PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Events

Agent Proto
10-06-2006, 12:53 AM
We all love them. Anyway, this is one of the event managers of EoFF, so I would like to ask you lovely folks several questions regarding EoFF specific events that occur.

1. Do you enjoy events that take place on EoFF? (ex. The Ciddies, EoFF Elections, Screen Name Competitions, etc)

2. Do you like participating in some of the events, or do you prefer watching from the sideline while the events take place?

3. Do you have a favorite event? (If not, you can skip this question.)

4. Do you have any crazy ideas for a crazy event in the future that you would like to see take place at EoFF? If so, could you tell everyone? Everyone loves a crazy idea, like the Civil War, oh you silly Hectics. <3

5. What are some of your complaints about some of the events? (Or do you think any of the events needs to be fixed in some way or another?)

<strike>6. What's your favorite kind of cake?</strike>

Also, let's not forget some of the other "forum-specific" events that do take place, such as the Art Contest, and the Final Fantasy Music Awards that are taking place. We don't want to leave them out. :choc:

Roto13
10-06-2006, 01:00 AM
1. Yeah, they're fun.

2. I'm participating in that war thing right now. :P

3. My favourite event ever was that Eyeson turf war thing. I was a Spoony Bard. I wanna do that again.

4. If I did, it would involve free pie.

5. Iunno.

Skarr
10-06-2006, 01:04 AM
1 Hell yeah!

2 The headless hectics baby!

3 The Eoff Gang wars were okay...

4 Nope unless we start a war against the chins.:D

5 :confused:

6 chocolate

Reine
10-06-2006, 01:14 AM
1. Some are silly, but some are awesome

2. I usually miss out on events, or dont know whats going on. I like watching usually, as its usually hilarious. I miss my Spoony Bard member group :(

3. Ciddies :)

4. I wanted to see the EoFFland idea that BoB and the #eoff crew were discussing a long while ago come to fruition :(

5. Too short sometimes :(

6. Chocolate

Rye
10-06-2006, 01:19 AM
Lawl, you forgot Levian and I's FFX Character Costume Design Competition (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=1906590#post1906590). Not enough people know about that, but that's okay, because it keeps the awesome exclusive to the awesomesaucers. :bigsmile:

Spammerman
10-06-2006, 01:24 AM
We all love them. Anyway, this is one of the event managers of EoFF, so I would like to ask you lovely folks several questions regarding EoFF specific events that occur.

1. Do you enjoy events that take place on EoFF? (ex. The Ciddies, EoFF Elections, Screen Name Competitions, etc)

2. Do you like participating in some of the events, or do you prefer watching from the sideline while the events take place?

4. Do you have any crazy ideas for a crazy event in the future that you would like to see take place at EoFF? If so, could you tell everyone? Everyone loves a crazy idea, like the Civil War, oh you silly Hectics. <3

5. What are some of your complaints about some of the events? (Or do you think any of the events needs to be fixed in some way or another?)

Also, let's not forget some of the other "forum-specific" events that do take place, such as the Art Contest, and the Final Fantasy Music Awards that are taking place. We don't want to leave them out. :choc:

They're ok. I like the ciddie results.
Im particiapting in my first event right now, prolly the only.
Ruffians verse the Pyschonuts(thats what i call them).
more wars. more wars. and an all out eoff every man for himself or 2 to a team war thingy.
nope.

Miriel
10-06-2006, 01:26 AM
1. Why yes I do.

2. Sometimes I like to participate, other times I'm too lazy to do anything but watch from the sidelines.

3. I like the Gang Wars. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Emoticons01/attack.gif

4. I think it'd be rather awesome if all the FFXI playing EoFFers got together on one server and did a naked run across VanaDiel. That would be super fun.

5. I dunno, I'm too lazy to really think about it.

6. Velvet cake!

Decessus
10-06-2006, 01:26 AM

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

The absence of my presence.

Loony BoB jumps out of my birthday cake every year?

Jowy
10-06-2006, 01:36 AM

1) Forum events are always fun.

2) I think I've participated in...two?

3) It's a tossup between the Resident Evil board and that time everyone here swapped signature, avatar, and title themes.

4) I'm unintuitive.

