well to me. (Obviously sometimes surgery is required for other reasons.) Surviving something =! 'handling something' although I'm still not sure what you mean by that.

I don't like being told that I'm unable to be as competent at something simply because of my gender anymore than women like being told the same.

Roto13
10-05-2006, 12:29 PM
I don't like being told that I'm unable to be as competent at something simply because of my gender anymore than women like being told the same.

Sexism sucks. :P

Polaris
10-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Coz it hurts! duhhhh I'd like to see men pooping babies! :( U just say that (smiley face) coz u'll never have to give birth!

Roto13
10-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I'd like to see men pooping babies!

So would I. The ultimate constipation!

Ashi
10-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Why is this topic told in third person?

Pain and discomfort through 9 months and labour that could go for hours and hours (did I read 22 hours?) is, you know, kind of a big deal.

For some reason I feel the purpose of this topic is just to get people overly-excited and tense. :tongue:

Shaun
10-05-2006, 01:06 PM

I don't think women will feel too privileged to be better than chocolate cake. Plus, if they're better than all of "Mother Natures" creations, then why aren't you out finding some instead of posting about them on EoFF?

Fonzie
10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Hit the deck Devil Dude they know our ingorance. Anyways sorta a stupid thread too make...since you MUST of known you'd get shot by all our females here :p

ℓσ¢кнαятαиgєℓ
10-05-2006, 01:33 PM
childbirth is really painful for a woman. men dont understand what it feels like. the only thing that's painful for a man is having their balls kicked. i feel sorry for all the women that give birth to their kids, but thats life

Giga Guess
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Hit the deck Devil Dude they know our ingorance. Anyways sorta a stupid thread too make...since you MUST of known you'd get shot by all our females here :p

Not to mention a few that have endured childbirth, the most recent (That I'm aware of) being Sammiebabe.

Rase
10-05-2006, 02:43 PM
the only thing that's painful for a man is having their balls kicked.
Good to know. I'm going to go shoot myself in the hand with a nail gun now, since it won't hurt, plus I can make a few bucks in a bet.

Madame Adequate
10-05-2006, 03:13 PM
the only thing that's painful for a man is having their balls kicked.
Good to know. I'm going to go shoot myself in the hand with a nail gun now, since it won't hurt, plus I can make a few bucks in a bet.

I'll jump off the roof of a nine-story building. As long as I'm wearing a cup, it's cool, right?

Polaris
10-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Don't be like that :mad: Like men can't undestand what women feel when they give brith, we can't also understand what's the feeling of being kicked where hurts you more... :)

Hawkeye
10-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I would use words like 'miracle' and 'wonderful' for birth rather than 'pain' and 'anxiety.' Nobody likes to use those words.

bipper
10-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Does it really compare to the mental strain of raising the child :confused:

Miriel
10-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I would use words like 'miracle' and 'wonderful' for birth rather than 'pain' and 'anxiety.' Nobody likes to use those words.

I think babies are miracles and wonderful and amazing and their skin is super soft. But childbirth I think of as scary and painful and I don't wanna do it.

Peegee
10-05-2006, 04:02 PM
It would seem to me that it is very troublesome to have a child. So why complain and still do it (repeatedly afterwards)?

bipper
10-05-2006, 04:08 PM

I think babies are miracles and wonderful and amazing and their skin is super soft. But childbirth I think of as scary and painful and I don't wanna do it.

to quote my wife, "It was not so bad at all." She basically said that the pain is instant, and forgotten soon after. Especially when you hold your baby, she said it really nullifies any pain. Even long after pergnancy.

She also wanted to kick my ass cause my genetics gave our children my gargantuan head.

/bolros

Bipper

Shauna
10-05-2006, 05:04 PM
...I can't even think of a way to reply to this. -_- Although, what Leeza and Sammie said was good.

Leeza
10-05-2006, 05:14 PM

to quote my wife, "It was not so bad at all." She basically said that the pain is instant, and forgotten soon after. Especially when you hold your baby, she said it really nullifies any pain. Even long after pergnancy.

She also wanted to kick my ass cause my genetics gave our children my gargantuan head.

