PDA

View Full Version : I'm talking old school...

Paro
10-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm playing Skake or Die II right now, such a rad game. I'm probably going to switch it up and spend the rest of the night playing Final Fantasy.

I still have my origianl save file.:D

Everyone play an old school game at leats once amonth!

Saku
10-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I need to get an NES emulator again..... Old School games were so much more challenging and fun the a lot of recent games....

Flying Mullet
10-06-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm playing Skake or Die II right now, such a rad game.

Skake or Die > Skake or Die II :p

Xander
10-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Whoo, weekend = games. Although I'm gonna mostly have to spend some time on kingdom hearts 2, so not much time for old school. But I try and play some sonic regularly, and micro machines whenever I have any friends over! I want to play more toejam and earl too :D

Sylvie
10-06-2006, 08:47 PM
For me, Old-School is Tekken 1. The game I grew up with. I still play it sometimes.

Paro
10-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Whoo, weekend = games. Although I'm gonna mostly have to spend some time on kingdom hearts 2, so not much time for old school. But I try and play some sonic regularly, and micro machines whenever I have any friends over! I want to play more toejam and earl too :D

omg! toejam and earl!!! i loved that game!

Rainecloud
10-06-2006, 10:52 PM
I can't stand that game. xD

I play Mario/Sonic nearly every other day. I'm still addicted after 10 years.

Paro
10-06-2006, 10:57 PM
I play Mario/Sonic nearly every other day. I'm still addicted after 10 years.

Me and my friends still play 4-player Mario Cart 64.

It's all out war for us.

Sephex
10-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Last week I went through all of the NES Mario games, played through Super Mario World in two days, played through A Link to the Past in two days, and I am now going through Super Mario RPG.

Reine
10-07-2006, 10:06 AM
I play Sonic games at least once a week :p

Xander
10-07-2006, 11:47 AM

:o I have lost a little respect for you! This is the MEGADRIVE ones we're talking about..two of the most original games ever...

Anyway last night I played toejam and earl 2 on Netplay on the Gens with someone :D It cracked me up laughing especially when somehow it messed up and we ended up in different levels but thought we were on the same one still.

http://www.rawrsome.com/files/tjearl.jpg

So then we played some Sonic 3 two player races which I won because tails is the best, and then Zombies Ate My Neighbours which I've been told about a lot but never played till now, it was kinda random.xD

Dreddz
10-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Street Fighter II is almost a daily routine nowadays....

Rostum
10-07-2006, 01:18 PM
The Toejam and Earl games were great. The second one was awesome, but I think the first one was a lot more addictive with two players. <3

Captain Maxx Power
10-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Everyone here needs to play Gunstar Heroes in two-player. Infact if anyone would be interested in playing it with me (preferrably with a head-set/mic for communicae) I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Araciel
10-08-2006, 05:53 AM
RIVER
CITY
RANSOM

fantasyjunkie
10-08-2006, 06:05 AM
First Zelda game for the NES. I swear, it was almost the first grand theft auto in regards to open ended gameplay.

RiseToFall
10-08-2006, 06:09 AM
My brother and I always play a game called Kabal on the Nes. It never stops being fun.

Markus. D
10-08-2006, 06:34 PM
ive been playing alot of Tekken 1 & 2 arcade.

everything looks funny.

and Laws double Flippy Kicky things takes off MORE than half a bar of life.

Rainecloud
10-08-2006, 07:02 PM

:o I have lost a little respect for you! This is the MEGADRIVE ones we're talking about..two of the most original games ever...

Anyway last night I played toejam and earl 2 on Netplay on the Gens with someone :D It cracked me up laughing especially when somehow it messed up and we ended up in different levels but thought we were on the same one still.

So then we played some Sonic 3 two player races which I won because tails is the best, and then Zombies Ate My Neighbours which I've been told about a lot but never played till now, it was kinda random.xD

Calm down, Xandy baby, I'm talking about the NES version. ;)

Thanks to your amazing screenshot, I'm going to go play some Toejam & Earl 2. I forgot how great that game was. Thanks for reminding me. *toddles off*

Xander
10-08-2006, 10:46 PM

Calm down, Xandy baby, I'm talking about the NES version. ;)

Thanks to your amazing screenshot, I'm going to go play some Toejam & Earl 2. I forgot how great that game was. Thanks for reminding me. *toddles off*

There was a NES version? Anyway, yes, go play, its so great :D I need to find someone in real life to play it with meee 2 player. I shall keep hoping ;__; Earl needs to find her Toejam ;__; xD

Vermachtnis
10-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Toejam and Earl 2 is one of the all time greatest.
I play that and Phantasy Star II and Battletoads all the time. Battletoads rule, until I get in the kart. Then they die :cry:

abrojtm
10-09-2006, 03:49 AM
There was no Toejam & Earl for the NES...

I play these games very frequently. My NES emulator gets too much use.

Rostum
10-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Toejam and Earl win this thread. <3

Battletoads is really awesome too, I really liked the Battletoads and Double Dragon. Used to love games like that where I played with my friend (especially the original Contra for NES, was very awesome and kept you on edge considering one hit = death!).

Rainecloud
10-09-2006, 06:47 AM

I wasn't referring to Toejam & Earl. I was referring to Skate or Die, hence my reply to Xander concerning her loss of respect for me, due to the fact that I dislike Skate or Die games.

=/

ValkyrieWing
10-09-2006, 07:00 AM
XD Legend of Dragoon. :)

RiseToFall
10-09-2006, 07:05 AM
XD Legend of Dragoon. :)

Oh come on, that's not old school.

ValkyrieWing
10-09-2006, 07:18 AM
PS1 is considered old school anymore.

But if you want old school how about the Original Bomberman on the Turbo Grafix 16?

RiseToFall
10-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Original Bomberman on the Turbo Grafix 16?

Now were talking.:thumb:

Rostum
10-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Rolo to the Rescue (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/g/sega_genesis/rolo_to_the_rescue/overview.php)! Seriously such a cute game, you use your animal friends to do certain tricks and the like.

I also remember games like Mickey Mania, Coolspot, and Greendog: Bleached Surfer Dude, being extremely cool Genisis games.

NeoCracker
10-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Ghengis Khan on the NES, and of Course Brigadine for teh PSX. Never was the a better ruler the Dryst, the MAd King.

Rusty
10-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I still play all the Mario games <3

Xander
10-09-2006, 05:33 PM

I wasn't referring to Toejam & Earl. I was referring to Skate or Die, hence my reply to Xander concerning her loss of respect for me, due to the fact that I dislike Skate or Die games.

=/

Ahah, we are so confused. xD I thought you were referring to toejam and earl! But yay you love that, rightly so :D Skate or Die, I have no idea. xD

TJ&Earl does indeed win this thread.

Coolspot! Neato, but hard ;_;

And nobody should forget, for some retro goodness - http://www.ocremix.org :D