PDA

View Full Version : Countdown...

Dugradugburr
10-06-2006, 08:29 PM
25 more days...only 25 more...*twitches and curls into a ball* only 25 more...can I wait? I don't know....:mad: ...25...:mad: ...too long...:mad:

RiseToFall
10-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Try decaf next time.

Nifleheim7
10-06-2006, 09:03 PM
It's not too long if you consider that some people have to wait until february...:mad2:

Ouch!
10-07-2006, 12:06 AM
I started counting down at 50. I think about it once a day, then put it out of my mind.

When it's down to a week... that's when I'll get going.

Dynast-Kid
10-07-2006, 01:34 AM
I started counting down at 50.

I started at 66 days.

LunarWeaver
10-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Hey, nobody rain on my countdown parade before I pull out the "there are third-world folk that will get it never" card. And then we'll all just feel guilty and sticky inside.

I'm definitely in countdown mode though :jess: I actually bought another game I had no money for just to have something to do until FFXII got here. Yay for having nothing better to do than that :monster:

Dynast-Kid
10-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Hey, nobody rain on my countdown parade before I pull out the "there are third-world folk that will get it never" card. And then we'll all just feel guilty and sticky inside.

I'm definitely in countdown mode though :jess: I actually bought another game I had no money for just to have something to do until FFXII got here. Yay for having nothing better to do than that :monster:

Oh Kyle,you must save your money for FFXII:Collector's Edition,and then,you must buy the FFXII Ultimania Books!

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2006, 03:36 AM
eegggrrggh!!!!
play...must halloween yah ff tail
noooo don't rain on meeeeeeee!!!
>.o

what now?

BustaMo
10-07-2006, 05:51 AM
Can't wait. Just think: What if FFXII was released at the very first day it was supposed to be, back in what...May of 2003 or was it February of 2004? Oh, who knows. FFXII has had more tentative dates in the last 4 years, than I've had with girls...

Only 3 1/2 weeks away though. Wow. It will definitely be a well deserved wait though in my opinion.

Madame Adequate
10-07-2006, 01:53 PM
I'll be getting it later than NA because of shipping times.

On the other hand I'll be getting it rather earlier than everyone else in Britain, so that's okay then :jess:

Russielloyd
10-07-2006, 04:02 PM

On the other hand I'll be getting it rather earlier than everyone else in Britain, so that's okay then :jess:

You got a NTSC PS2, modded PAL PS2 or Swap Magic?

Dugradugburr
10-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Can't wait. Just think: What if FFXII was released at the very first day it was supposed to be, back in what...May of 2003 or was it February of 2004? Oh, who knows. FFXII has had more tentative dates in the last 4 years, than I've had with girls...

Only 3 1/2 weeks away though. Wow. It will definitely be a well deserved wait though in my opinion.

I don't want to think of that! That was going to be such a happy day for me...but nooo....it wasn't that day!!

24....24...more days....twenty-four.....24....GAHH!!!!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Crossblades
10-07-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't want to think of that! That was going to be such a happy day for me...but nooo....it wasn't that day!!

24....24...more days....twenty-four.....24....GAHH!!!!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Will you relax? It's only measly 3 weeks. If you constantly think about it, time will slow down. Just don't think about it too much

Dugradugburr
10-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Relax? RELAX?!!?!!? ok...

Madame Adequate
10-07-2006, 10:18 PM

NTSC/US PS2.

Russielloyd
10-08-2006, 12:09 AM

NTSC/US PS2.

Would the game work with a PAL PS2 with Swap Magic, you know?

RiseToFall
10-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Let me share a tale with all of you, a short one, but never the less it shows off my stupidity.

Girlfriend:I was thinking of giving you a gift. Do you have anything in particular that you wanted?

Me-Thinking:Omg, I can totally sucker her in to buy me FF XII and I'll be saving money for the first time ever.

Me: Yeah you know there is this game that's finally coming out at the end of October that I've been waiting forever to get.

G/F: So what's it called?

Me:Final Fantasy XII

G/F: Oh, so there's a new one of those coming out huh.

Me: Yeap, I think it's coming out on Halloween, and I want it really bad.

G/F: So how much is this game going to cost me?

Me: Well you see there are two versions, the regular one for $49.99 and the limited edition one for $59.99. I really really want the limited edition. It's got a really great metal case and a bonus disc full of stuff, you know how much I love final fantasy.

G/F: Yes, I know. Alright I'll buy it for you.

Me::love:

G/F: But since it's such an expensive gift, I'll make it your christmas gift for this year.

Me::eek:

Me:But but, I can still play it when it comes out right babe?

G/F: You know how I feel about Christmas, any gift that I get you will be opened up on Christmas day. No earlier no later.

Me::cry: but i've been waiting forever.

G/F: I'll buy you a cheaper game to hold you over until christmas comes.

Yeah as you can see my story writing isn't great, but atleast it's all true. I went and just royally fucked myself in the ass. If anyone want's to point and laugh at me, you may, as I am an idiot.

LunarWeaver
10-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Steal the money from her Mr. Rise.

We're down to...23 days now right? :hyper: Luckily, I have Tales of the Abyss coming to tide me over.