/bolros

Bipper

Your wife is one of the lucky ones if her pain was <i>instant</i>. I know a few women like that. Others are not so lucky. Like I said before, I had 22 hours of contraction pains before having to have an emergency C-section. I had nightmares about it for months afterwards and would wake up feeling the pain all over again. My 10 pound half ounce daughter was worth it all though.

Polaris
10-05-2006, 05:16 PM
yeah it's a moment of pain but then it desappears! :D And the result is worth! :)

Old Manus
10-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Ignore the haters Devil Man! I still love you!

Levian
10-05-2006, 05:37 PM
It's like ripping off a bandaid, only it's not a bandaid and it's coming out of your uterus slowly and painfully. So, I guess it's more like tearing out your eyeballs.

Christmas
10-05-2006, 06:06 PM

THIS CLOWN GOES OFF-TOPIC!!! :mad2:

bipper
10-05-2006, 06:09 PM

THIS CLOWN GOES OFF-TOPIC!!! :mad2:

GOES!?

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 07:18 PM
It's your own bloody fault. I mean really? How hard is it to LEAVE THE DAMN APPLES ALONE!

But seriously, I don't consider it the worst pain that humans can suffer. It's definitely high ranking, though, and I feel extraordinarily lucky that I'm a bloke.

SammieBabe
10-05-2006, 07:46 PM

/bolros

Bipper

I don't know about it "being not so bad", but it is easy to forget usually. Nothing beats the feeling of looking into your eyes and seeing a tiny hand with your fingers grasping your gargantuan finger.
And I wanted to kill hubbie for having a big head and broad shoulders too.:D
What Leeza went through is awful and I hate hearing women talk about having bad birth experiences. But again, in her own words, it is worth it...:)

Xander
10-05-2006, 07:58 PM
This thread has been pretty informative, and slightly amusing and most of all, it's put me off having kids more than I already was. XD I don't want that paaain. *scared* X_X

Mirage
10-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Someone told me it's comparable to /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out a brick.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I said that, but with a fridge instead of a brick.

Arrianna
10-05-2006, 09:41 PM

And the after effects can sometimes be felt for hours after. A friend of min was so loopy after she had an epidural that she couldn't even lift her arms to hold her daughter for hours unil the drugs wore off...
Or days. My mother suggested against them because she couldn't walk without help for two days. I've never had one but they gave me all the pain killers they could beside that and they did nearly squat. You would have thought I was a crack head. "I want more drugs! When can I have more?"

Childbirth is TORTURE.

No, I'm sorry, but this does make me a bit annoyed. Any man who says it's not a big deal is an idiot, but any woman who says a man couldn't handle it is an idiot.....

Understandable, but there is physiological facts that back it up. Womens bodies are made for childbirth and even then it's to much for some. Mens bodies just aren't made to handle it. But that's ok, you guys are made physically to be able to do alot of stuff we can't. I know alot of women who would like to trade you. Interested?

This thread has been pretty informative, and slightly amusing and most of all, it's put me off having kids more than I already was. XD I don't want that paaain. *scared* X_X...and that is why I wasn't the slightest bit interested in having children until I meet a man I wanted to have them with. IMO any female who fools around is an idiot who needs her head checked.

sephirothishere
10-05-2006, 10:57 PM
I'll jump off the roof of a nine-story building. As long as I'm wearing a cup, it's cool, righ

good one....hhehehehe.....im not sayin anythin.... : /........

Dr Unne
10-06-2006, 12:06 AM
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=26934

Women feel pain more than men despite the popular notion that the opposite is true, according to research.

One example of this is the different strategies men and women use to cope with pain. Whilst women tend to focus on the emotional aspects of pain they experience, men tend to focus on the sensory aspects, for example concentrating on the physical sensations they experience.

‘Our research has shown that whilst the sensory-focused strategies used by men helped increase their pain threshold and tolerance of pain, it was unlikely to have any benefit for women,' said Dr Keogh.

‘Women who concentrate on the emotional aspects of their pain may actually experience more pain as a result, possibly because the emotions associated with pain are negative.'

Dunno if it's true. I'm happy being male, either way.

Quindiana Jones
10-06-2006, 07:52 PM
My arse.

I don't feel pain because I have better things to do. I simply choose not to.

