PDA

View Full Version : Oh color!

Rye
10-05-2006, 12:19 AM
A dull insipid paper lay infront of me, yet full of promising results. Background sounds of the American Revolutions floated about, but only one thing was on my mind. I opened my purse, full of excitment and ambition. I pull out one object, but this one object in my hand was just what I wanted. A contrast from the black and white infront of me, and I held it in my palm. Slash, slash, with finesse! Color spread about the paper, bleeding onto the desk. Inhaling the vaguely citrus scent that filled the air around the paper and my chromatic tool, I continued my work, until, there! It was complete, perfect. Anything else would be superfluous. I took in the aroma of my creation, the color of blooming springtime...

My History classwork was highlighted a beautiful green. It smelled like lime. :bigsmile:

Topic: Do you like highlighters?

Madame Adequate
10-05-2006, 12:21 AM
I like the way the blasphemous 'u' is absent from 'color' :jess:

Highlighters are broadly overrated, although they have their place.

Raistlin
10-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Wesley says:
I bet you sniff your markers

Ryechu // So let's turn this room into a pirate ship and plunder each other says:
... I do :(

That's all that needs to be said here.

Tavrobel
10-05-2006, 12:25 AM
No, because every time those blasphemous and overrated markers touch those fine tree fibers, it reduces the resale value of my book by 50%. I prefer writing, oral quizzing, and repetition. You never know what to expect in an AP History class.

Captain Maxx Power
10-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Highlighters I'm not a fan of. I prefer to underline important points. It means I don't have to keep switching writing implements.

Decessus
10-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Sniffers.

Christmas
10-05-2006, 02:52 AM
I like anything that Rye like and I HATE anything that LITTLE MANUS like. :bigsmile:

Miriel
10-05-2006, 03:25 AM
I love highlighters! Highlighters and sharpie pens are amoung my favoritest things ever.

Araciel
10-05-2006, 03:26 AM
I like the way the blasphemous 'u' is absent from 'color' :jess:

dissentor :P

Faris
10-05-2006, 03:51 AM
I can't use highlighters. I have a hard time reading what I highlight after I highlight it.

The colours for it are :( too.

rubah
10-05-2006, 04:01 AM
http://snowy-day.net/stuff/lessonbeforedying.jpg

Done in highlighters!

mooglebunni608
10-05-2006, 04:40 AM
I like how they smell ^_^

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-05-2006, 05:01 AM
I only mark in course packs. I use lead pencil, underlining stuff and marking off beginnings and endings of important passages and write notes on the side margins. Highlighters are not my thing, plus I go overboard with them.

fire_of_avalon
10-05-2006, 05:16 AM
I have blue, purple, orange, pink, green and the weird highlighter yellow.

Xaven
10-05-2006, 06:11 AM
They're okay. I prefer underlining and stuff, because it's not very nice when your paper's soaked in ink. :o

Rainecloud
10-05-2006, 06:41 AM
I like highlighters and use them every day at work.

My favourites are yellow, pink and orange. :up:

Reine
10-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Highlighter colours are ebil. Plus, the colour is near impossible to see at night (I have a neon light in my room so this doesnt affect me)

Breine
10-05-2006, 11:10 AM
I guess I like them, but I hardly ever use them. Maybe it's because I forget that I have one, but who knows?

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Let's take "u"'s out of words for no reason, even thogh they shold be there! Yey!

I hate yor version of the proper langage. Bt anyway, I like highlighters. The coloUrs make me happy inside :bigsmile:

Chloe.
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM
I love highlighters!! Today I drew a carrot on my hand with an orange highlighter. :bigsmile:

Resha
10-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I love highlighters! Highlighters and sharpie pens are amoung my favoritest things ever.

I agree. I have like seven highlighters minimum and one thick black Sharpie in my schoolbag at all times. Life without them is...

...inconceivable.

Rye
10-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Exactly. I cannot leave my home without a big thick Sharpie marker. Infact, I need MORE. In every color. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 08:05 PM
They don't sell Quin coloured highlighters....

Xander
10-05-2006, 08:54 PM
I have these yummy cute highlighters that smell of strawberry and banana, they smell soooo nice. They have cute animals on too. I think I just coloured my nose.. ;_;

Ashi
10-05-2006, 09:44 PM
I like highlighters. I get a set of 5 per year. By the end of the year, they've usually either dried up or got lost in the whole mysterious disappearing pencil case ordeal. I mostly use them in English class but there were occasions where I've used them in other classes as well. I even use them to highlight stuff in exams, especially when there's a lot to read.

I used to have a set of 5 hello kitty highlighters that smelled like fruits. Like the orange one smelled like orange, the purple one smelled like grape, and so on. I still have them but they don't work anymore! I haven't held up my current highlighters anywhere near my face so I dunno what they smell like. I don't reckon it would be a very pleasant smell...

sephirothishere
10-05-2006, 10:54 PM
only chicks like highlighters...in my experience...

Quindiana Jones
10-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Then your experience is wrong.

Madame Adequate
10-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Let's take "u"'s out of words for no reason, even thogh they shold be there! Yey!

I hate yor version of the proper langage. Bt anyway, I like highlighters. The coloUrs make me happy inside :bigsmile:

Actually, I just object to entirely redundant 'u's which have no bearing, whatsoever, at all, in any manner, on the pronunciation of a word.

AdVenT
10-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I felt kinda aroused half-way in...

Jowy
10-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I prefer having books where everything you'll need for the class already highlighted, as opposed to highlighting yourself.

Going hogwild with a highlighter is pretty fun though.

Quindiana Jones
10-07-2006, 12:10 PM

Actually, I just object to entirely redundant 'u's which have no bearing, whatsoever, at all, in any manner, on the pronunciation of a word.

I know :bigsmile:. I just like mocking you tee hee hee.