PDA

View Full Version : The Star Wars Thread

The Devil Man
10-05-2006, 09:17 PM
The Empire Strikes Back is on Sky Movies in the UK at the moment and Darth Vader is gettin' pissed because he can't find the Millenium Falcoln. So while he searches, Devil Man figured he'd quickly make a Star Wars Thread. It's very simple!

Do you love or hate Star Wars?

If you love Star Wars then...

What is your favourite Episode?

What do you reeeeeeally think of the New Trilogy? I thought it was okay.

What are your favourite quotes? (Mine is 'Apology accepted,' when Darthey Baby kills that Admiral dude in Empire Strikes Back)

And... ummm... well, we'll see where this Thread goes. I love Star Wars! Not a massive fan, but I love it for sure. Chewie is my number one guy/thing in the whole series.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
10-05-2006, 10:54 PM
It would take me too long... After posting in the Batman thread... I need rest....

Rostum
10-05-2006, 10:58 PM
To be honest, I liked all the movies including the new trilogy. But I wouldn't say I'm completely obsessed or totally in love with them.

I Took the Red Pill
10-05-2006, 10:59 PM
What is your favourite Episode?
ESB because of the pure pimpery that is Lando Calrissian.

Psychotic
10-05-2006, 11:00 PM
My favourite is a New Hope, because Alec Guiness's Obi-Wan is fantastic. Yeah, I know he appears in the next two as well, but that just isn't the same.

The new trilogy is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Skarr
10-05-2006, 11:01 PM
The new trilogy makes me wanna watch the old episodes. So they are okay in my book.

Empire Stikes back is my fav...Darth Vader's theme just haunts me man.

Ryushikaze
10-05-2006, 11:50 PM
I find people dislike Star Wars because they expect it to be more than it is supposed to. It's not without flaws though.

One of them is about 3/4 of the EU material.

Paro
10-06-2006, 12:10 AM
C-3PO: Did you hear that? They shut down the main reactor. We'll be destroyed for sure. This is madness.

I love Star Wars, I'm a huge Star Wars fan. What makes Star Wars such an exciting, fantastic adventure? The acting? Probably not. The action? No, probably not. The special effects? Could be, since they were revolutionary, but I don't think so. What makes these movies so great is how epic an adventure it is. This is quite possibly the greatest story ever told. There's something for everyone to enjoy in this film. There's action, adventure, comedy and science fiction. Nearly anyone can find something enjoyable in this film. It's a story of great heroes, evil villains and amazing adventure. The entire original trilogy is the undeniable masterpiece of George Lucas. He will never surpass this. The acting is not all good, but it's always good enough, even though a few of the actors aren't entirely believable all the time. The story is epic and an amazing adventure. The characters all seem believable, and all of the "good guys" are likable, even though they are all very different. At the same time, all of the "bad guys" are instantaneously despicable, you hate and loathe them nearly the very second that you see them. The special effects, while ridiculously dated today, were groundbreaking when the film was made, and they're still good enough. The music is also a work of art. John Williams has created a magnificent score for the film(s). The films are infinitely re-watchable, and while they're definitely also old cult favorites, they are also worth watching, and highly enjoyable to pretty much anyone. It's a masterpiece.

nik0tine
10-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Starwars is bomb.

Omnislash07
10-06-2006, 02:08 AM
I dont really have a favorite but if i have to pick i would probably go with Ep 3 simply because it has the most badass lightsaber duel in the entire series.

I actually prefer the new ones over the old ones and not just because of all the new special affects and stuff either (although the new lightsaber combat helps alot). I thought that Anakin's story was a lot more interesting than that of Luke's. Plus I hated Darth Vader's costume, I thought he looked like a retarded scuba diver in a cape but whatever.

Quote: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!oneoneeleventeen!!" lol

actually i liked Yoda's line, "Do or do not, there is no try"

Dell
10-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I don't like Star Wars.

Rainecloud
10-06-2006, 03:17 PM
I love Star Wars, even though I never watched it as a child. The first time I saw the Original Trilogy was at the Cinema with my Dad when Mr. Lucas decided to re-release the episodes with extra special effects, etc. I wasn't too impressed with Episode IV, but I absolutely loved Episodes V and VI, with VI being my overall favourite.

I'm also a fan of the New Trilogy, with Episode I being my least favourite, II being the runner up, and the almighty Episode III beating the others into a bloody pulp. So much emotion, so much drama, so many loose ends tied up all in the space of three hours. Excellent stuff.

Star Wars movies are the only films (besides Lord of the Rings) that I can watch repeatedly without becoming bored.

Edit: The Obi Wan/Quigon/Maul lightsaber fight from Episode I is my overall favourite, just so you know.

Reine
10-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I never get tired of the movies, no matter how many times I see em on TV.

