PDA

View Full Version : Smurf you, Russ

Roto13
10-05-2006, 12:01 PM
The computer guy (technician or whatever) in my campus hasn't prepared the wireless network to make it ready to accept students (despite it being in the "testing" phase for a year and a half now). He hasn't installed any of the computers in the library. One is enough, right? He hasn't fixed the s drive to let me at my assignemnts and tests. No. He has more important things to do. Like block MSN on all of the lab computers.

Discuss any incompetents you work with.

Paro
10-05-2006, 12:10 PM
I work at a video store. I just deal with stupid customers coming in asking us stupid question.

When I used to work at this bookstore someone came in and asked

"Are these all reading books in here?"

"*assuming they mean fiction* Erm...well, that whole side of the shop is non-fiction, was there something in particular you were after?"

"I need a reading book!"

"*does she mean kids reading books?!* Did you have a title or perhaps a genre?"

"*stomps over to thriller section and gestures wildly* OH for heaven's sake, you haven't got ANY reading books have you! *storms out*"

I was like "wtf"?

I Am Stoner
10-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I used to work with this dude at the recording studio 'Deep Blue Studios' in plymouth and he didn't know wtf he was talking about. He pretended to know what he was doing. We had just set up the HD-24 track recorders and he wen't and said 'no,no,no thats not how you do that' and fucked them all up!!!! GRRR!!!

Samuraid
10-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Thankfully, no one at work is incompetent. At least not characterized by incompetence. :)

I have had to deal with tons of incompetence while doing web programming though. You'd be surprised how many people are writing terrible web applications these days.

Giga Guess
10-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Where I work, our mission statement clearly talks of how we work "Hand in hand with state of the art technology." There's one person there (Relatively high up) that I'm astounded he knows how to turn on his computer.

Shaun
10-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I remember when I was told that I can't sell alcohol to someone if they're with someone who appears to be under twenty-one (I work as a cashier). So, I see this stupid girl come walking over with her dad, and she was carrying two Bacardi Breezers, and her dad was carrying a newspaper, I believe.

Me: "Do you both have ID?"

Idiot Dad: "ID? What are you talking about!? I'm buying this."

Me: "I need ID from both of you."

Idiot Dad: "Oh, get a life mate!"

I wince and let them have the alcohol as I wasn't prepared to converse with a being of such low intelligence. Then as they're walking away, he says...

"Yeah, yeah, the alcohol was for me and the newspaper for her."

This is a reason why I hate my job. But I'm just going to refuse a sale next time this happens.

Rainecloud
10-05-2006, 01:39 PM
My supervisor is completely incompetent in every imaginable way. Instead of doing work, she sits on her little leather chair and swivels all day. Plus, she never answers the phone, even though she gets paid almost twice as much as all the other workers in the office. She also has a very bad attitude, and talks to us like we're pieces of rubbish. I've been standing up to her recently, though. I refuse to be verbally abused and bullied. So far, it's working.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Everyone I work with is incompetent.

Sylvie
10-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I go to school with stupid people.

*kid that has really bad B.O. is getting on my last nerve*
Me: Hey, dude, do you wear deoderant?
Him: YES
Me: Are you sure?
Him: YES SHUT UP
Me: Okay. Then why do you smell like crap?
Him: I DON'T KNOW SHUT UP
Me: What kind do you wear?
Him: *walks away*

---

And then theres the morons who think they're cool calling people "Jewbags" or "Japs" or whatever. Racial and intolerant slurs are common. Anybody they don't like is 'gay'.

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Why, are they homophobic? :tumble:

That's very <s>harsh</s> caring of you to tell someone they smell. I bet they went home and washed....for once.

Polaris
10-05-2006, 09:18 PM
At my school the people who work at the secretary were extremely dumb and never knew what they were talking. You could ask them something that hey'd take ages to answer! And it was always the same thing 'Sorry that's not with me you have to talk witth the lady over there'

Xander
10-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Most of them are incompetant or lazy or unorganised or forgetful which is why I pretty much run things. XD Nah, the main guy I work with is a genius and I love him but the others...hmm....