PDA

View Full Version : why didnt they make it game?

chrisfffan
10-07-2006, 01:34 AM
i watched the film and i think its ok but i really cant understand why they didnt make it a game everyone would of been happy and it would of sold loads! i would just like to know what everyone thinks

Odaisé Gaelach
10-07-2006, 04:02 AM
i watched the film and i think its ok but i really cant understand why they didnt make it a game everyone would of been happy and it would of sold loads! i would just like to know what everyone thinks

Because computer games are a lot harder to make than CGI films.

RiseToFall
10-07-2006, 06:32 AM

Because computer games are a lot harder to make than CGI films.

Otherwise, they wanted a quick buck.

boys from the dwarf
10-07-2006, 08:24 AM
i cant imagine this as a game. its not really needed. its just a quick sequel with no real importance and theres not enough to make it a game. it would need to be modified loads to make a half decent game and the films good. no game.

LunarWeaver
10-07-2006, 08:27 AM
The whole FFVII compilation seemed to me a big "test run" for Square. They had done spin-offs and such here and there before, but this was a huge group of them all surrounding one central world coming at once. That's probably why we got a safer bet like a movie and PSP game and all the rest then a very expensive full-on 50 hour RPG extravaganza.

I like that it was a movie myself. I liked the whole idea of expanding on VII like they did in various genres and medias. I guess they like it too, seeing as XIII is now planned to be similar right from the start. I think it's good though, and now that XIII is made with a compilation in mind I believe they will be even more successful at it.

chrisfffan
10-07-2006, 05:37 PM
but if they made it a game it would of been slightley different thats why i think it would have been better plus the only people who would see this film are fans and kids no adults would watch it

Raebus
10-07-2006, 05:41 PM
So adults arent allowed to be fans of final fantasy?

Mea Culpa
10-07-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm an adult and I loved it. So did my friends who are also adults. I liked that it was a movie, I think it allowed for deeper character development. I think making it a game might have weakened the flow of the story.

Raebus
10-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Game = More time to concentrate on story and character development.

Film = Around two hours to fit everything in.

Darthgamer
11-06-2006, 04:00 AM
I would rather they spend their time preparing to release the other games not a spin off. lol

~SapphireStar~
11-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I would rather they spend their time preparing to release the other games not a spin off. lol

They were taking thier time with 12, so maybe this was a way to keep the fans? Thats how I see it anyway.

Fatal Impurity
11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
i think its better as a film as the story isnt long or developed enough to be a game......a classic mistake of a game that should of been a film (and probably a good one too) was FF10-2 because the story wasnt quite complicated enough for a game, the game fell flat on its face and now there are people camped outside squaresoft with shotguns wanting thier money and 30 hours of their life back.......and do you REALLY want that to happen to FF7?

crazy chocobo
11-07-2006, 09:53 PM
It was a 20 minute concept that changed into a full length movie at the last minute. Also Square is reluctant to make spinoffs and were experimenting. But they are probably remaking it for the PS3. ( I hope!)

Fatal Impurity
11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
i hope not.....theres already too much been done to FF7 and with the original being re-made on the ps3 it'll just become another FF10-2 except even worse because it will defile a gaming legend.....