PDA

View Full Version : naptime!

Jowy
10-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Isn't it so satisfying to take a nice little nap after an exhausting day of work or school? I usually take a two hour power-nap after work, and then I feel nice and invigorated again.

Nominus Experse
10-05-2006, 09:41 PM
No, not really.

I prefer strenous physical exercise...

Or if that's not an option to be had, I read, write, draw, or take a nice long shower.

Miriel
10-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Naps are lovely!

I think I'll take one right now. :)

Yamaneko
10-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't take naps anymore. I won't sleep later and I wake up grumpy.

Old Manus
10-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Why nap when there is so much being awake to do?

Alive-Cat
10-05-2006, 10:07 PM
I can't sleep at night if I sleep any other time. :(

Sergeant Hartman
10-05-2006, 10:24 PM
We could get so much more done if we didn't sleep.

sephirothishere
10-05-2006, 10:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We could get so much more done if we didn't sleep.

yup life is short....but did you know that you die if you dont sleep....im serious....some dudes put a cat in the middle of a swimmin pool on some palmk of wood....and then if the cat fell asleep it fell in the water....so it didnt go to sleep...and like 5days later it was dead or somethin....it was in a psychology book or somehtin.....im serious.....

yeh...well...whenever im jus sittin around doin nothin...i usually fall asleep outta boredom....

Xander
10-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I feel icky if I nap and then wake up. Like sick and groggy ohh. By the time I get home from work, eat, I have like 2 or 3 hours to do what I want so...don't wanna waste any sleeping!

Reine
10-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Nap attack! Zzzzz-_-

Vikeve
10-05-2006, 11:21 PM
I like it when i don't have any plans and i don't really feel like doing much sometimes its just really nice to take a short nap then when i wake up i go on the computer or something its relaxing in my oppionion havent really had the time lately. I go throught phases of saying sleep is for loosers and i never rest or im like shut up and let me take a nap.

But im normaly well rested since i sleep throught my geomatry class.:)

Tempest
10-05-2006, 11:36 PM
I feel icky if I nap and then wake up. Like sick and groggy ohh.
I get the same way. I try to avoid naps.

Moon Rabbits
10-05-2006, 11:59 PM
If I don't have homework, I sleep from when I get home from school (3:50ish) to about 6pm, then I'm up until about midnight, then I sleep till 730am.

I <3 afterschool naps.

Marluxiaswife
10-06-2006, 03:07 PM
i love taking naps from school, makes me relaze.... unless i snoze untill 7 or 8 at night :eek:

Breine
10-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I hardly ever take a nap in the afternoon, just because I usually feel confused and get a headache after sleeping for one hour or so in the middle of the day. So, no naps for me.

Rainecloud
10-06-2006, 03:13 PM
No. If I nap during the day, I always wake up with a headache.

=/

Loony BoB
10-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I hate the word power-nap because when you add 'power' to something it makes it sounds like it will take strength/effort. I would rather call it a lazy-nap. *nods* But yeah, I take them on occasion after work. I like 'em. I also have the odd nap in the afternoon if I don't get much sleep the night before (during the days I'm not working, that is).

Zeromus_X
10-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Once in a blue moon, I do agree that sleep=good. But sometimes there's just other things that have to be done that have priority.

Mo-Nercy
10-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Isn't it so satisfying to take a nice little nap after during an exhausting day of work or school?
Totally. I don't know how I'd function without sleeping through half my lectures.

Meat Puppet
10-06-2006, 03:32 PM
I sometimes feel the need to nap. But, kind of like Xander, I feel sick and groggy if I nap and wake up. And sometimes there is all this sweat on the back on my neck and my hair is all itchy and my skin is easily irritated and I feel like I have a rash and so much more.

I will rarely, however, wake up from a nap feeling refreshed and ready to go. Rarely, though.

Xander
10-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I hate the word power-nap because when you add 'power' to something it makes it sounds like it will take strength/effort. I would rather call it a lazy-nap. *nods* But yeah, I take them on occasion after work. I like 'em. I also have the odd nap in the afternoon if I don't get much sleep the night before (during the days I'm not working, that is).

Power nap means like recharging your power! Well I thought ^^ So it kinda makes sense but eh..

Yeah I don't get that sleeping making you refreshed thing, I very very rarely wake up from any sort of sleeping feeling ready to go and awake. XD

Levian
10-06-2006, 04:33 PM
I feel icky if I nap and then wake up. Like sick and groggy ohh.

Yeah, that never fails.

But I like that I have this feeling that I've gained an extra day after I nap, which is totally wrong. Silly brain!

Rocket Edge
10-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I hate naptime. I'm a seriously bad sleeper, it's effecting my grades & how i feel. :/

Quindiana Jones
10-06-2006, 08:28 PM
yup life is short....but did you know that you die if you dont sleep....im serious....some dudes put a cat in the middle of a swimmin pool on some palmk of wood....and then if the cat fell asleep it fell in the water....so it didnt go to sleep...and like 5days later it was dead or somethin....it was in a psychology book or somehtin.....im serious.....

yeh...well...whenever im jus sittin around doin nothin...i usually fall asleep outta boredom....

Life is the longest damn thing you can do!

And perhaps the cat died of thirst or starvation? Not letting people sleep is a form of torture. Matthew Hopkins used it on witches.

LunarWeaver
10-06-2006, 08:34 PM
If I do take a nap, it's only around 20 minutes or so. More than that and it's just a tease of actual sleep and I feel pissed off.

AdVenT
10-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Isn't it so satisfying to take a nice little nap after an exhausting day of work or school? I usually take a two hour power-nap after work, and then I feel nice and invigorated again.

Screw nap I just sleep for almost the entire day! Then I have to get up and do my himework ¬_¬

Shlup
10-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Two hours is not a power nap. A power nap is like ten minutes. A nap shouldn't be longer than 30 minutes.

I usually nap sleep for like four hours, take a four hour nap, then sleep another four hours.

Reles
10-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I'll be in a bad mood without my napnaps.

Shoeberto
10-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Generally if I don't nap after school I get way too drained before I can even touch my homework.

Yuffie514
10-06-2006, 11:28 PM
i like to take naps almost every day. they range from 71 minutes (2 hr/11min) to 131 minutes (1 hr/11min)...

Tasura
10-07-2006, 12:10 AM
If I nap to often I become nocturnal, if I dont nap enough, I become nocturnal, I have yet to find the perfect balance of napping.

Mogi
10-07-2006, 12:40 AM
No. If I nap during the day, I always wake up with a headache.

=/

I hate headaches....

Which I get from naps....