My name is...something..?
10-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Let me share a tale with all of you, a short one, but never the less it shows off my stupidity.

Girlfriend:I was thinking of giving you a gift. Do you have anything in particular that you wanted?

Me-Thinking:Omg, I can totally sucker her in to buy me FF XII and I'll be saving money for the first time ever.

Me: Yeah you know there is this game that's finally coming out at the end of October that I've been waiting forever to get.

Me: Well you see there are two versions, the regular one for $49.99 and the limited edition one for $59.99. I really really want the limited edition. It's got a really great metal case and a bonus disc full of stuff, you know how much I love final fantasy.

G/F: But since it's such an expensive gift, I'll make it your christmas gift for this year.

G/F: You know how I feel about Christmas, any gift that I get you will be opened up on Christmas day. No earlier no later.

Yeah as you can see my story writing isn't great, but atleast it's all true. I went and just royally smurfed myself in the ass. If anyone want's to point and laugh at me, you may, as I am an idiot.

:laugh:
OWNED:choc2:
It's sad that I can identify with this.
Not with a game or anything like that, but I know how you feel.

As for the whole obsessive countdown thing:
I'm laid back and have plenty of other stuff to do so I'm not worked up about it.

BustaMo
10-08-2006, 07:18 AM
That's messed up Rise...haha at least it's the thought that counts though. :p

Mirage
10-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I'm counting down too! Only 92 days to go now, this feels great!
In fact, the only thing I'm counting down to is the day when I get my PS2 modded.

RiseToFall:
Words cannot describe how owned you just got.
Have her buy that other game for christmas...

Dugradugburr
10-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Rarr...rarr....23.....23....days...more....23 more days...Cant wait! Im about to internqally combust! again!....*Jumps onto a bike and pedals away mumbling the number twenty-three*

P.S...I need a sig...anyone good on making sigs? Will love forever..like...eternity wise!...casue Idont have photoshop =[

Instead of double posting, just click the edit button to add on to your previous post.

RiseToFall
10-08-2006, 07:28 AM
RiseToFall:

I would, except for the fact that this girl loves christmas. I'm talking a christmas tree in every room kind of love. So this year she wanted to buy me the perfect gift, and by the conversation that me and her had, I made it quite clear what my perfect gift for this year would be. Stupid does not even describe what I am, but thats life.

You guys have fun though........I'll just pretend that I live in Europe or something.

Mirage
10-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Still getting it before us :p.

Squall_Cannon
10-08-2006, 11:21 AM
You just need to get something to hold you off, i picked up Front Mission 4. And if that isn't your particullar brand of Cognac may I suggest Tales of the Abyss?

Madame Adequate
10-08-2006, 11:47 AM

NTSC/US PS2.

I'm not an expert on it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

RiseToFall; Hahahaha oh my, you got pwnd. However! Just tell her you don't want that as a present anymore, get it yourself, and have her get something you can wait for xD

BustaMo
10-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Tell her you changed your mind and want a pet Llama instead for Christmas. Then you can go and buy FFXII on halloween.

Pro's:
-FFXII at regular time is yours
-Girlfriend still happy with you

Con's:
-You have to pay the $60 for the FFXII CE
-The Llama wants to sleep in your room

farplaner
10-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Tell her you changed your mind and want a pet Llama instead for Christmas. Then you can go and buy FFXII on halloween.

Pro's:

Con's:
-The Llama wants to sleep in your room :lol:

Less than two weeks now right?

Rise: see what your scheming has gotten you?! [*points and laughs, but then consoles Rise with a pat on the head.]

Dugradugburr
10-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Yay!!!

Only three more weeks to go!!

*runs towards the tally and marks it down*

Now...

*sits back into his chair and sips his tea quietly*

Russielloyd
10-10-2006, 11:03 AM
You know what would so annoyinh now, is that SE came out and annouced they there needed to delay it for aother month like 1 week before release. That would be cruel. ;)

Nifleheim7
10-10-2006, 12:24 PM
You know what would so annoyinh now, is that SE came out and annouced they there needed to delay it for aother month like 1 week before release. That would be cruel. ;)

No,that would be pure evil!

Mirage
10-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Won't happen, cause the game is finished. It's even leaked onto the Internet.

crazybayman
10-10-2006, 04:01 PM

Yeah as you can see my story writing isn't great, but atleast it's all true. I went and just royally smurfed myself in the ass. If anyone want's to point and laugh at me, you may, as I am an idiot.
Try to explain to her that having to wait until Christmas is like getting a kick in the nuts. (That's how I would feel. ) Then tell her that you'll buy it, and she can get you something else for Christmas. Don't forget to hint at the fact that if you don't get it until Christmas, you will spend the entire Christmas holidays playing it, due to the novelty of the newest Final Fantasy release, and she won't see you much. (Yeah, she'll love that :rolleyes2) And if you go ahead and buy it now, that the you'll probably have it finished by Christmas, or at least that the new novelty will have worn off, and you'll have spent all that novelty time in November, and that you won't have to spend as much time playing it over the holidays, and that there'll be more time to spend with her during the holiday season.

