PDA

View Full Version : Does killing Rats count as Animal Cruelty?

The Devil Man
10-05-2006, 11:33 AM
There are many animals that your friendly, neighbourhood Devil Man not only loves, but truly adores. He is a great animal lover!

He loves kitty cats (meow), doggy woggies (woof, woof!), chickens (yum! :drool:), cows (moo!), parrots, hamsters, rabbits, horses, Ninja's, goats, sheep, bears, lions, tigers, yeti's, Big Foot...

All animals! He loves all of Mother Natures creations, truly! :hyper: And he is a great believer in Animal Rights too, and totally supports the rights of, umm, animals...

Except for one :radred:

I totally hate, hate, HATE Rats! Totally hate them! I want to butcher every rat on this planet because they are just filthy scum-bags! They carry diseases, they are ugly and they stink. I wish death and destruction upon every Rat in the universe.

However, my topic is: does killing rats count as Animal Cruelty?

Because Devil Man likes to be called an Animal Lover (and many women have indeed called him that ;) ) yet does his desire to annhilate Rats mean he is actually cruel to some animals? :(

Discuss!

Loony BoB
10-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Rats don't have feelings. Well, if you cut their head off, they don't, anyway.

Breine
10-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Yes it does. Killing any animal is without a doubt animal cruelty. No question.

Christmas
10-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Please dun kill LITTLE MANUS. :(

Reine
10-05-2006, 11:52 AM
I dislike rats and mice. Especially as theres a resident mouse in our house that annoys me to no end.

But rats are just evil

Paro
10-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Rats have a significant impact on food production. Estimates vary, but it is likely that anything between 1/5 and 1/3 of the world's total food output is eaten, spoiled or destroyed by rats and other rodents.

It's cruel to keep food from peoples mouths.

I Am Stoner
10-05-2006, 12:02 PM
I like field mice, they are so small and cute and fluffy. AAAWWWWW!!!!:D :love: :D :love: But rats. *Shiver* when I was a kid I hated rats after I heard what happened in the black plague. They carry dieseases, they spread bactirea, they squeal so damn fucking much!!!! I HATE THEM!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!!!

Polaris
10-05-2006, 12:05 PM
field mice Yeah they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable I always wanted to have one but my parents don't let me :mad: my grandmother hates them! :D

Rats I have nothing against them! ^^ But I wouldn't adopt them! ;) and don't kill them :mad2:

Levian
10-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Not if it's self-defence or nobody saw it.

Roto13
10-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Rats are awesome. >_> My initials are R.A.T.. I can see killing anything that's infesting your house, though. Just don't, like, step on some rat you see in the streets. :P

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Considering how rats outnumbered the human race by LOADS, I have no objection to killing to odd one or two. Also, BUBONIC PLAGUE, PEOPLE! BUBONIC!

bipper
10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Considering how rats outnumbered the human race by LOADS, I have no objection to killing to odd one or two. Also, BUBONIC PLAGUE, PEOPLE! BUBONIC!

WErd up thugg deala. Rats are diseased freaks who need to feel our AMERICAN CRUSADE~! When the military gets back from Iraq, those dirty rats (pun completely intended) are all going down!

bipper

Resha
10-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes! But killing cockroaches...isn't. :shifty:

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM
My dad's friend once crushed a cockroach and smoked it. Survive that, bitch.

Leeza
10-05-2006, 07:20 PM
If you kill them humanely, it does not count towards animal cruelty. If you don't, then it does. Just like any other animal.

Resha
10-05-2006, 07:21 PM

That man is a God, whoever he is. A God.

Also -- PIED PIPER PLZ!

Fire_Emblem776
10-05-2006, 08:00 PM

That man is a God, whoever he is. A God.

Also -- PIED PIPER PLZ!

killing any animal that we think is cute is cruelty.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Good job rats are skanky, then.

Ender
10-05-2006, 08:19 PM
What about rats with wings (http://www.vhf-group.com/vhfInterservice/Wallpaper/1600x1200/Pigeons.jpg)?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=15815109&dopt=Abstract

Most people absolutely adore pigeons (I blame Bert (http://msfcontent.mqube.us/Preview/Images/128x128_colour_PNG/69710.jpg) on Sesame Street). Most people should thus share equal outrage when harming rats is being discussed as when it's pigeons.

BTW, I hate both vile disgusting creatures and wish the world were rid of them.

fire_of_avalon
10-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Rats are awesome. >_> My initials are R.A.T.. I can see killing anything that's infesting your house, though. Just don't, like, step on some rat you see in the streets. :P

If you kill them humanely, it does not count towards animal cruelty. If you don't, then it does. Just like any other animal.

Yes and yes.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I think that if you're gonna kill em, kill em Monty Python style.