Renmiri
10-07-2006, 02:36 PM

Hint: MEN researchers. Probably dunces like Devilman too :p

Seriously, my sister passed a kidney stone the size of an olive and had an 8 lb ("easy") baby. She, like Sammiebabe, was adamant on not having any painkiller, to "feel the childbirth experience" or some romantic stuff like that. After passing a kidney stone that big, she thought she could handle anything... :rolleyes2

After the 5th hour of contractions she couldn't take it anymore. It was like "give me drugs now"! And guess what, she told me that even WITH the epidural painkiller childbirth hurt a lot more than her kidney stone.

I had epidural for all my 3 kids (are you nuts ? Why suffer pain you can avoid ?) but my first took 21 hours so the painkillers wore off. And it was too close to childbirth to take another dose :eep:
It hurts like hell! Feels like being ripped apart in half and having to be awake, helping the process. I wanted to beat up my husband into a pulp if he ever pointed "that thing" towards me again getting me pregnant. :tongue:

But Devilman does have a point. Holding your own kid in your arms after it does make it all worth it. So I apologized to hubby for being so grouchy and thanked him for his supporting role :greenie: I also had to ask forgiveness from my doctor for calling him a quack just because he wouldn't give me epidural #2 :rolleyes2 Hell hath no fury like a woman in labor! ;)

Add the end result - a baby - to the swirl of hormones you get during pregnancy and breastfeeding and sure enough, most of us women will be there 2-3 years later having another kid, completely forgetting how painful it was the first time! :love:

Arrianna
10-07-2006, 05:42 PM
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=26934

Women feel pain more than men despite the popular notion that the opposite is true, according to research.

One example of this is the different strategies men and women use to cope with pain. Whilst women tend to focus on the emotional aspects of pain they experience, men tend to focus on the sensory aspects, for example concentrating on the physical sensations they experience.

‘Our research has shown that whilst the sensory-focused strategies used by men helped increase their pain threshold and tolerance of pain, it was unlikely to have any benefit for women,' said Dr Keogh.

‘Women who concentrate on the emotional aspects of their pain may actually experience more pain as a result, possibly because the emotions associated with pain are negative.'
Hmmm... then there's this:
Chronic Pain (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&list_uids=14714446&dopt=Citation)

CONCLUSIONS: There are important gender differences in treatment-seeking patients with chronic pain. Males report higher levels of pain and disability, with reduced physical and psychological quality of life, as compared to females. These differences in treatment-seeking patients may reflect gender differences in treatment-seeking behavior.

So women are more likely to be afraid of pain itself making it worse and men are less likely to seek help when they are in pain making it worse.

tit for tat. ;)

After the 5th hour of contractions she couldn't take it anymore. It was like "give me drugs now"! And guess what, she told me that even WITH the epidural painkiller childbirth hurt a lot more than her kidney stone.I guess that answers the kidney stone question.

ShunNakamura
10-09-2006, 05:53 PM
When your in pain,do you have a smile on your face? If I gave you a chocolate cake, an then repeatedly kicked you in the crotch afterwards. Would you say: "oh beautiful goddesses" smile, an proudly hold your chocolate cake in your arms? Because I don't think you would.

Not ment for me but I will answer anyways :P. Answer is yes, as long as I still have my tolerance from my wrestling years anyways. Just trust me on that, I got insane pain tolerance when it comes to low blowing me. If you really want to make me cry give me a paper cut... those things HURT.

Both Dr Unne's and Arrianna's, I can easily believe both of those.

As for DevilMan....... whatever he is one must be quite strong.

Anaisa
10-09-2006, 06:18 PM

Not ment for me but I will answer anyways :P. Answer is yes, as long as I still have my tolerance from my wrestling years anyways. Just trust me on that, I got insane pain tolerance when it comes to low blowing me. If you really want to make me cry give me a paper cut... those things HURT.

Both Dr Unne's and Arrianna's, I can easily believe both of those.

As for DevilMan....... whatever he is one must be quite strong.I think it would be highly improbable that anybody could take me kicking them for the length of time I'm capable of doing it. My average days exercise involves me practising my kicks repetitively for at least half an hour. An that's not me exerting myself! So whoever excepted my challenge, would be getting kicked for half an hour repeatedly at the least.