If that doesn't work, just go and pre-order it, and tell your girlfriend that your mom stopped by the local gamestore while birthday shopping for you, and went ahead and pre-ordered it for you. That way you get to have it when it hits the shelves, and your girlfriend isn't pi$$ed, and will still get you something nice for Christmas. ;)

Russielloyd
10-10-2006, 05:56 PM

I was kidding, but back to what your said.....really?

Dugradugburr
10-10-2006, 07:51 PM

...*growls...:mad:

Tainted Angel
10-15-2006, 04:37 AM
LE and the LE stratguide are both preordered.

I'm getting them on release day free. Yay!

Yar
10-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Two Weeks Left!!! :D

RiseToFall
10-18-2006, 02:36 AM
LE and the LE stratguide are both preordered.

I'm getting them on release day free. Yay!

Alright so I understand the limited edition game, but what's the point of getting the limited edition guide. Does it just give you more pictures or what?

Ashley Schovitz
10-18-2006, 02:40 AM
There's a limited edition I heard of the colllector's edition, but limited edition's must be really secret and rare like Metal Gear Solid 3's limited Edition it had both colllector's and limited , but I don't see the difference.

Oh well 14 days left.

Tainted Angel
10-18-2006, 03:30 AM
There's a limited edition I heard of the colllector's edition, but limited edition's must be really secret and rare like Metal Gear Solid 3's limited Edition it had both colllector's and limited , but I don't see the difference.

Oh well 14 days left.

Limited/Collectors edition. Fine.. words are interchangable.
(http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281613)
Stratguide for the LE. (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=831904)

Meimeiken
10-18-2006, 04:25 AM
RiseToFall:

I would, except for the fact that this girl loves christmas. I'm talking a christmas tree in every room kind of love. So this year she wanted to buy me the perfect gift, and by the conversation that me and her had, I made it quite clear what my perfect gift for this year would be. Stupid does not even describe what I am, but thats life.

You guys have fun though........I'll just pretend that I live in Europe or something.

Dump her butt? :P
Nah, j/k...

or not.

RiseToFall
10-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Steal the money from her Mr. Rise.

We're down to...23 days now right? :hyper: Luckily, I have Tales of the Abyss coming to tide me over.

:laugh:
OWNED:choc2:
It's sad that I can identify with this.
Not with a game or anything like that, but I know how you feel.

As for the whole obsessive countdown thing:
I'm laid back and have plenty of other stuff to do so I'm not worked up about it.

That's messed up Rise...haha at least it's the thought that counts though. :p

Yeah, I'm counting down too! Only 92 days to go now, this feels great!
In fact, the only thing I'm counting down to is the day when I get my PS2 modded.

RiseToFall:

NTSC/US PS2.

I'm not an expert on it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

RiseToFall; Hahahaha oh my, you got pwnd. However! Just tell her you don't want that as a present anymore, get it yourself, and have her get something you can wait for xD

Pro's:

Con's:
-The Llama wants to sleep in your room

Pro's:

Con's:
-The Llama wants to sleep in your room :lol:

Less than two weeks now right?

Rise: see what your scheming has gotten you?! [*points and laughs, but then consoles Rise with a pat on the head.]

Try to explain to her that having to wait until Christmas is like getting a kick in the nuts. (That's how I would feel. ) Then tell her that you'll buy it, and she can get you something else for Christmas. Don't forget to hint at the fact that if you don't get it until Christmas, you will spend the entire Christmas holidays playing it, due to the novelty of the newest Final Fantasy release, and she won't see you much. (Yeah, she'll love that :rolleyes2) And if you go ahead and buy it now, that the you'll probably have it finished by Christmas, or at least that the new novelty will have worn off, and you'll have spent all that novelty time in November, and that you won't have to spend as much time playing it over the holidays, and that there'll be more time to spend with her during the holiday season.

If that doesn't work, just go and pre-order it, and tell your girlfriend that your mom stopped by the local gamestore while birthday shopping for you, and went ahead and pre-ordered it for you. That way you get to have it when it hits the shelves, and your girlfriend isn't pi$$ed, and will still get you something nice for Christmas. ;)

RiseToFall:

Dump her butt? :P
Nah, j/k...

or not.

Thanks for all the advice you guys. Anyway I just want to say that she's still getting it for me, couldn't talk her out of it (women run the world, what do you want me to do.) But I went out and bought myself some oldies to keep me busy. Dragon Quest VIII (not old but whatever) and Breath of Fire III and IV (these are the oldies) so with those I should be fine. But all the concern you guys have for me, wether positive or negative made me feel very special. :cry: <--happy cry.

Zeromus_X
10-18-2006, 06:03 AM
You could always buy it for yourself when it's released, and not tell her, if you absolutely need it. Then you'll have two copies.

Or just buy the real deal, FFIIIDS [/half-sarcastic]

But yes, it's almost here...too bad there are so many other games coming out at nearly the same freaking time. It's a Fall flood of RPGs.

LunarWeaver
10-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks for all the advice you guys. Anyway I just want to say that she's still getting it for me, couldn't talk her out of it (women run the world, what do you want me to do.) But I went out and bought myself some oldies to keep me busy. Dragon Quest VIII (not old but whatever) and Breath of Fire III and IV (these are the oldies) so with those I should be fine. But all the concern you guys have for me, wether positive or negative made me feel very special. :cry: <--happy cry.

