PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dyeing

Evastio
10-07-2006, 02:45 AM
What do you think about Hair Dying? Do you like it or not? Do you find it annoying when others dye their hair?

eestlinc
10-07-2006, 02:49 AM
it's cool if you are into that. I don't think my hair would dye very well, though.

I corrected your misspelling since "hair dying" makes me think of going bald.

Evastio
10-07-2006, 02:51 AM
I really hate hair dying. It makes people's hair look a lot more defective. :(
it's cool if you are into that. I don't think my hair would dye very well, though.

I corrected your misspelling since "hair dying" makes me think of going bald.
I spelt it wrong? :confused:

final fantasy is stinky
10-07-2006, 02:55 AM
I like my pink hair with purple streaks its super:love:

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2006, 02:57 AM
I've never actually dyed my hair, but I've always thought a platinum blue color would look nice :P

BardTard
10-07-2006, 03:42 AM
I dyed my hair black once and it looked funny even though I think my hair should have genetically been black. It was probably crappy stuff. It was "wear out" or something (it faded out in less than a month) Then last year or so I had a blonde streak in the front, on the right. BTW my hair color is naturally brown. I'm totally okay with it, even though my mom tells me I can't but she does it. >HYPOCRITE!<

Faris
10-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Just so long as the colour goes well with the other person's eye colour, I don't care. I just wouldn't dye my hair.

Ryth
10-07-2006, 03:52 AM
I don't want to dye my hair, I don't think it'd work out well but I don't care if others dye it. It's not my place to say what they can or can't do with themselves.

Dixie
10-07-2006, 04:10 AM
Oh my pie. You started a thread about hair dying because I told you I dyed my hair. xD

At first, I thought hair dying was great, then...yeah. I've been dying it to try to get back to my original colour. So far, no luck. ;_;

eestlinc
10-07-2006, 04:12 AM
dying is the participle of die
dyeing is the participle of dye

Xaven
10-07-2006, 05:26 AM
Everyone loves present participles. Gerunds are great too.

I would only dye streaks of my hair. Which I've done. (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/13400/xaven1) The first inch or so from my hair line back is dyed blue.

I'm fine with other's dyeing their hair, so long as it's not totally hideous. One (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=23754) particular friend of mine dyes her hair fairly often all sorts of reds and purples and stuff, and I like it.

nik0tine
10-07-2006, 05:28 AM
I like it when people dye their hair wild or unnatural colors. It's cool. Too bad you can't get a job looking like that. :mad:

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2006, 05:31 AM
I don't see why they don't let you do that in school...What's so bad about blue hair?

nik0tine
10-07-2006, 05:36 AM
I don't see why they don't let you do that in school...What's so bad about blue hair?
I don't know of any public school that prohibits that.

Decessus
10-07-2006, 05:37 AM

It's distracting.

Xaven
10-07-2006, 05:37 AM
I don't know of any public school that prohibits that.
My Elementary / Jr. High school did/would. (It's a K-8th fundamental school.) They're super uptight.

nik0tine
10-07-2006, 05:38 AM

It's distracting.
wtf? Since when?

Decessus
10-07-2006, 05:44 AM

It's distracting.
wtf? Since when?

Since the school said so.

kikimm
10-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah that was the reason my middle school gave to kids who wanted to dye their hair OUTRAGEOUS colours. But now it's high school and we can do pretty much whatever.

I used to dye my hair. I don't anymore. Just a phase.

Kamiko
10-07-2006, 06:35 AM
I just dyed my hair black and it will be bright red by the end of next week. I love dying it. It's much more fun for me to do than let it be one color, which is boring.

DarkLadyNyara
10-07-2006, 06:47 AM
If I dye my hair, it will be a color not found in humans. :D Probably just streaks, though.

It's distracting.
wtf? Since when?

Since the school said so.

Oh, god, don't remind me. :rolleyes2 They said the same thing about spiked hair at my school. So glad I'm in college.

Yuffie514
10-07-2006, 07:36 AM
it's ok. i put brown streaks in my hair a few years ago. that was pretty much the only time i dyed my hair...

ValkyrieWing
10-07-2006, 07:57 AM
I accidentally dyed my hair purple once...some kid though it would be funny to swap the bottles in the kit. ><

Rainecloud
10-07-2006, 08:41 AM
I like it when my Guardian Force ... I mean, Girlfriend colours her hair, but I'd never do anything like that myself. I have jet-black hair, and I'm very happy with it, even if it is a total grease bomb most of the time.

Colouring your hair using ridiculously bright colours makes you look dumb. Colouring your hair with nice, normal colours makes you look fresh and different.

starseeker
10-07-2006, 09:29 AM
I get tempted to use temporary hair dye to dye my hair pink. I wouldn't dye my hair permanently, except maybe black, since my eyebrows are that colour. (My hair is naturally light brown)

Yooniece
10-07-2006, 10:14 AM
My hair is naturally black. I love it that color. I kept it natural for a really long time, but every few months between years of having black hair, I get a strong urge to dye it (usually light brown with blonde highlights). I don't like having to take extra care of my hair after it's dyed, but hey, highlights are pretty.