Drift
10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
as a guy i dont know what this feels like so i'm making crap up but you try crapping something the size of a baby out of you and you'll probably find why girls scream and stuff while giving birth

~SapphireStar~
10-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I'll let you know in 10 years time!

Quindiana Jones
10-09-2006, 07:28 PM

Have you ever got your head stuck in a door, and tried to escape by walking through the gap? Imagine how the door feels :bigsmile:

Vincent, Thunder God
10-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Tsk tsk Devil Man.

I will never really know what women go through when having a baby because I'm a guy.

What I do know is that the millions of women that complain about the horrible pains of child birth cannot be wrong. The pain can be compared to a man trying to void a football. It would be very very painful.

Given that comparison, it amazes me, Devil Man, that you would be so immature to not understand how terrible it would be. It would be very difficult to smile, as you say, during that process. The miracle of life is not about physical beauty, least of all during birth. Women have to go through periods, birth itself and later menopause just to keep our race alive. Your mother did the same. Life is beautiful in this way, not through physical beauty.

It makes Devil Man appreciate the beauty of women a little bit less.

If anything it should make you appreciate them more. Women go through all this pain to keep the human race alive. Yet here you are, selfish enough to feel that women are less beautiful because they can't smile while they are trying to push out a 5 pound living organism through a small passage.

They smile enough after. They went through all that to have a child to love and nurture; that is beautiful enough. They don't need to smile while going through one of the most painful things possible.

Mirage
10-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Maybe we should tie a rope to the father's balls, and he mother would pull it each time it hurts. That way, men will get more into it!

ShunNakamura
10-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I think it would be highly improbable that anybody could take me kicking them for the length of time I'm capable of doing it. My average days exercise involves me practising my kicks repetitively for at least half an hour. An that's not me exerting myself! So whoever excepted my challenge, would be getting kicked for half an hour repeatedly at the least.

Well being kicked 'anywhere' for half an hour straight is going to induce a little bit of pain at least(depending on various factors such as kicker's strength/skill, defenders pain resistance/physical endurance). I figured since you mentioned the groin that you meant multiple times in a specific region(as in 10 kicks give or take 5, which I have taken from my brother[12kicks I think] before, no biggie there).

As for being kicked for half an hour. If the kicker has any muscle at all the person being kicked should need hospital care after words. I know that after half an hour of being kicked by me most people would not be left standing(unless they were defending themself; as in mitigating the damage per kick to almost anything, but if that is allowed I will stand again by my statement that you are free to kick me for as long as you like :P, if I can mitigate, you will just end up tiring yourself).

Hmm... as to mirage's statement.... I fear that could cut off circulation... which would be BAD. may or may not hurt, but it could cause permanant damage :P.

How about we just create a pain transfer allocation device to shift pain from one person to the next. Then you could get all your women freinds who are pregnant to shift the pain to DevilMan :P. Just imagine if two or three were birthing at once :P.

Anaisa
10-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Well being kicked 'anywhere' for half an hour straight is going to induce a little bit of pain at least(depending on various factors such as kicker's strength/skill, defenders pain resistance/physical endurance). I figured since you mentioned the groin that you meant multiple times in a specific region(as in 10 kicks give or take 5, which I have taken from my brother[12kicks I think] before, no biggie there).

As for being kicked for half an hour. If the kicker has any muscle at all the person being kicked should need hospital care after words. I know that after half an hour of being kicked by me most people would not be left standing(unless they were defending themself; as in mitigating the damage per kick to almost anything, but if that is allowed I will stand again by my statement that you are free to kick me for as long as you like :P, if I can mitigate, you will just end up tiring yourself).No, that isn't allowed, since the point is enduring pain. If it's not painful that would defeat the objective. An they wouldn't be left standing after one kick, let alone half an hours worth. But that's no problem, I have no scruples about kicking people when their down. An as for mitigating an tiring me out, with my training, that would be highly unlikely to happen.

How about we just create a pain transfer allocation device to shift pain from one person to the next. Then you could get all your women freinds who are pregnant to shift the pain to DevilMan :P. Just imagine if two or three were birthing at once :PIf only we had the technology!