I see you ignored my advice to kill her. :nonono:

What are we...13 days or something?... Squee for that! The fall flood of RPGs is upsetting in that wonderful sort of way. Poor PSU isn't getting my attention right away because it's released a week before FFXII :cry:

Rostum
10-18-2006, 08:26 AM

Hey, you never know, they could add more things in the PAL version like they did with FFX. *hopes*

crazybayman
10-18-2006, 02:40 PM
DQVIII is awesome. That'll keep you busy, and entertained, for sure until Christmas or close to it.

My advice on DQVIII: The storyline is very straight-forward, so avoid spoilers at all costs, because you should be able to advance through the game without any help. However, I'd refer to game-faqs for the alchemy pot. I began the day it hit the shelves, (almost 1 year ago) hence I didn't have the luxury of the alchemy-pot recipe list, and therefore missed out on some great weapons/armour/items early on. You can look-up great recipes without spoiling the storyline.

James16
10-18-2006, 03:24 PM

Dude thats just horrible...:eep: Jus thinkin bout that makes my stomach hurt....:(

Yar
10-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Alright so I understand the limited edition game, but what's the point of getting the limited edition guide. Does it just give you more pictures or what?

The limited edition guide comes shrink wrapped with a 90-100 page art book. Plus it has 1 of 6 covers. I've ordered it so I can look it over while waiting for Oct 31!

Jowy
10-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I figure it'll be like the limited edition guide for Kingdom Hearts II. Different covers, probably some conceptual artwork and official artwork, and maybe even stickers. ;)

Dynast-Kid
10-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Only 12 more days!

Today during Language Arts,I finally realized how close this game really is...I started shaking and had to tap my fingers (hard) against the desk to keep myself from shaking out of my desk.I was so absolutely excited!I'm weird,huh?xD

FFXII...*Drools*

Yar
10-20-2006, 02:07 AM
You should see me in study hall. I have nothing to do so I look at my calendar. Then I stare at it.

Tainted Angel
10-20-2006, 02:42 AM

The limited edition guide comes shrink wrapped with a 90-100 page art book. Plus it has 1 of 6 covers. I've ordered it so I can look it over while waiting for Oct 31!

There is approx fifty more hours gameplay from regular to LE. So more game guidance too.

Dynast-Kid
10-20-2006, 02:45 AM

There is approx fifty more hours gameplay from regular to LE. So more game guidance too.

50 MORE HOURS!?!?

*Faints*

Yar
10-20-2006, 03:28 AM

I don't believe that is correct, unless I am mistaken. I believe the only difference between LE and original is it comes with the DVD of interviews and trailers. The LE book comes with an art book and a similar cover.

Dynast-Kid
10-20-2006, 04:03 AM

I don't believe that is correct, unless I am mistaken. I believe the only difference between LE and original is it comes with the DVD of interviews and trailers. The LE book comes with an art book and a similar cover.

Yeah,you're right.The LE also has a history of FF and comes in a smexy metal case!

yojimbosoul
10-20-2006, 06:28 AM
People, there's still like 11 days right? THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT ON BT????

Tainted Angel
10-20-2006, 09:03 PM
People, there's still like 11 days right? THEN WHY THE HELL IS IT ON BT????

A GAME/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif* EMPLOYEE LEAKED THE DAMNED THING!

*unlike me most times.. 'game/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif' is not GameStop. It refers to GameSPoT.

Yar
10-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Ten more days! Count 'em TEN.
Diez.
Zehn.
Dix.
Десять.
Tien.
Dez.

Dynast-Kid
10-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Ten more days! Count 'em TEN.
Diez.
Zehn.
Dix.
Десять.
Tien.
Dez.

*Faints in realization of how close the game is*

Khaotic
10-21-2006, 10:41 PM
LE strategy guide is only good to sell on ebay for $100+ in a couple years, which is why im getting it, and never reading it so its in mint condition :D

Ashley Schovitz
10-22-2006, 02:24 AM
LE strategy guide is only good to sell on ebay for $100+ in a couple years, which is why im getting it, and never reading it so its in mint condition :D

I thought you were a true FF fan tisk tisk.

farplaner
10-23-2006, 03:36 AM

Heh, heh. Even true FF fans know the value of being business savvy.

Contemplates copying Khaotic's plan...

Nah, I've already got three big boxes of comic books in the back room that haven't earned a single cent since '91....damn mass production!!

Wolf Kanno
10-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Well to curb my excitement, I decided to replay my favorite FF game (It's become sorta've a tradition with every new FF title for me) Although I hate to say that the reviews and cover stories I've been reading from all my game mags have made it impossible for me NOT to think about it... eight more days...:mog:

boys from the dwarf
10-23-2006, 12:20 PM
well im cool with it being released in england at february. it gives me some breathing time to play other FFs and games.

im really looking forwards to this.

Ashley Schovitz
10-24-2006, 02:46 AM
the clock is ticking

LoCoAndy2K3
10-24-2006, 12:56 PM
One more week! My friend already has it and he told me he'd give it an 8.5 so far...which is pretty disappointing. But I don't care! I'm sure it will rock.