5) The best ones are the ones that don't take planning. Like someone screwing with people's avatars and forum settings. Or opping everyone in the IRC channel just to see what happens.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-06-2006, 01:49 AM
We all love them.No.
1. Do you enjoy events that take place on EoFF? (ex. The Ciddies, EoFF Elections, Screen Name Competitions, etc)No.
2. Do you like participating in some of the events, or do you prefer watching from the sideline while the events take place?I prefer to avoid this place for their duration and then try to pretend they never happened when I return.
4. Do you have any crazy ideas for a crazy event in the future that you would like to see take place at EoFF? If so, could you tell everyone?Lynch Towns Day.
5. What are some of your complaints about some of the events? (Or do you think any of the events needs to be fixed in some way or another?)They place a nauseating stranglehold upon the entire fora, disrupting and subverting any normal discussion by demanding every individual's constant attention--and even <i>participation</i>, which is doubly infuriatingly. It's like I'm back in 1994 and the Ciddies are O.J. Simpson.

Sephex
10-06-2006, 02:14 AM
We all love them.No.
1. Do you enjoy events that take place on EoFF? (ex. The Ciddies, EoFF Elections, Screen Name Competitions, etc)No.
2. Do you like participating in some of the events, or do you prefer watching from the sideline while the events take place?I prefer to avoid this place for their duration and then try to pretend they never happened when I return.
4. Do you have any crazy ideas for a crazy event in the future that you would like to see take place at EoFF? If so, could you tell everyone?Lynch Towns Day.
5. What are some of your complaints about some of the events? (Or do you think any of the events needs to be fixed in some way or another?)They place a nauseating stranglehold upon the entire fora, disrupting and subverting any normal discussion by demanding every individual's constant attention--and even <i>participation</i>, which is doubly infuriatingly. It's like I'm back in 1994 and the Ciddies are O.J. Simpson.

You make an interesting case.

Xaven
10-06-2006, 02:58 AM
1.) Yes, mostly.
2.) Participating is fun.
3.) Not really.
4.) No.
5.) Yes, very time consuming to stay on top of things. If you don't have a horde of hours of free time on your side, I'd just stay out entirely.
6.) High Fructose Corn Syrup

Shiny
10-06-2006, 03:01 AM
1. Do you enjoy events that take place on EoFF? (ex. The Ciddies, EoFF Elections, Screen Name Competitions, etc) They are alright.

2. Do you like participating in some of the events, or do you prefer watching from the sideline while the events take place? I participated in the Ciddies, gang war and the banner competition thingy. So yes, I should say I do.

3. Do you have a favorite event? (If not, you can skip this question.) (Okay.)

EoFF rap battle.

5. What are some of your complaints about some of the events? (Or do you think any of the events needs to be fixed in some way or another?) I think there should be different options for the Ciddies. Not for all of them, but for most of the options atleast.

The one your mom comes out of. I have no idea.

KentaRawr!
10-06-2006, 03:10 AM

1. Sure, I like the events. They're great excuses for spam.

2. If I can participate, I'll probably try to.

3. No, I sure don't.

4. Linus Day.

5. I didn't win the ciddies. That sucked.

6. My favorite kind of rape? O_O

Christmas
10-06-2006, 03:32 AM
4. Torment LITTLE MANUS day. :bigsmile:

Dr Unne
10-06-2006, 03:37 AM

No.

No and no.

I shall skip it then.

The "Let's go one year without an event" event.

Their existence etc.

Fonzie
10-06-2006, 04:05 AM
Haha give me sometime too learn flashplayer and i'll try too make the "EoFF Movie ooooo".

tan
10-06-2006, 05:18 AM

Well, yes, though most of them are based on popularity rather than skill. I still enjoy watching and voting in competition, though.

Mostly watching from the sideline. This (the art competition I'm running) is the first time I've actually gotten involved.

EoFF's Top Artist competition, duh.
Just kidding, though it is one of my favorite events because I'm running it. Ummm... I think the Civil War will most likely be one of my favorites.

I want to do a competition involving making clothes somehow (because I'm a Project Runway nerd like that xD) but I know it'll be a disaster because people don't want to spend good money and time on making garments for a silly forum competition. Maybe like a competition with sketches of clothes rather than making the real garments themselves? I don't know.