Rase
10-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Maybe we should tie a rope to the father's balls, and he mother would pull it each time it hurts. That way, men will get more into it!
That reminds me of an article (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/15326273.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp) Dave Barry wrote one time. Specifically this part:

My wife thinks the only fair system would be if, every time the woman had a contraction, she got to hit her husband on the body part of her choice with a ball-peen hammer. Of course, she is kidding. But only because her contractions have not yet started.

In case some of you don't know what a ball-peen hammer is, wonder no more (http://www.toolweb.com/pics/KTI71708.jpg)!

SammieBabe
10-10-2006, 01:16 AM
[ She, like Sammiebabe, was adamant on not having any painkiller, to "feel the childbirth experience" or some romantic stuff like that. After passing a kidney stone that big, she thought she could handle anything... :rolleyes2

I couldn't have an epidural actually. The first time the doctor refused to give it to me because he thought I was allergic to one of the drugs in it. Second time, it just happened to fast to get one. I went from three cm to seven cm in an hour. An hour later my son was born. I did have IV drugs, which don't do much but make you sleepy between contractions.
I just liked being in control of my labor. I was able to tell them what I felt, and when I needed to push, and etc. I'm just a control freak...:p

Renmiri
10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
I couldn't have an epidural actually. The first time the doctor refused to give it to me because he thought I was allergic to one of the drugs in it. Second time, it just happened to fast to get one. I went from three cm to seven cm in an hour. An hour later my son was born. I did have IV drugs, which don't do much but make you sleepy between contractions.
I just liked being in control of my labor. I was able to tell them what I felt, and when I needed to push, and etc. I'm just a control freak...:p

Well, yes, 2nd and 3rd time were much faster. But having had my first without the epidural (it wore off) and the other two with it, I'd say control, schmoe, give me drugs!!! :p

But even the first, which hurt a lot more, was 100% worth it the minute I held my little girl :love: :love: :love:

The Devil Man
10-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Devil Man learnt alot from this Thread...

And he learnt...

Child-Birth probably isn't as he thought it was.

So thank you educating him, some of you beautiful goddesses :)

Thank you!

OUTSIDER17000
10-28-2006, 07:09 PM

A child is a gift of Mother Nature! You should pop out a baby with a smile on your face, oh beautiful goddesses! You should not whinge about how painful it is. You should go *pop!*, grin and hold baby proudly in your arms! ( A Devil Baby ---> :radred: )

may sound crazy, but you stay up really late sometimes dont you?

daggertrepe
10-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Because our womanly parts are being stretched to have a huge thing come out. Why else?

OUTSIDER17000
10-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Because our womanly parts are being stretched to have a huge thing come out. Why else?
womanly parts? funny way of saying it! ha!

Old Manus
10-28-2006, 07:42 PM

And he learnt...

Thank you!Backpeddling

Elite Lord Sigma
10-28-2006, 08:25 PM
I usually am one of the least feminist chicks I know, but you try popping one out. A bowling ball through a hose, the analogy is, I think? It's EXTREMELY painful, and if I ever do have I child, I demand that I am so high on painkilling drugs during it that I don't even know my own name. I have a terrible tolerance for pain. ;___;

But anyways, maybe women cry because it IS painful? A woman has to suffer backpains, morning sickness, breast pain, lots of hormones, and other general discomforts for 9 months, so they can whine all they want about popping the babies out.

The analogy I once saw used for the same event was "bowling ball through a keyhole."

Giga Guess
10-28-2006, 10:11 PM

And he learnt...

Thank you!

D'you make a beeping sopund when you backpedal like that? :p

fantasyjunkie
10-29-2006, 06:14 AM
For fear of having my beautiful 17" monitor smashed into a million tiny pieces, I will not let my wife see this thread ;)

Mum
10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Ahh, childbirth...those were the days.

When I was pregnant for the first time, my church friends were also pregnant for the first time and when I went and saw one of them after she gave birth I asked what it was like and she looked at me and smiled and said, "It's just like sh*tting a pumpkin." Well, I obviously had this to look forward to.

