PDA

View Full Version : So I was setting bored in Math Class today...

Vermachtnis
10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
...and I was wondering why don't I have anything on my Calculator?

Does anyone know a good place to download some time passer games (Like Tetris) for a TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator? One of my teachers in High School had Zelda on her calculator, I'm not putting my hopes up, but can my calculator do that?
FYI, if you couldn't tell, I ain't all that edjumicated in the ways of Calculator technology. :confused:

Bahamut2000X
10-05-2006, 08:28 PM
There's plenty of games for a TI-83. I got a few myself on here. As for where to get them online? I dunno, check google. Mostly I know people can get them through other people who have them also, if you got a friend who has some on thiers.

But I mostly pass my time in math by programming random stuff on my calculator. Nothing more then simple text based stuff. Makes for interesting effects once I get way into it. Let's just say none of my friends have ever seen a Zero Wing based text story on a calculator before, let alone lasting about 8 minutes worth of text to read. >.>

All programmed in less then a weeks time while learning the code for displaying text and clearing and pausing. Ah good ole times in high school. How little they change for college. >.>

Umm but yeah, google is theb est place to check for that sort of things I would say.

Kirobaito
10-09-2006, 12:21 AM
There's plenty of games for a TI-83. I got a few myself on here. As for where to get them online? I dunno, check google. Mostly I know people can get them through other people who have them also, if you got a friend who has some on thiers.

But I mostly pass my time in math by programming random stuff on my calculator. Nothing more then simple text based stuff. Makes for interesting effects once I get way into it. Let's just say none of my friends have ever seen a Zero Wing based text story on a calculator before, let alone lasting about 8 minutes worth of text to read. >.>

All programmed in less then a weeks time while learning the code for displaying text and clearing and pausing. Ah good ole times in high school. How little they change for college. >.>

Umm but yeah, google is theb est place to check for that sort of things I would say.
Yep. I also enjoyed making text-based games. I suggest doing that instead of downloading your own. Make pictures using the draw feature and learn about menus and random values and stuff. It's fun.

o_O
10-09-2006, 12:52 AM
I spent many hours playing games on my TI-89.
I used <a href="http://www.ti-89.org/archive.html">this</a> site to get games when I couldn't be bothered making them. It hosts software for TI-89s, but the APIs are almost the same, so the interpreted BASIC programs should run similarly, and the assembly programs should run identically.