But it really does seem like this game is getting a lot of mixed reviews.

yojimbosoul
10-25-2006, 04:03 AM
some good.......and very bad reviews

Dynast-Kid
10-25-2006, 04:04 AM
One more week.One more week.One more week...

farplaner
10-25-2006, 05:56 AM

reviews are a dime a dozen. I don't give most reviews much weight as they are defined by others' values. Mine tend to be different than most,

so LoCoAndy: I would just sweat out this last week (as the rest of us are doing) and see for yourself.

al-bhed_kid seems to be doing enough sweating for the lot of us! :tongue:

RiseToFall
10-25-2006, 06:08 AM

Can you give me a link to one of the bad reviews? I've heard nothing but praise for this game.

Khaotic
10-25-2006, 06:45 AM

How does that make sense? "true FF fan" doesn't need a guide to get them through the game, they do it themselves. As for collecting value, thats another thing, but I only want the games, not a book I can profit 70+ USD dollars on.

~SapphireStar~
10-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Its ok for some :( We have to wait till Feb of next year. Least if it is Feb I can use my birthday money and hopefully get a special edition with a lush walkthrough!

lufia
10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
can't wait, seven years in the making. my prayers are answered

Yar
10-25-2006, 08:47 PM
How does that make sense? "true FF fan" doesn't need a guide to get them through the game, they do it themselves. As for collecting value, thats another thing, but I only want the games, not a book I can profit 70+ USD dollars on.

I disagree. I've played FF my entire life and bought a guide to X and X-2 after beating them. With the guides I was able to experience the entire story and enjoy the side quests, without them I would've never experience the games in their entirety.

Khaotic
10-25-2006, 11:21 PM

I disagree. I've played FF my entire life and bought a guide to X and X-2 after beating them. With the guides I was able to experience the entire story and enjoy the side quests, without them I would've never experience the games in their entirety.

Yeah, thats your choice, however, I'd rather save my 20(or 30 in this case, collectors edition) and just use an online walkthrough which gives accurate info, unlike brady games guides. Nothing really to disagree with in my last paragraph, but alright. If you like throwing money out.:rolleyes2

Yar
10-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah, thats your choice, however, I'd rather save my 20(or 30 in this case, collectors edition) and just use an online walkthrough which gives accurate info, unlike brady games guides. Nothing really to disagree with in my last paragraph, but alright. If you like throwing money out.:rolleyes2

You said I wasn't a "True FF" fan because I used a guide. In my experience, I have found online guides to be quite undescriptive, being they are written by amateurs. Also, the guides may not be as in-depth or about total completion, as this is still a new game.

Khaotic
10-25-2006, 11:53 PM

You said I wasn't a "True FF" fan because I used a guide. In my experience, I have found online guides to be quite undescriptive, being they are written by amateurs. Also, the guides may not be as in-depth or about total completion, as this is still a new game.

Don't change my words. I never once said you were not a "true ff fan" I simply said, true FF fan's don't need a guide to get them through the game, which is true, if you buy a game and the guide the first day they come out, and use the guide to get through your first playthrough, you're not much of a gamer.

Amateurs? They need to get approved before getting put on Gamefaqs, they're usually very well written, and provide a MUCH better walkthrough than any brady games guide I've ever seen. I don't see the point in arguing about this unless you're rich, but spending 20-30 USD dollars to get some pretty pictures along with your walkthrough, in my opinion, is a waste of cash.

Why would you need a guide anytime soon? Getting stuck and figuring out what to do on your own is half the point of an RPG game, giving up the second you get stuck and resulting to a guide is simply not a true RPG gamer, they're just people who like the series and want to get through it ASAP, but don't appreciate the game for itself and enjoy it, like chewing your steak, whereas some swallow it after 2 bites.

LoCoAndy2K3
10-26-2006, 05:49 AM

reviews are a dime a dozen. I don't give most reviews much weight as they are defined by others' values. Mine tend to be different than most,

so LoCoAndy: I would just sweat out this last week (as the rest of us are doing) and see for yourself.

al-bhed_kid seems to be doing enough sweating for the lot of us! :tongue:

Heh, I'd never download a Squeenix game! No need to worry, I am waiting just like everyone else. It hurts, but yes, I'm doing it. :(

I buy the games...always. Why? Because I want them to make more. :love:

Zeromus_X
10-26-2006, 05:52 AM
I don't think I'd be smart enough to download it even if I could. xD

That being said...I never usually get so excited about upcoming releases...but now that it's only a week or so, I'm getting all butterfly-ish! ;_; :cat:

Dell
10-26-2006, 06:18 AM

I agree with you. For the very least, you try it on your own. People who use guides knows where's the boss, the sidequest, the way in and how the story end. But non-guide-user :jess: are all blotto about that. That gives them the stunning of the game and they're eager to see more. Plus, non-guide-user sometimes are blotto in their way, so they enter a wrong place and result in fighting the enemies there, they also get to see (and explore) more optional places earlier which then leads to a sidequest. Then, they level-up fast and have no problem in the game. At least, that's better than having to fight the same enemy on the same place for just levelling. That's just boring. IMO, btw. :choc2:

Blotto: Don't Know

I only check GameFAQs when I actually have a real problem. Sometimes, I also ask my friends for help and such.

Ouch!
10-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Me: "Oyo, Blaine!"
Blaine: "Five days!"
Someone else: "Yeah! Halloween!"
Me and Blaine: "Screw Halloween! FFXII!"

So close...

Ashley Schovitz
10-26-2006, 09:41 PM

I agree with you. For the very least, you try it on your own. People who use guides knows where's the boss, the sidequest, the way in and how the story end. But non-guide-user :jess: are all blotto about that. That gives them the stunning of the game and they're eager to see more. Plus, non-guide-user sometimes are blotto in their way, so they enter a wrong place and result in fighting the enemies there, they also get to see (and explore) more optional places earlier which then leads to a sidequest. Then, they level-up fast and have no problem in the game. At least, that's better than having to fight the same enemy on the same place for just levelling. That's just boring. IMO, btw. :choc2:

Blotto: Don't Know

I only check GameFAQs when I actually have a real problem. Sometimes, I also ask my friends for help and such.

Hold up now wait a minute!, i meant was that he's not a true FF fan because he plans to buy the collector's edition guide and just sell it without reading it or looking at the artwork, if he was he would keep it for collection. I didn't mean he had to use it because when I had my FF guide I just used it for the sidequests and just 1 boss which was Seymour Flux.

Dreddz
10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Wow, just 5 days away. Its worth the wait guys, I wasnt expecting the game to be this good, but it is.

Best RPG on the PS2.

Laddy
10-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Man, it comes out three days before my b-day! PERFECT! However, the gift-giver must get it on its release date, otherwise its a semi-waste.

Fate Fatale
10-26-2006, 11:49 PM
What actual day does the collectors edition come out? heh... I need to find my recipt...

RiseToFall
10-26-2006, 11:58 PM
What actual day does the collectors edition come out? heh... I need to find my recipt...

The same day as the regular version, October 31st, or in other words tuesday.

Dynast-Kid
10-27-2006, 02:10 AM
5 days!

*Fansqueals*

Meimeiken
10-27-2006, 02:43 AM
Wooty Wooterson!

5 days left!

Yeeeeeha!

Dynast-Kid
10-27-2006, 02:47 AM
Wooty Wooterson!

5 days left!

Yeeeeeha!

Aren't you excited!

:exdee::hyper::exdee:

Meimeiken
10-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Wooty Wooterson!

5 days left!

Yeeeeeha!

Aren't you excited!

:exdee::hyper::exdee:

little bit.

Oh, who am I fooling? :moose: :hyper:

Woot!

Dynast-Kid
10-27-2006, 03:20 AM
I am so ready for this game!

It's been on my mind like everyday since June!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Rostum
10-27-2006, 03:35 AM
I get excited, then I remember where I live, and a little piece of me dies inside, everytime. :(

Dynast-Kid
10-27-2006, 03:52 AM
I get excited, then I remember where I live, and a little piece of me dies inside, everytime. :(

*Hugs*

yojimbosoul
10-27-2006, 05:38 AM
you'll have nothing left when it comes out.

Melodies_of_life
10-27-2006, 07:34 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really excited about this game comming out!!!!!!!!

Hey, I was wondering when the collectors edition of the game came out, and where can I get it when it does come out...?

Fate Fatale
10-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Yay! I can't wait!

Yar
10-27-2006, 09:07 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really excited about this game comming out!!!!!!!!

Hey, I was wondering when the collectors edition of the game came out, and where can I get it when it does come out...?

ONCE AGAIN!: Collector's Edition EXCLUSIVELY
at EB Games or GameStop and available October 31.

Paul
10-28-2006, 01:16 AM
hey does anyone know where i can get the collectors edition from????

Fate Fatale
10-28-2006, 02:13 AM
See the above post...

ONLY at EB games and ONLY if you preorder it. I doubt you can anymore though.

RiseToFall
10-28-2006, 02:50 AM
hey does anyone know where i can get the collectors edition from????

Do people even read what others have posted? I mean come on, it says the where and when practically above your post.

Anyway, It's The Final Countdown!!!, I wanted to shout that out.

Paul
10-28-2006, 03:35 AM
sorry i was just taking the piss, nobody got it

Rostum
10-28-2006, 03:46 AM
I got it. <3

RiseToFall
10-28-2006, 04:18 AM
sorry i was just taking the piss, nobody got it

:monocle: , I'm slow, don't hate. Besides there are plenty of posts like yours with people who are not joking. Just check out the FF X-2 forum:D

Ouch!
10-28-2006, 04:26 AM
It's okay, Paul. I thought it was funny. =D

Wolf Kanno
10-28-2006, 05:00 AM
I'm so happy, I went to my local Gamestop to pay off the rest of my preorder and the guys mentioned they were going to do a special midnight sale for FFXII so it looks like I'll be getting it a day early (sorta've:eep: )

Four more days...:mog:

Dynast-Kid
10-28-2006, 06:07 AM
It's almost here!

