PDA

View Full Version : questions

jammi567
10-05-2006, 07:42 AM
any tips for the battle arena, as i always seem to lose.

also, i found ultima weopn, fought it, but then accidently pressed the triangle button to get back into the airship. now i can't seen to find it anywhere.

Zechs
10-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Basicly prepare with a ribbon for the status, take good magic for some irritating matches, start with a limit, and mime if you have it. W-item helps for multiple items in a dire situation.

vorpal blade
10-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Get strong. That's about all that's really necessary. But I usually equip a Ribbon, Restore materia (for Regen, it'll carry over to other matches), Final Attack+Phoenix/Revive.

Also, I like to put it on autopilot by using Vincent's limit break. Risky, as you can't heal after that, but it keeps me from having to keep pushing buttons all the time.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Ultima Weapon advice. He hangs around Mideel, Cosmo Canyon, Midgar, Wutai?, or a the Northern Cave. If you can't find him, just land, do something else, and then go back.

eestlinc
10-05-2006, 09:33 AM
for the battle arena, have a versatile character that can do a lot of damage with a physical weapon and also a few good magic and summon attacks so that you can afford to break a few types of materia and/or your weapon and still have good attacks.

double cut materia is also really useful. also be sure to bring a lot of regenerative items in case you lose magic abilities, and of course to replenish your mp.

the ribbon is useful in negating status effects, but most of those slots aren't too tough to overcome with items, so the tetra-elemental can also be a great accessory since it can really protect and heal you from a wide variety of magic attacks.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-05-2006, 10:41 AM
for battle arena, i use a ribbon, restore magic, time magic (haste helps a lot) but don't use too much materia as u'l want to keep ur health up. used long range materia to keep on the back row and recieve less damage whilst dealing the same damage. chances r if u can't do it u don't hav final attack or mime and things but this setup should work fine

BG-57
10-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I use Ribbon, Haste and 2X Cut Materia. Slash-All materia is only effective against groups. In addition, I also equip an E. Skill materia and cast Big Guard in the first round. Helps a lot.

jammi567
10-05-2006, 12:55 PM
ok.how do you get: mime, w-item, final attack+phionix/revive, double cut, tetra-elementral, 2x cut, slash-all, and big guard. :p

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-05-2006, 06:54 PM
mime - breed a black chocbo and look in one of the hiden caves (can't remember which one :D)
w-item - return to midgar mission. if u missed it then tough luck. wen u get onto the train tracks keep running down until u come to a dead-end and its there
final attack - a prize for beating special battle arena. u won't have that yet.
phoenix - succeed in the mandatory fort condor mission.
double cut - can't remember :D
2x cut - this is double cut materia
slash-all - ancient forest. defeat ultima weapon and it will create a path up onto the mountain near cosmo canyon.
big guard - i think u get this from behemoth in northern cave but someone will have to confirm this

jammi567
10-05-2006, 09:09 PM
that for that help, but i don't need it anymore, because i beat it this evening.

now i just need to find ultimate wepon to use my new level 4 limit break on....

jammi567
10-06-2006, 10:10 PM
How much hp does ultama wepon have?

TheSpoonyBard
10-06-2006, 11:19 PM

jammi567
10-07-2006, 10:02 AM
:eek: because it says elsewhere that he only has 10,000 hp.

Enjolras
10-07-2006, 11:05 AM
The Hp doesn't really matter a helluva lot, as he will usually run away after a few hits. Once you see him floating above Cosmo Canyon, you will know you have his HP low enough for him to stay and try and finish you off. But i'm fairly sure Endless is right, and he has 100,000HP.

Anniexo
10-07-2006, 11:44 PM
since this thread is called question i won't be going off topic so has any one gotten Aeris to level 99?

Xurts
10-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Another favorable combination is Added Effect + Hades. A bunch of Counter materia work well too.

eestlinc
10-08-2006, 02:37 AM
since this thread is called question i won't be going off topic so has any one gotten Aeris to level 99?
Actually that is going off topic. If you want to discuss levelling Aeris to 99 you should make a new thread.

Ryushikaze
10-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Rule one of Ultima weapon- Steal steal steal.
Rule Two- Make sure you learn shadow flare from him, unless you wanna wait til disc 3 to get it.