I don't care if others dye their hair. It's a form of self-expression. However, one thing that I CANNOT stand is noticable, ridiculous roots. Any growth of about 1.5-2 inches or more is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Especially if you have naturally dark hair and you dyed it blonde... oh god... it drives me nuts.

Yuna-Lenne
10-07-2006, 10:29 AM
I've never dyed my hair but I don't care if others do it, even if they end up making their hair look really unnatural, it's their choice. ^_^ I have had hilights put in but those are almost gone, I like my natural colour. It might look dull in some lights but in the sun in goes a golden blonde, really nice. ^_^

Reine
10-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I dyed it black a few times, it looked awesome when it grew out more, as the red roots, with the black hair looked pretty awesome

Ive also had my hair metallic silver xD

Anaisa
10-07-2006, 11:48 AM
My natural hair colour doesn't suit me at all, unless it's curled. But the type of curl I like, can't be put in with a perm apparantly. The only colour that suits me curled or straight, is blonde. So I like to have my hair dyed that colour. The only problem is the roots. Root regrowth looks horribly tacky. I hate certain highlights as well. Like copper highlights in black hair. It looks horrible. The worst though, is black/dark brown haired people with blonde hightlights. They look so cheap. If your dying your hair an it looks better than your natural colour, it's a good thing. If it looks worse than your natural colour, it's a bad thing, an a total waste of money. An women who have tacky blonde highlights an a heavy tan because they think men like it, make me feel sick.

Xander
10-07-2006, 12:03 PM
I like it but don't like to do it to my own hair too much as I think overdying is bad. Recently I had it dyed a little darker, with reddish streaks kinda underneath but they don't show that much...it's still there a little and I think it looks okay but was a bit of a rip off for the price.

I got these clip in hair colours now, pink and blue, they work pretty well and people keep thinking it's my actual hair >_> It's good cos I can change which colours I wear depending on what I'm wearing/feel like. I quite like pink bits on their own but lately I've been preferring just my natural colour. I change my mind too much to have anything too permanent.

Madonna
10-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I don't try to hide my gray hairs.

Quindiana Jones
10-07-2006, 12:58 PM
My hair's dyed. :(

But nooo. My hair changes colour on it's own. I used to have bright blonde curly hair, then it went dark brown and straight and now it's light brown and curly. ALL WITHOUT DYING OR STRAIGHTENING OR ANYTHING. I'm magical.

Polaris
10-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I'd love to make black or purple or white streaks

Evastio
10-07-2006, 05:30 PM
I especially don't like hair dyeing when someone dies their hair a colour that really doesn't suit them because of their skin colour. (Eg: Asian or African people dying their hair blond)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
10-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I've never felt the urge to dye my hair

nik0tine
10-07-2006, 09:17 PM

But nooo. My hair changes colour on it's own. I used to have bright blonde curly hair, then it went dark brown and straight and now it's light brown and curly. ALL WITHOUT DYING OR STRAIGHTENING OR ANYTHING. I'm magical.Ahh, the magic of puberty.

Breine
10-07-2006, 09:27 PM
I think hair dyeing is totally fine. As someone else said it's a way of expressing oneself and such, but it can also make some people look a whole lot better - you know, when they get another hair colour.

I haven't been into dyeing my hair that much myself, though. I have had platinum blonde hair once, but luckily that was just a phase, and I have had my natural dark brown colour ever since.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-07-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, but my hair tends to look silly with any other color.

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2006, 09:58 AM

But nooo. My hair changes colour on it's own. I used to have bright blonde curly hair, then it went dark brown and straight and now it's light brown and curly. ALL WITHOUT DYING OR STRAIGHTENING OR ANYTHING. I'm magical.Ahh, the magic of puberty.

Puberty over my whole life???? Crikey! It went curly again because I grew my hair, and then got it cut short, which made it byoingy.

NorthernChaosGod
10-09-2006, 12:41 AM
I wouldn't dye my own hair, but I'm fine with others dying their hair depending on the color though.

Vikeve
10-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Sometimes I don't like it and i think that it just made the person look stubid.

However, there are a few cases where i thought it lookes pretty cool on the person.

I shan't not never not do such a thing.:)

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-09-2006, 01:02 AM
I recently had my hair purple, I've also had pink, blue, black, red, blonde, and now it has blonde streaks.

Iceglow
10-09-2006, 01:06 AM
I like tinkers hair naturally but it did look fantastic in purple. My own hair has been dyed black many a time though often getting black to stick in mine is a problem so I use a deep blue called cosmic blue.