Yuffie514
10-07-2006, 01:14 AM
the only thing i prefer not to be lenient to are cockroaches. besides, i've never had a rodent (except a hamster) roam around my house so i never killed one...

nik0tine
10-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Killing something because you hate it pretty much defines cruelty.

Ashley Schovitz
10-07-2006, 09:43 PM
It's not if their invading your territory.

Evastio
10-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Killing rats is okay if they're diseasing your territory and/or property with their presence.

Otherwise killing them is a bit unneccessary and cruel.

fantasyjunkie
10-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Any rat or mouse that finds it's way on my private property dies. End of story.

Captain Maxx Power
10-07-2006, 10:41 PM
It's only cruel if you say it is. Cruel's a purely human perspective. Animals only understand pain and respond to that accordingly. It's how I justify punting small dogs over bypasses.

KentaRawr!
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Well, a rat is an animal, and being cruel to it is cruelty. Just because you don't like them doesn't really change that. o_o

Anaisa
10-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Unless you're Killing the Rat for its own good, it isn't humane. Killing Rats because you don't like them,does count as animal cruelty. It's an animal, an you're being cruel to it.

Lawr
10-07-2006, 11:14 PM
WErd up thugg deala. Rats are diseased freaks who need to feel our AMERICAN CRUSADE~! When the military gets back from Iraq, those dirty rats (pun completely intended) are all going down!

Rofl to no end.

DarkLadyNyara
10-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Unless you're Killing the Rat for its own good, it isn't humane. Killing Rats because you don't like them,does count as animal cruelty. It's an animal, an you're being cruel to it.

Exactly. Yes, rats can be pests, but that doesn't mean you should kill them all. And what about pet rats, hmm?

fantasyjunkie
10-08-2006, 03:53 AM

bipper

I laughed for a good long time after reading this :D

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-08-2006, 03:57 AM
Rats and mice are so cute! How can you think of killing them?! But seriously, they are animals, so that constitutes as animal cruelty. Can't exclude them, just like we can't exclude minorities (cough* me).

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2006, 10:05 AM
So is killing humans animal cruelty?

KentaRawr!
10-08-2006, 12:29 PM
So is killing humans animal cruelty?

Yeah, but we position ourselves above all other creatures, so we just say cruelty.

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Ah yes.

Drift
10-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Every time you kill a rat another american wont get their super-sized burger

Rinion
10-08-2006, 06:57 PM
No, that is not animal cruelty. Dog fighting is animal cruelty. Forgetting to feed one's adorable pet... five times is animal cruelty. Tying those little sandbags to kitten's feet can be classified as animal cruelty, regardless of how completely hysterical it is.

Killing rats is not animal cruelty.
---
We kill animals every day for food, and this is not animal cruelty? But killing rats to berid yourself of a pest problem is?

Anaisa
10-08-2006, 06:59 PM
No, that is not animal cruelty. Dog fighting is animal cruelty. Forgetting to feed one's adorable pet... five times is animal cruelty. Tying those little sandbags to kitten's feet can be classified as animal cruelty, regardless of how completely hysterical it is.

---
We kill animals every day for food, and this is not animal cruelty? But killing rats to berid yourself of a pest problem is?

Killing animals every day for food, is animal cruelty. As is killing rats because you consider them a pest.

KentaRawr!
10-08-2006, 07:15 PM

---

If I killed a dog because I considered it a pest, wouldn't that be animal cruelty?

Rinion
10-08-2006, 07:19 PM
That depends. If it is my dog, regardless if it is cruelty or not, I will kill -you-.

If it is another dog, and the problem is severe enough to resort to that, then no; I don't think it would be.

McLovin'
10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
http://www.uploadimage.info/images/2130ratty.JPG

Its all clear.

Vikeve
10-08-2006, 08:02 PM
In New York city for every one person there are 10 rats! Thats so nasty!

Kizule
10-08-2006, 08:08 PM
If you so much as poked one of my pet rats, I'd sue your ass off. Then I'd kill you, mash you into a pulp, and feed it to them. Actually, your pulp would probably make them sick, plus they wouldn't like it as much as their salads andyogurt treats. So I'd just throw it out. And all the money I got from my lawsuit I'd spend on toys and treats for my little baby boys. They are so cute, and nice, and lovable, and adorable, and little babies who love their mommy. Yes they do! *snuggles ratties*

Gryphon and Wyrm > All you bastards

So next time you harm a little baby rattie (or an old rattie. Or a sick rattie. Or a pest of a rattie), remember.... YOU WILL GO TO HELL.

Thank you.

:D

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm going to Hell anyway, might as well travel first class.

Lawr
10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Pet rats my arse.

