PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights Rate The Game

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-07-2006, 11:46 PM
On a scale of one through ten how would you rate the original Neverwinter Nights? I bought this game about five months ago and I haven't completed it yet so I'll reserve my judgment.

I Am Stoner
10-07-2006, 11:55 PM
9/10 Its one of the greatest RPGs ever made. Ever.

Markus. D
10-08-2006, 12:46 AM
9/10

perhaps the greatest RPG on the PC I have ever played and loved.

World of Iniquity was one of mymost cherished mods I ever stepped upon.

Im really excited about getting Neverwinter Nights 2 and playing World of Iniquity on there :D

as for the actual campaigns, they all played out well till the ending... kinda left me empty.... after all that was going on.

still 9/10.

Lost Number
10-08-2006, 12:56 AM
10/10. The best D&D game i have ever played. Including the aurora toolset was a stroke of genius. It got me into C++. The range and scope of some worlds, especially the RP world, with such creative editing, some even goig as to write books based to NWN worlds. Love it.

Araciel
10-08-2006, 05:26 AM
yeah i would rate it pretty high, thanks to the dm toolset...i just got my NWN2 presell toolset last week and it's AMAZING...this game will easily be as good as the original

Samuraid
10-08-2006, 09:51 AM
bugs/10

Seriously. It is one of the most buggy games I have ever played, but it is still a lot of fun.

9/10

Zante
10-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Never realy got into the singleplayer part of it. Multiplayer is amazing though, cause people actualy roleplay. 10/10

Squall_Cannon
10-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Ten's all across the board. I enjoyed the Online more though

Rainecloud
10-08-2006, 12:50 PM
8/10.

Great music, great graphics, great story. It just takes too long to get into, and it's not quite up to scratch when compared to the Baldur's Gate series, in my opinion.

Wuggly Blight
10-08-2006, 02:04 PM
10/10 I still play it now regually all these years after its release when I first got it. It has the longest life span of any game ever made, The history of the world its set in (offical campaign) Is infinate, the Toolset is a masterpeice and the character creation tool is fantastic.

Ender
10-09-2006, 06:12 PM
The engine itself deserves an 8/10. The henchman system, which was improved with later releases/patches is still crap compared to control one gets with the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series. Otherwise they did an excellent job IMO porting DnD 3.0 rules to the computer, and the toolset and player-made campaigns make the game more than worthwhile to own.

The main campaign that comes with the game is about a 1/10. Seriously, many player-made scenarios are better.

The add-on campaigns Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark are significantly better, probably 6/10 and 7/10 respectively, though that comes from somebody familiar with the Forgotten Realms setting.

Truth be told, I like both BG games and both IWD games better than NWN from an all-things-considered perspective. And KoTOR and TSL both employ essentially the same rule system to better effect than NWN. I'm definitely looking forward to NWN2, though. It's going to be a huge winner IMO.