PDA

View Full Version : SPARE MONEYZ 4 A NUB?

No.78
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
LOL

Miriel
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Topic!

What do you think about n00bs who beg for gil? Have you ever begged for gil? What do you think about handing out gil to newbies in general?

I for one have begged for gil before. But only cause people dared me to. :p

When I first started the game, complete strangers asked me if I was new, and then took me to do a few random quests to earn some gil. And they also gave me a bunch of pies to use for my WHM and also some stuff to sell at the Auction House to earn me some more gil. I was super grateful for these people who helped me early on. So every person I've ever brought into the game, including people on this forum who have asked for a worldpass, I've always tried to give them as much of a head start as possible, and since the gil the game gives you to start off with is rather pitiful, I do give newbie friends a small fund of 20-50k to get them rolling.

I don't usually give money to people who beg. But people who dance for me? Sure, those people I am willing to give gil to. And then there are those random /shouts I see where someone is absolutely pleading for gil to ride the airship or something. Those people make me laugh and I do give the occassional handout.

Del Murder
10-07-2006, 09:31 PM
I've only seen a shout for gil once or twice.

One time when I was in a party we were heading out from Jueno to the Citadel or something, and one of our members asked if he could borrow some gil for the chocobo. It was like 200 gil. Who doesn't have 200 gil? I've had over a million before and I don't craft or farm or anything (and I don't buy it either!).

It's really easy to make money in this game if you are somewhat intelligent. Of course, the way I make money banks on the fact that not a lot of the other players are that intelligent, so there you go.

Fuego
10-07-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't (ever) have alot of gil ... the most i have had one me at one time is like maybe 100,000 ...

so, no, i wouldn't give gil away ... but i would help out some other free way :lol:

Markus. D
10-07-2006, 10:41 PM
mhmm mhmm.

oh dear... mhmm...

:|

oh dear...

I dont mind if someone begs for gill, as I will most likely give it to them.

but if they spend an hour begging for say... 10 gill, ill go shoo em off and tell its faster to go make it themselves as to standing there.

theundeadhero
10-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Someone on the LS gave me some free potions once. That's about it. I generally haven't had to worry about money much because I could always afford to buy what I needed easily enough, but now that I'm getting in the upper lvl 20's I'm started to get broke. I need to start earning some cash. Noone has ever directly asked me for gil, unless it was an absolutely ridiculous amount, so I haven't had a chance to see if I would give them some or not.

I think Levian and I have swapped minor gil or items around before, but that doesn't count cause we already know each other.

Rogue
10-07-2006, 11:53 PM
i dont like gil beggers they make me mad :(

Rostum
10-08-2006, 12:07 AM
When someone asks me for gil, I will say yes. And give them 10g. D; They always say thank you, too!

dodhungry
10-08-2006, 03:52 AM
I absoulutly hate gil beggers...just cause I have my M on dose not mean I am uber rich...I just broke 100k a few days ago...I earned all my money the long hard synth/farm/mule meathod.

Now somtimes if I get a telle for gil I will tell them back "No I will not just "give" gil but I will show you how to make quick easy gil"

as for handouts...I have had one or two people just give me something for no reason and never said anything except for your welcome..but that was still when I had my ? As for now I refuse handouts...ie..I was stuck in Kazam at lvl 27ish Mnk, didnt have the 200 to get back on the airship, had just enough for a choco into the jungle..My thoughts on that is it was the incentive to get to lvl 30 without taking a break and leaving.

Finaly do I give handouts...yes..but not gil.. I will every once in a while give away free armor if I dont need it or I know it will not sell. but other than that NO GIL HANDOUTS

Fuego
10-08-2006, 04:32 AM
I agree with Dodhungry :D

Ouch!
10-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I used to give great axes and axes to newbie warriors if I saw them using a sword.

I decided it was a hopeless effort and stopped.

Fuego
10-08-2006, 10:37 PM
poop ouch! that makes me sad D:

I just tell War's that they need one ... i can't afford to keep great axes and axes on me :P

Misfit
10-09-2006, 07:23 PM
I gave gil to some losers before. ^_^

And I gave gil to some other normal people, too.
I don't usually give it to beggers unless THEY ARE MY FRIENDS zOmG! <33

Ouch!
10-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I don't give anything out if people beg for it. I remember I helped a guy out with San d'Oria M 1-2, and once we were out of KRT he asked me for gil. I told him "I'm sorry, I don't hand out gil when people ask for it," and he goes off about how selfish I am. I mean, come on, I just spent a good twenty minutes of my time killing those damn bats for you, and suddenly I'm selfish? It's people like him that made me stop with the handouts.

Jimsour
10-09-2006, 08:51 PM
You can give me as much gil as you want. I need a hauby!

Actually, someone that use to play on my server use to make mules to beg with and he said he could pull in 50k in an hour easily.. not bad, lmao.

I've given gil to people, if I know that person is new and they ask nicely, I'll slide in 10k, but if they are a bit dickheadish about it I pull the "I dont speak any english" trick and wave goodbye.

Fuego
10-09-2006, 09:51 PM
LMAO !!! i have done that before .... i will type in spanish that i don't understand english :evilking: !!!
But in reality i don't really know spanish ! just enough to make it convincing :tongue: !!!

I like it when people don't act like an ass askin' for money. It makes me want to help them, rather than B-list them.