I just have to wait until Tuesday...

farplaner
10-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Why does it feel like I'm entering a black hole (that is, in terms of what I hear about time as you near a black hole). It feels like time is slowing to a stand still, and that maybe Tuesday will take an eternity to get here...though (also according to what I hear) I may be stretched and spaghettified before that time...

I wonder if I'll be able to make passing grades after XII's release...

Dynast-Kid
10-28-2006, 03:06 PM

I know how you feel.

As long as I have at least a B in all my classes, i'll be fine.

Just 3 more days!

Russielloyd
10-29-2006, 12:25 PM
You're in for a treat peoples! :D

Meimeiken
10-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Ahhhhh! Run! Woot!

1 day 5 hours and 5 minutes!

Ahhhhh!

Dragon Mage
10-30-2006, 12:59 AM
There was a review of the game in my DRAGON magazine. It sounded pretty sweet. Don't know if I should type any of it on here though....

farplaner
10-30-2006, 02:02 AM

I know how you feel.

As long as I have at least a B in all my classes, i'll be fine.

Just 3 more days! :D ;) :D

I got a message from my local gamestop saying that they will also be having a release party followed by a (slightly) early release on Monday at midnight. So I have exactly 28 hours to go... 27:59:59; 27:59:58; 27:59:57.... oh sorry, was I counting out loud?!

Wolf Kanno
10-30-2006, 02:17 AM
You know, I haven't been this excited about the release of a Final Fantasy since FFIX... It was the last FF I was truly obsessing over... God it's been what six years? :mog:

Vaan THF
10-30-2006, 02:19 AM
I've been obsessing over FFXII since I first heard about it in 2001..the only other FFs I've obsessed over were seeing the first article of FFVII for the N64 ( Yeah like that happened, lol. ) and then FFX.

Melodies_of_life
10-30-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm Sorry when I get on the internet I can't stay on very long so I have to skip to the last page.......I am Sorry..... Sorry....... So Sorry....... I won't ask agian.

One More Day!!!!!! One More Day!!!!!!! One More Day!!!!!!!!

James16
10-30-2006, 03:19 PM
ONLY ONE MORE DAY!!!! GAAAAAAAHAHAHAAA *shakes fist*:mad2:

qu1ck
10-30-2006, 04:34 PM
I have yet to finish Final Fantasy IX, so I'll beat that game and then start to play XII. Even if that is the case, I still pre-ordered, and very excited for it!

Yeargdribble
10-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Well I didn't pre-order until this morning. I dunno why I put it off so much. When I got there to pre-order they had cut off pre-orders for the regular so looks like I'm getting Limited (which I wouldn't mind anyway).

Now comes the waiting. I think I'm gonna have to take a nap or something to calm my nerves, and so I'll have some energy when I finally pick it up tonight.

13 hours left >.>

Melodies_of_life
10-30-2006, 08:15 PM
When FFXII does come out the chat rooms are going to be empty because everyone who got it will be playing it.

Jowy
10-30-2006, 08:22 PM
I fear what #eoff is going to be like tomorrow night. I'm thinking of #ffonline when FFX came out and it horrifies me.

Yar
10-30-2006, 08:49 PM
9 hours, 10 minutes.

I'm skipping half of a dday of school tomorrow to play it. Anyone have similar plans?

Vikeve
10-30-2006, 08:53 PM
No but my birthday is close so i'll get it then.:)

Fate Fatale
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Yay! One more day! My parents highly value my education, so I have to go to school... However, I want to, because My eyes are messed up, so I won't be able to play for that long for medical reasons.

Dynast-Kid
10-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Tommorrow we're going on a field trip to go see some stupid movie about Edgar Allen Poe. (The only reason why is so that we won't have homework and some kids can go trick-or-treating.) Anyways, I asked my mum if I could stay home and she said no and I was mad...But then I remembered she's the one buying me the game so, I couldn't be too mad at her!xP

I'm Sorry when I get on the internet I can't stay on very long so I have to skip to the last page.......I am Sorry..... Sorry....... So Sorry....... I won't ask agian.

Why are you apologizing?

farplaner, the game comes out TOMMORROW!

*Dance*

Yar
10-30-2006, 11:18 PM
i'm only getting special treatment because i'm a W and A-M tests the ASVAB tomorrow. My morning classes will have <6 people, which by policy is a study hall in that class for the day. The only exception is my Spanish class, made of both Juniors and Seniors.

Ashley Schovitz
10-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Yes it comes out tommorow no more days congratulations to a new FF!

TidusMaster
10-31-2006, 12:39 AM
god...i cant wait.....i have a Q..i live in winnipeg,and my mom doesnt care how much it is,cuse i havnt gotten a game in SUCH A LONG TIME!!! she says im doing TO good in my school wor...its scary she says...anyways,i didnt pre-order it..and im getting it on wednesday,around 6...do you think there will be any more in stock? and if not,when will stores start getting them in again?

Meimeiken
10-31-2006, 12:51 AM
whoo!

I was going to say that most of you don't even know the level of excitement I am feeling right now, but..most of you prolly do. Anyways my gameplan is:

Sometime - Friends house for pre-game(huh? :P)
11:00 - Be at Gamestop
12:01 - Have game in hand
Till 7:45 - Play Game
Till 3:00 - School(meh, I want to go)
Till 7:45(2nd) - Play

Sounds super-duper fun.