It was sheer awesomeness at the movies when I was little, and C-3PO and R2D2 were always my favourite characters xD

The new movies, Episode I bored me stiff, Episode II was hilarious (The guy who plays Jango Fett is an overrused NZ actor, and it was very funny to see him in a Star Wars movie) and I havent seen Episode III

Episode II was probably the funniest, imo, especially the part at th robot factory, with C-3PO getting his head put on some battle droid. and the battle droid's head ending up on his defunct body xD, saying a line like "Something's....wrong" XDDDD Oh man, the two droids never cease to have me in stiches

EDIT: Favourite line? Ive always loved the classic "I have you now" line from Vader, mum and I still use it to this day

Nifleheim7
10-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I love the first trilogy.
The second one was a disaster.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
10-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Episode Six was my favourite. My favourite quote is 'I am your Father', though there are many good lines from some of the Star Wars graphic novels

XxSephirothxX
10-07-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm a pretty huge Star Wars freak. I've loved them since I saw them when I was a kid. Empire Strikes back is not only the best film in the series, but one of the best films ever made, I think.

The new trilogy is okay, but the acting is pretty damn bad. Episode III wins for the reasons Rainecloud mentioned, but a lot of the dialogue still makes me cringe. Lucas should've really let somebody else help him out like he did with Empire and Return of the Jedi. I sat in on a session where David Prowse (Darth Vader) talked about his acting career, including Star Wars, and wasn't surprised to hear him say that Lucas was a very bad actor's director--he gave no real direction over "stand here, say your lines, exit there," etc.

Anyway, I think Episode II is really a pretty miserable movie, mainly due to the acting/dialogue. The first movie had more heart, I think, and much better acting, even though Jake Lloyd nearly ruined it. I'm really more of a fan of the post-RotJ novels, as many of them deliver better storylines, deeper characters, and the like. I had close to 60 last time I counted. :p

Mea Culpa
10-07-2006, 06:19 PM
I love Star Wars! I'm not crazy about the new Trilogy, but it does help explain a few things even if there are discrepancies.
I guess my favourite out of them all is Return of the Jedi (the way it used to be). Princess Leia kicks a** (even if she does have to wear the slave outfit)
I've read most of the books and graphic novels and I've liked most of them as well. And I love Lego Star Wars. :)

Sefie1999AD
10-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I think Star Wars movies are pretty good. I actually liked most of the new trilogy, even though I think its quality is way more unbalanced than that of the old trilogy. For example, I liked Attack of the Clones a lot (my favorite Star Wars movie), Revenge of the Sith has great action but a weak storyline, IMHO, and I thought Phantom Menace was the worst movie of the series, although I still didn't think it was as bad as some people claim. A New Hope is my favorite out of the old trilogy, although Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi are quite good too. My favorite line is by Darth Vader, "I am your father."

XandrewX
10-07-2006, 08:40 PM
My favourite is The Phantom Menance for some reason...quote?I've short term memory so...

rubah
10-08-2006, 05:22 AM
I like star wars. I love episodes 4, 6, and 3, not necessarily in that order. I dont' like 5 because all the bad things happen ;.; and 2 was dumb. phantom menace wasn't too bad though, but not as amazing as the first three mentioned.

Araciel
10-08-2006, 05:35 AM
original trilogy=genius

new trilogy=what fans asked for

which is awful

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-08-2006, 05:39 AM
I never did like Star Wars, except for the Tie Fighter games that came out on PC like, 10 years ago. The series was a very cool show for being how old it was, and I agree, it had that power to lure someone in to it's world "far far away". But I wasn't one of them.

I did enjoy the Phantom Menace though, despite that it was not a well recieved film from what I hear.

Del Murder
10-08-2006, 05:45 AM
My favorite episode is The Empire Strikes Back.

One of my favorite lines:

'I don't trust him either, but he is my friend.'

fantasyjunkie
10-08-2006, 06:33 AM
I saw Star wars for the first time at the movies in 1977. I was 10 years old and was totally unprepared for what was coming. The sight of that Star Destroyer filling up the entire movie screen was amazing. There had never been anything like it before. And also, all the Rebel equipment was beat up and dented, not shiny like so many chessy sci fi movies that had come before it.
And it was so serious! Not at all campy.
And the drama in The Empire Strikes back was top notch. Like several posts have already said, the acting could have been better.
The plot was so epic in scale. and at the core of it was a son wanting to save his father.
To be honest though, I felt the new trilogy was mainly special effects. Way too much CGI. And I HATE Jarjar Binks! :mad2: Models still rule IMHO.

Marshall Banana
10-08-2006, 07:31 AM
What are your favourite quotes? (Mine is 'Apology accepted,' when Darthey Baby kills that Admiral dude in Empire Strikes Back)
"Apology accepted, Captain Nida." I watched that movie again just the other day. =D

Episodes I and VI are the best, I think, but I would have an aneurism if I tried to pick an overall favorite.

And the prequels are nice. "Grave danger I fear in his training."

NorthernChaosGod
10-09-2006, 01:06 AM
I love Star Wars.

I think the new episodes were good, but nothing can compare to the magic what was the orignal episodes. :cool:

And I can't decide between episodes V and VI.

Del Murder
10-09-2006, 05:44 AM
The prequels weren't that bad. They lacked that sense of adventure though. Could have really used a Han Solo-type character.

Araciel
10-09-2006, 05:47 AM
The prequels weren't that bad. They lacked that sense of adventure though. Could have really used a Han Solo-type character.

amen

i didn't like the whole C3P0 thing...guh