I'm just going to be self-centered, and talk about my own competition xD
There's a lot (and I mean A LOT) that needs to be fixed, considering so many people have dropped out. I'm trying to tweak it so it will run smoother next "season" (if I do do it...), but considering this is my first time running a competition, I believe it's going all right. I'm open for suggestions, if anyone has them :)

Other than that, I don't feel as though I can really critique anyone else's competitions or give complaints about them. Yes, the Ciddies and all of those kinds of competitions are based on popularity, but meh, that's what they're there for =P

edczxcvbnm
10-06-2006, 06:46 AM
<b>1. Do you enjoy events that take place on EoFF? (ex. The Ciddies, EoFF Elections, Screen Name Competitions, etc)</b>

The elections suck more than ever now that people have to actually do stuff. What the fuck is up with that? Before it was just a popularity contest and now it is 20 separate and stupid contest rolled into one big retarded popularity contest.

Ciddies are semi-alright. I think most of the awards are redundant and stupid though.

Screen name competition is awesome because I won it. If I had not have won it then I would say it is /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif...just like everything else I have failed to mention.

<b>2. Do you like participating in some of the events, or do you prefer watching from the sideline while the events take place?</b>

I prefer the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif moves along faster so it is over with most of the time.

<b>3. Do you have a favorite event? (If not, you can skip this question.)</b>

Screen Name. I won.

<b>4. Do you have any crazy ideas for a crazy event in the future that you would like to see take place at EoFF? If so, could you tell everyone? Everyone loves a crazy idea, like the Civil War, oh you silly Hectics. <3</b>

Its called flame day and everyone runs around flaming the hell out of everyone else. 1 day of total chaos a year would be awesome.

<b>5. What are some of your complaints about some of the events? (Or do you think any of the events needs to be fixed in some way or another?)</b>

You have already heard my opinions on this in the question one.

Xander
10-06-2006, 07:52 AM
I used to like them lots, stuff like the Ciddies, but don't really have the time or interest these days...

-N-
10-06-2006, 07:58 AM
1. I am not as interested in these events as I used to be. I don't feel like I've outgrown it so much as I just don't have the time to really involve myself in the community and enjoy it, which is a shame, I admit.

2. I do miss participating in the events, but then again I do feel it is rather trivial to participate. EoFF Post is enough for me, I suppose; I have enough commitments in "the real world". Ever heard of that, kids?

3. My favorite event is the one I haven't put on yet.

4. Yeah, I do have an idea but I'm not telling you. See 3.

5. How about don't ever steal the chess tournament management away from me if you can't manage to do anything with it other than run it dead into the ground? I'm not bitter or anything; I'm just good at getting things done.

Loony BoB
10-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Of course I do!

I like to participate if I'm not running it. And sometimes I do both. I prefer not to participate in some things that require a lot of time and effort, though, as I don't have that much time available to me these days.

Ciddies. :D

4. Do you have any crazy ideas for a crazy event in the future that you would like to see take place at EoFF? If so, could you tell everyone?
Not this very second, but anyone who knows me knows that I'll come up with a few as time goes by.

Not off the top of my head.

Ashi
10-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Yes.

I <i>would</i> like to participate; but I'm afraid I don't recognize/remember names as much as I used to and it's important to be familiar with the people to participate in events.

Ciddies (but like I said, I can't do this when I don't know people's names). Screen Name competitions (these don't require us to know people because the names are usually there! but maybe that's just on the later stages).

4. Do you have any crazy ideas for a crazy event in the future that you would like to see take place at EoFF? If so, could you tell everyone?
Ice Breaker event! Although I don't have any idea for what it should containt... :cry:

Not really. I never stuck around to see them end for quite a long time now, but that's my fault. :tongue:

Breine
10-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Yes I do. They're a lot of fun.

It depends. I participate in some of them, but I just let others be.

Yeah, I love the Ciddies. Can't get enough of 'em.

Ehm, no... Sorry :(

Not that I can think of.

Dell
10-06-2006, 04:14 PM

1. Yes!

2. I like participating in the event that is suitable for me.

3. Ciddies and EoY

4. The Amazing Race around EoFF.

5. They should do it more often.

Christmas
06-14-2023, 01:42 PM
We need events now. Where is the event organising committee!? Did BoB bonked them to heaven or something?