5 hours! woot!

Ah!

*Lady luck*
10-31-2006, 01:06 AM
Wow, I'm starting to feel a little nauseous. I am bursting with anticipation. I'm so anxious I can't stand it... its ridiculous.

Vikeve
10-31-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm very proud of myself I made sure to stay away from these threads and spoilers so now nothing has been ruined for me though I know about the gameplay the plot and mostly everything else will be a pleasent surprise I'm sure. I just saw a sommercial for it and now you guys got me all excited but im going trick or treating maybe im not such a loyal fan after all. But i don't care im still getting it and playing it for as long as I can but school is getting in my way! Stubid school do they not know the importance of FF!!!!

Master Vivi
10-31-2006, 03:00 AM
god...i cant wait.....i have a Q..i live in winnipeg,and my mom doesnt care how much it is,cuse i havnt gotten a game in SUCH A LONG TIME!!! she says im doing TO good in my school wor...its scary she says...anyways,i didnt pre-order it..and im getting it on wednesday,around 6...do you think there will be any more in stock? and if not,when will stores start getting them in again?

i highly doubt that there will be any left by wednesday.

Wolf Kanno
10-31-2006, 03:15 AM
3 hours and 45 minutes... I wish I could spend all day tomorrow playing it, but it looks like the best I can do is wait till Wedsnday night. I unfortunately have to make a living :cry: and work likes me to be there early... But at least I don't have to wait anymore;)

qu1ck
10-31-2006, 03:42 AM
I'll be getting my copy tomorrow morning after my first class.

LoCoAndy2K3
10-31-2006, 04:06 AM
I'm not going to class tomorrow. FF12 FTW!!!!!

Yeargdribble
10-31-2006, 05:17 AM
Grabbing my keys now.... be back in 30 minutes or so with my copy.

silentenigma
10-31-2006, 05:20 AM
got it.

Zeromus_X
10-31-2006, 05:23 AM
I have butterflies in my stomach!! ;_x :cat:

Sephex
10-31-2006, 05:44 AM
Picking it up right after work and playing it. My Haloween plans fell through and my parents want me to watch their house so I am going to play it then.

Khaotic
10-31-2006, 06:08 AM
Getting it tomorrow at like 1 in the afternoon. Reserved so doesn't matter.

Jowy
10-31-2006, 06:27 AM
It's glorious. The prologue music made me squee.

boys from the dwarf
10-31-2006, 07:29 AM
lucky americans! at least DoC is out on amazon two days after my birthday. go november 17th!

probably wont be as good as FF7 but it'll be fun.

i guess im just waiting for february 23rd. i'll use the time to play other video games i suppose.

Dynast-Kid
10-31-2006, 12:19 PM
I've got my older sis picking my copy up from Game Stop while i'm at school and she's on her way to work!

I'm so thrilled, that there aren't any words in the English language that can adequately convey my supreme state of bliss. Well, at least there are smilies!

:hyper::hyper::exdee::hyper::hyper:

James16
10-31-2006, 03:31 PM
This is going to be the slowest day of my young life....:(

Im going CRAAAAZY with anticipation :spin: :smash:

KasaiDraco
10-31-2006, 03:58 PM
A few months for me! I am not wasting $50 on a game when I can be a patient little girl and get it for only $20!

Vikeve
10-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Damn! I want it I want it! I want it!!!!!!!! But I need to wait until friday that sucks so much I have halloween plans whichc is cool but now i have to go through the week wonderng whats its like.

Melodies_of_life
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Tommorrow we're going on a field trip to go see some stupid movie about Edgar Allen Poe. (The only reason why is so that we won't have homework and some kids can go trick-or-treating.) Anyways, I asked my mum if I could stay home and she said no and I was mad...But then I remembered she's the one buying me the game so, I couldn't be too mad at her!xP

Why are you apologizing?

farplaner, the game comes out TOMMORROW!

*Dance*

I was apologizing b/c I didn't read the pages before I posted my last post....... If that makes any sense.......:D

The day has finall come and THE GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it yesterday!!!

James16
11-01-2006, 03:00 PM
I FINALLY HOLD THE GAME IN MA HANDS!!!:exdee: :exdee: :exdee: :exdee: ]

dude this game is now my favorite ff. The music an the graphics an the gameplay, it all gave me goosebumps!! I can now work on mastering yet another final fantasy!:mwahaha:

for anyone who hasnet gotten it yet....the game is sooo much more than your money's worth. Words can not describe its greatness!:bgl: :up: :thumb:

Dugradugburr
11-03-2006, 04:37 AM
*smiles at all of you*

It has been 27 days since I showed my high paced anticipation for this next installment and alas it is in my hands! I am about 16 hours in, around level 21. I have my ups and downs about the game, actually only one down and it's the music. Some of it is repetitive which made me sad =[. My favorite character has to be Balthier, I dont use him in my parties since I never really got him up there...but his character in the game is absolutely amazing.
Anways I am off to play somemore and do more sidequests.

Oh and by the way.

The countdown is finished and Balthier

Regards,
Dugradugburr