Mirage
10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
For me, it's simple. Rats have a negative effect on my territory (by consuming my food and spreading diseases/germs). By killing the ones invading my territory, I fix this problem. I think this is pretty natural behaviour.
Other than that, I really dont care what the rats do, and I definitely don't consider keeping your own house clean as animal cruelty. Stomping random rats out in the woods would be, though.

Reles
10-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Cruelty involves some sort of cruel act, like severing someone's head or ripping their fingernails off, not quicklly and painlessly killing something. If it's quick and it isn't someone elses pet then go for it. Plus if you're that worried about it, pick it up and put it elsewhere.

sephirothishere
10-08-2006, 11:18 PM
killing is wrong........get with it....

NorthernChaosGod
10-09-2006, 12:49 AM
No, rats don't count.

Fire_Emblem776
10-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Rats can be cute.

Fonzie
10-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Rats are communists :mad2:

Mogi
10-09-2006, 05:55 AM
If someone else is killing them, I couldn't care less. I mean, I hate them as well, but I could never take the life of anything... except bugs... ants to be more specific. (Killing ants + offtopic = fun)

Xaven
10-09-2006, 06:19 AM
For me, it's simple. Rats have a negative effect on my territory (by consuming my food and spreading diseases/germs). By killing the ones invading my territory, I fix this problem. I think this is pretty natural behaviour.
Other than that, I really dont care what the rats do, and I definitely don't consider keeping your own house clean as animal cruelty. Stomping random rats out in the woods would be, though.

Cruelty involves some sort of cruel act, like severing someone's head or ripping their fingernails off, not quicklly and painlessly killing something. If it's quick and it isn't someone elses pet then go for it. Plus if you're that worried about it, pick it up and put it elsewhere.
Yup.

The Bach Man
12-08-2008, 02:36 PM
There are many animals that your friendly, neighbourhood Devil Man not only loves, but truly adores. He is a great animal lover!

He loves kitty cats (meow), doggy woggies (woof, woof!), chickens (yum! :drool:), cows (moo!), parrots, hamsters, rabbits, horses, Ninja's, goats, sheep, bears, lions, tigers, yeti's, Big Foot...

All animals! He loves all of Mother Natures creations, truly! :hyper: And he is a great believer in Animal Rights too, and totally supports the rights of, umm, animals...

Except for one :radred:

I totally hate, hate, HATE Rats! Totally hate them! I want to butcher every rat on this planet because they are just filthy scum-bags! They carry diseases, they are ugly and they stink. I wish death and destruction upon every Rat in the universe.

However, my topic is: does killing rats count as Animal Cruelty?

Because Devil Man likes to be called an Animal Lover (and many women have indeed called him that ;) ) yet does his desire to annhilate Rats mean he is actually cruel to some animals? :(

Discuss!

You are not an animal lover.

You are a mindless hypocrite. A great believer of animal rights? Haha. No worthy animal lover would ever condone the extermination of an entire species, let alone hate an animal so much as to wanting to butcher them all. Your views on rats are ignorant and stupid. Have you taken pet rats into consideration? I'm pretty sure if you killed someone's pet rat you'd be in serious trouble. How about lab rats, then? I'm pretty sure if you killed them all off all the scientists who are researching cures for cancer will want to test on you instead, and all the people who are waiting for cures from such research will happily see to it. How about the various native rats of your country, some which are endangered, and don't interfere with humans? Yeah, how very fair on them. How about all the other rats that never done anything with you? Yeah, kill them all of because you hate them. There goes the food chain and the multitude of species that require them as a food source - and oh lookie, more roaches because you killed off a main predator of them.

I'm sure you carry lots of diseases too, and are probably not the best looking person in the world. Hating an animal just because it carries disease is just stupid - every wild animal carries disease. And as far as your ugly statement goes, it's all subjective. Cuteness is irrelevant to morality - calling them ugly is just ignorant. I suppose this is "ugly":
http://www.lilratscal.com/portalimg/BabeBlue.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/kkj1689/cute20rats.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/137087083_5175c30ddd.jpg?v=0

ZOMG! EWWWW!! THEY'RE SOOO HIDEOUS! I HAVE TO LOOK AWAY! I hate overreactive turds like you who blindly follow false stereotypes and false information because of an irrational hatred rather than forming your own opinion.

As far as being cruel goes, it depends on the context. If you're killing a rat for pest control in a humane manner, then I wouldn't see it as cruel (but some view killing in general cruel). But if you're doing something like, say, burning it alive, or over the top cruel actions, then yes... it is cruel. But in the end, your attitude to rats is cruel.

In short: I hate people like you. People who say they're animal lovers, supporting animal rights, yet destory the principle of their beliefs by hating certain animals so much that they don't mind cruelty towards them. Or total extinction. As an owner of two pet rats, get stuffed. And for the people believing in his tripe, you can get stuffed too.

<3 )~~ RATS > THE DEVIL MAN! <3 )~~