After being sick approx 12-13 times a day for 9 months, I was in labour with Nikki for 24 hours of intense pain after which I had an episiotomy and she was a forcepts delivery (just like popping a cork out of a bottle). She had marks on her head and face for days. I was exhausted, and very very hungry!

I was only sick for 7 months of pregnancy when carrying Daniel. Even though he was a week early, he mucked about and couldn't be bothered coming out until I got angry and forced him out after 36 hours of labour! (Nothing chnages really does it!)

In summary, I loved being pregnant (despite being so ill), I loved being in labour (despite the extreme pain) and I love my kids (despite everything!) So Devil Man, yes, it does hurt, but as soon as the pumpkin is through, the pain stops and the loving and smiling and crying and exhaustion starts.

Childbirth is painful, but very rewarding. Its the years afterwards they get you - a bit like Chinese water torture. I have a lovely saying, carved in wooden hearts, on my wall: "Raising kids is like being pecked to death by a duck"!

But boy, I like being a grandmother now! All love and no exhaustion! Its like getting a baby for nothing!

Anyway, come on, everyone, Devil Man is just saying controversial stuff to wind us up. Very interesting thread, though.

NINJA_Ryu
10-29-2006, 11:10 PM

lol, if a pop takes a good multi hours to accomplish, mother nature must be sllloooowww.....

but yea, from what i understand of how a babys head has to keep rotating around the womans pelvis and other areas, not to mention the babys shoulders, there is a reason why the wife has a death look on her husband.

She is secretly communicating" o you mother:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: why o why did i sleep with you that one night in Vegas? RAARRR!!!!!!"

Chemical
10-30-2006, 05:32 AM
I can't even believe this thread exists.

Yamaneko
10-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Must be that feeble female brain of yours.

boys from the dwarf
10-30-2006, 07:46 AM
ugh. just when i thought devil man had left us alone.

how could you be so insensitive? have you ever gone through the pain of childbirth? im a guy but i understand that 9 months of annoyances and the pain of childbirth is more pain than most men suffer.

Chemical
10-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Must be that feeble female brain of yours.

That's why they revoked my voting rights and threw me in a kitchen.

theundeadhero
10-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Could you make me a sandwhich? I'll even let you decide if I should get bologna or ham.

The Devil Man
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
ugh. just when i thought devil man had left us alone.

how could you be so insensitive? have you ever gone through the pain of childbirth? im a guy but i understand that 9 months of annoyances and the pain of childbirth is more pain than most men suffer.

Devil Man is sad you don't want him here :(

But don't worry! Devil Man knows you don't really mean it :) He forgives you!

And how is Devil Man insensitive? Did you not read my Post a few Posts ago? He has apologised to ALL beautiful goddesses for his comments! He realises the pain they go through must be quite... ummm... painful! And is now thankful for the hard work they go through in giving birth :roll:

Thank you again! :spin:

sephirothishere
10-30-2006, 08:42 PM
..yeh...well..i jus did that gettin a bowlin ball through a key hole thing(literally..)....and when a women can do that....(it takes alot of upper body strength...)..then they can complain...hahaha....

NINJA_Ryu
10-31-2006, 12:49 AM
That reminds me of an article (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/15326273.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp) Dave Barry wrote one time. Specifically this part:

My wife thinks the only fair system would be if, every time the woman had a contraction, she got to hit her husband on the body part of her choice with a ball-peen hammer. Of course, she is kidding. But only because her contractions have not yet started.

In case some of you don't know what a ball-peen hammer is, wonder no more (http://www.toolweb.com/pics/KTI71708.jpg)!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: *hides from female race forever*

Lord Xehanort
10-31-2006, 01:16 AM

Lord Xehanort would like to know why Devil Man makes such ridiculous threads when the answers are obvious.

Lord Xehanort thinks we should stuff a twenty pound parasite into Devil Man and make Devil Man force it out HIS peehole, and tell him he can't whine about pain.

Lord Xehanort thinks that, being a man, Lord Xehanort can never understand the agony of childbirth, unless Lord Xehanort develops a rather large kidney stone and passes it.

Christmas
07-10-2023, 02:21 PM
HAHAHA, THE SHITTY THREADS BACK THOSE DAYS