PDA

View Full Version : Rave/Techno/Dance

Sylvie
10-07-2006, 06:45 AM
So, who likes Techno/Rave music? I love it. I find some really sweet mixes on LimeWire. My favorite mixes so far are:

Water Rave
Fragma Vs Darude Vs 666 Vs Dj Aligator Vs Atb - Tocastorm (Club Edit)

I have a TON more but I can't name them right now.

RiseToFall
10-07-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm really not into the whole dance/techno scene, but one of my good buddies really really is. He keeps going up to Canada because I guess all the DJ's play at some huge club called the Guverment. I do want to go their atleast once, just to see what keeps brining him back up there.

Paro
10-07-2006, 01:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music

theundeadhero
10-07-2006, 11:06 PM
I enjoy it.

T-MaN
10-07-2006, 11:24 PM
I enjoy listenin' to it. Probably is the reason I started to dance.

I Am Stoner
10-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Its good, although, I find Gabba hardcore techno to be better than the poncy airy trancy stuff. DJ Neophyte is a legend.

LunarWeaver
10-08-2006, 02:47 AM
My techno remix of the Tetris theme is one of the few things I'll stoop low enough to say "owns" for.

I have lots of rave/techno remixes of classical songs too. Nothing like Mozart you can dance to.

Sylvie
10-08-2006, 02:55 AM
What are the remixes called?

LunarWeaver
10-08-2006, 03:05 AM
The classical music ones all have generic Limewire names like "Red Dragon(classical techno remix)" , "Nicely Nice (remix)" , or "Canon D in major- Techno remix" that sort of thing.

The Tetris one is called "DJ Rush- Tetris Russian Theme (Techno Remix)".

Normally, I just type in the words "Classical Techno Remix" and d/l whatever the hell I find. Download a remix of Carmina Burana, that song is spicy goodness to my ears.

Edit: Er, I mean buy, not download...or something.

BardTard
10-08-2006, 03:09 AM
I love techno, it makes me all ADD like and happy. :D My mom says techno is for gay people... whatever.

ValkyrieWing
10-08-2006, 03:28 AM
TECHNO!

Darude is amazing...'Before the Storm' is probably my favorite...

I play lotd of DDR, so I naturally love techno and rave. :)

Ryth
10-08-2006, 04:31 AM
I enjoy it but I'm not a big fan. I like Daft Punk and Freezepop. As well as Scooter. I think those fit the genre anyhow. Outside of that, I don't really know anything.

Nominus Experse
10-08-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm more into the uderground or alternative subsects of its genres, such as psychedelic techno, goa, drum 'n' bass, etc...

Mainstream techno I commonly find irritates me due to its... overbearingly repetitive nature and bubbly, happy beats and synths.

Some favorite musicans and bands that touch into the techno or electronica genre include:

Amon Tobin
Fluke
Velvet Acid Christ
Razed in Black
The Future Sound of London
The Crystal Method
Funker Vogt
L´âme Immortelle
Front Line Assembly
Assemblage 23
Das Ich
Atlas
Massive Attack (100th Window album)
Project Pitchfork
Suicide Commando
Icon of Coil
Leæther Strip
:Wumpscut:
Skinny Puppy
KMFDM
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
Juno Reactor
Android Lust
VNV Nation

Many of the ones mentioned are more commonly known as Industrial, EBM, or Gothic artists, but they many times dip directly into the Electronica genre.

SnoopyG
10-08-2006, 07:35 AM
im into techno/trance/dance and all that jazz. But i find happy trance songs to be pleasant for the mind during stressful times.

ValkyrieWing
10-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Crystal Method FTW.

El Bandito
10-08-2006, 07:48 AM
I really dig some ambience every now and then. Some Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada just really hits the spot sometimes.

Also, I'm really getting into Mylo and Vitalic. They make some fun stuff.

Nominus Experse
10-08-2006, 07:59 AM
I really dig some ambience every now and then. Some Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada just really hits the spot sometimes.

Wow... I don't know how I managed to forget Aphex Twin. He is amazing.

Boards of Canada are also great artists.

I am surprised no one has mentioned The Chemical Brothers, Oakenfold, or some other very well-known, over-played musicians yet...

El Bandito
10-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Well, I really like the Chemical Brothers and Fatboy Slim, but everyone and their mothers listen to them.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Techno, dance, etc, are probably the only types of music that I can not warm up to. I hate dancing or going to clubs where they play that kind of music. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's far from my tastes of Classical, smooth Jazz, and a little bit of heavy metal.