PDA

View Full Version : I am D I S E A S E D

Nominus Experse
10-06-2006, 10:38 PM
I was thinking last night about various syndromes and diseases, and I came to the realization that many of these afflictions carry people's names. These names are commonly their discoverers, but I have to wonder,

"Did they actually want to be known for a a terrible affliction?"

Well, the point of this thread is to describe what disease you would like to *discover*.

Include its full name (which would be your real name, your screen name, nickname, a name or title pertaining directly to you, or a play on said examples), a description of what it does, when it is in full swing, and all the other "goodies" of a disease or syndrome. You can even include pictures if you wish!

This might be fun, or it might just fall flat, I don't know.

I'll place mine in a bit.

Madame Adequate
10-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Hobbesisian Clasp
H.C. is a virus spread through direct physical contact (Or in rare cases, through sharing air in a confined space). To begin with, the sufferer exhibits no symptoms for a period of two to three weeks - during this time, the virus is taking hold subtly, usually transmitted through the bite of an animal. After that, the very first symptons begin to show.

The first symptons are of muscle stiffness, shortness of breath, and a few days later increasing deafness. Between days 17 and 25, the virus can be passed on through physical contact with open wounds, sexual activity, and as mentioned in a small number of cases (Approximately 0.3% of infections) through airborne transmission. After day 25 the symptoms begin to increase in severity, and the virus ceases transmissability, unless the patient is physically cut open and direct contact is made between an exposed internal part, and an open orifice of someone else.

The symptoms as of day 27 will be a feeling of extreme lethargy and heaviness in the limbs. The shortness of breath will become pronounced, making it difficult for any strenuous activity to be performed. Bowel movements will become more difficult, and foodstuffs will only be partially digested by the time they pass through the body and emerge in stools. Deafness will begin to severely affect the sufferer.

By day 30 the illness is in full flow; a respirator will become needed by this time to continue breathing, the functions of many other internal organs will be severely compromised, and the virus will first begin to affect the heart. The patient will experience very notable physical weakness, becoming bedridden by day 32 and entirely paralysed by day 35, as well as completely deaf. Around day 29 to 31, the patient's vision will begin to dull, with the visible spectrum gradually decreasing and the eye's abilities to focus and to adjust to changes in light beginning to suffer. By day 36 the eyelids will be unopenable by the patient, but artificially doing so will allow them a little more vision until day 37 or 38.

Day 40 and the patient's entire digestive system has failed. The lungs are almost entirely calcified, as are the limbs - the patient is extremely stiff, and cannot be manipulated. By this point tests will show a body more metal than organic. The heart will become the last organ to die, at around day 41. At this point the patient is clearly medically dead, but the virus will not yet be finished; the process of metallizing will continue, with the skin being the last to actually complete the transformation. The victim will, by day 55, have effectively become a metal sculpture.

Fortunately, the virus can be spotted fairly early, although the period of danger to others will have already passed by then. Still this does permit at least a chance of containment if the situation is right. Due to its transmission method however, the virus is generally more impaired in travelling between people than some other conditions. Nevertheless, with an extremely high mortality rate, and a torturous death, it is a fearsome condition.

Paro
10-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Paro's disease:

"Murphy's law as pathology."

Quindiana Jones
10-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I discovered a rare disease in which you imagine a strange man named Quin coming into your house and chopping off your chin, then leaving with it, cackling something about mantelpieces. I call it QCD (Quin Chin Disease).

theundeadhero
10-07-2006, 12:22 PM
the undeads disease
Homo Sapien Deceaseus

It slowly turns people into zombies and then they begin to melt.

YTDN
10-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Eleanorism

Causes the victim to have sudden mood swings from extreme hyperactivity to extreme depression. Can be caught by being in the general vicinity of a victim for a extended amount of time.