Mirage
10-09-2006, 10:46 PM
So, how do you guys usually make money?
I just do the occational farming and sell my crystals. I'm just looking for new ideas.

Miriel
10-09-2006, 10:54 PM
I just do the occational farming and sell my crystals. I'm just looking for new ideas.

I asked the same question (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=89033) a few months ago. :)

Fuego
10-10-2006, 12:03 AM
it depends on what lvl you are and where you can get to ... lately i have been farming nin/brd scrolls in Castle Oztroja.

or beastman blood in pashow marshlands ...

Del Murder
10-10-2006, 04:02 AM
I've made a million gil buying things from people's Bazaar and selling it in the AH.

One time I did a shout offering up 1000 gil to the first person who could find me. After the person found me we played hide and seek for a while.

Jimsour
10-10-2006, 01:13 PM

When Ramuhs economy was a bit more inflated I mined a lot and made prism powders from moblin masks I dug up (amonst other things to sell). But now prism powders have dropped from 30k to about 10k :eek:

I'm taking a break from the game so I'm not looking to make gil, I will log on now and again and level goldsmithing for a while, may as well take advantage of the deflation :tongue:

Fuego
10-14-2006, 12:48 AM
I had some one ask me for alot of moneys last night ... i was like

"LMAO!!! You have gotta be kiddin' me !"

The thing that made me think its was a joke was that he was a lvl 50+
Sadly it wasn't @.@

I'm the one who needs money ... *Broke ass Taru*

Jimsour
10-14-2006, 02:52 AM
you would think by Lv50 they would know how to earn a simple 50k. Especially a DRK, who are fast farmers anyway. (Low level stuff.)

Fuego
10-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Hell, by lvl 5 i was farming silk thread and beehive chips in sarutabaruta ....
at that time a stack of silk was goin for about 30k ...

I don't think you could even get to lvl 50 if you didn't know how to make gil somehow ... and panhandlin' (at least in my opinion) would get harder and harder seein' as how people would eventually remember you beggin' and stop with the handouts ...

i mean at that lvl if i were a Drk, i'd farm Beastman blood in pashow ... just equip rng for sub (gotta love that wide scan) and start hackin' into those leeches with a vengance ... and if memory serves that is a great way to wrack in the $$$$$$$$

:bigbiggri

Diyo
11-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Hell, by lvl 5 i was farming silk thread and beehive chips in sarutabaruta ....
at that time a stack of silk was goin for about 30k ...

I don't think you could even get to lvl 50 if you didn't know how to make gil somehow ... and panhandlin' (at least in my opinion) would get harder and harder seein' as how people would eventually remember you beggin' and stop with the handouts ...

i mean at that lvl if i were a Drk, i'd farm Beastman blood in pashow ... just equip rng for sub (gotta love that wide scan) and start hackin' into those leeches with a vengance ... and if memory serves that is a great way to wrack in the $$$$$$$$

:bigbiggri

Was this about me Fuego LOL???

Fuego
11-02-2006, 09:40 PM
No buddy, you know how to farm >.<

There is a person who (can you believe) doesn't know how to farm, he/she gets gil somehow ... (probly buys it) but i told them to farm because they are askin' the wrong person for gil (Imma soo broke)and they said "Whats farming" ... (?!?!?!?) I ask'd how they got the gil for the gear they had and they said someone gave it to them.

I almost forgot you ask'd me for some money'z too LOL
If it was you, i'd have used your name ... i'd be like, Diyo that Noob asked me for money :tongue: :lol:

But no, i don't think of you as a NOOB :lol:

***EDIT***

I've met alot of Noobish people who play dark and dragoon (who are high lvl (usually 50+)) (i don't think that askin' a friend for some gil now and again is Noobish or a problem, hell i've bum'd money from probly half the LS since i started to now) >.< ... and it could have been any number of people ... and curse my short term memory loss (wish i could remember their name) >.<

Diyo
11-09-2006, 12:01 PM
hahaha yea i know everybody has bummed money before..its like u have to every once in a while lol...but im financially stable on FF Xl if i might say so myself..except when i hit 59 nd got buy dat damn Hauby -.-!....to bad i can't play anymore...damn monthly fee lol...i will be back on soon doh!!

nd dat dude knew wat farming is...he was just tryin to make it beliveable that he is clueless on how to make gil so u can feel sorry for him nd help him out...lol i've been dere done dat ^^!..hard to belive he made it to the 50's without somebody tellin him to farm to make money..how i make my money doh is bounty huntin items for ppl who sythesis ^^

Fuego
11-09-2006, 09:46 PM
/cry !!! Dat sux !! I hope to see you soon !

I think he bought gil and didn't have money IRL to buy more XD

But its possible he was tryin' to play me for a fool. Either way, i don't mind lendin' money's to a LS mate .. i just don't like random peeps come'n up and bein' like ummmm .... i need money please help me out or something ... i;m like Who Tha' F??? Are You ?!?!?! I gotta buy armor too ! Not to mention my scrolls aren't sellin' too well ATM ... :crying2:

I feel like an ass when i do that too ... but i really can't spare that much ... i'm not an heiress to some taur leg hair removal miracle product or chain of morgues for FFXI'ers (characters not peeps) who don't make it back ... :cry: :mwahaha: