PDA

View Full Version : All right, Ive done it this time...

hydrojolt
10-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Well, if theres any help, please help me! Ive been wandering around the world of ruin and I happened to wander into Doma Castle...Well, it went well at first, I beat the stooges and got past the train-now heres the problem...To leave, youve gotta beat Wrexsoul and save Cyan...I dont have X-zone to destroy the soulsavers and to get wrexsoul to show up, you kill one of your characters, then bring them back and kill him, and so on...Im out of Fenix down and Noone knows life-Do I have to restart?? Im using Celes, Edgar and Sabin, although Sabins dead...Unfortunately, I didnt save before I went in and then saved all spots once I was one...Am I screwed???

Roto13
10-08-2006, 01:42 AM
They don't have to die, they have to be near death (if I recall). As long as you have potions/cure magic, you can still win.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-08-2006, 02:09 AM
roto is right, your characters don't have to die. You just have to be low in life for them to come out. For this one if I recall correctly, all you have to do is beat Wrexsoul and not the soul blazes?. You mention "show up", but I don't remember him disappearing.

Well, if you have vanish and doom, I'd use that as your way out. If not, just hit him with your hardest magics and pray for mother mercy to have compassion on your players. Good luck!

Necronopticous
10-08-2006, 02:15 AM
You're only moderately screwed. It will be a hard fight without Fenix Downs, but it is possible, just a matter of good preparation, improvision, and trial & error. Don't give up, you can do it.

Don't bother attacking the SoulSavers at all, focus everything on Wrexsoul when you get him to emerge.

eestlinc
10-08-2006, 02:35 AM
I don't remember this battle ever being tough, but I guess I never run out of Phoenix Downs.

Roto13
10-08-2006, 02:43 AM
I don't remember it ever being tough, but I had X-Zone.

Psychotic
10-08-2006, 03:00 AM
I used the same party as you and I had only brought 2, and although that's not quite as bad as your situation, I still managed it. It's tough but do-able.

If Celes has Ice 2 or Ice 3, then use that, and have Edgar use Chainsaw. Another thing I did was to cast poison on my characters, because the poison damage does less than any attacks made on them, and this can mean the difference between killing them and getting them to near-death, although you'll have to be handy with cure moves.

BustaMo
10-08-2006, 07:01 AM
I actually just completed this part of the game early yesterday morning. I had Locke as my main power hitter, so I killed off Sabin and Mog, (since Locke had Life 3). I killed off those other 2 characters, then when Locke was at about 200 or so HP, Wrexsoul showed back up and I Life 2'd my dead characters, then Life 3'd then to make sure they wouldn't die from the Ice3 and Fire 3 spells that the SoulSavers were casting.

So basically I kicked the junk out of Wrexsoul with Locke hitting 5,000+ with the Ragnarok, the Sabin attacking regularly. I had Counter Attack on Locke to so that each time Wrexsoul hit him, I attacked for another 5,000+. That's how I did it yesterday morn. Good luck to ya!

Levian
10-08-2006, 01:53 PM
This fight is the reason I haven't played FFVI in a year. I hadn't saved in a really long time. :/

ljkkjlcm9
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM
So basically I kicked the junk out of Wrexsoul with Locke hitting 5,000+ with the Ragnarok, the Sabin attacking regularly.

Why were you using Ragnarok? Get Illumina!

THE JACKEL

BustaMo
10-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Illumina...? How and where?

My Ragnarok is at 550+ strength for Locke's attack right now when he has on the relic "Gauntlet".

@Levian: So you haven't played FFVI because you are right before the Wrexsoul fight on your data save and can't move on? Ouch. I usually make a separate save file on my card just before heading into something like Cyan's Soul in case I find out I'm not strong enough to complete this part of the game at this point. Then I'd revert back to my last save spot on the worldmap and level some more. Sorry to hear you're in a pickle. Yeah literally; no for real. Good luck with that one!

Jowy
10-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Betting the Ragnarok at the colosseum starts a fight with a Didalos for the Illumina. It's the strongest sword in the game, next to the Atma Weapon.

Zeromus_X
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
You can also just use X-Zone on the two Soulsavers. That'll win the battle immediately, if I recall (I think Wrexsoul has to be possessing a party member first though).

Edit: Well, if you had it, anyway.

Roto13
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
He doesn't have it, and he doesn't. :P

feioncastor
10-09-2006, 03:27 PM
I had Locke as my main power hitter

Bum Rush get.

ljkkjlcm9
10-09-2006, 06:24 PM

Bet the Ragnarok at the Colliseum

THE JACKEL

feioncastor
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM

Bet the Ragnarok at the Colliseum

THE JACKAL

Here's something interesting.

I went to the veldt with Gau and Relm in my party. I had Gau leap, and when he came back, right in that half second spot, I had Relm use "Sketch" on him.

Gau ran away, and came back after another fight.

But I suddenly had 114 Illuminas, 8 Muscle Belts, 20-something Gem-boxes, and a bunch of other stuff.

My beef with getting the Illumina is that you don't get the Esper Ragnarok... How else can you learn Ultima?

Jowy
10-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Paladin Shield allows you to learn it, and Terra learns it automatically when she reaches level 97 (i believe).

And that's the Sketch bug. It erases save games sometimes. ;)

ljkkjlcm9
10-09-2006, 10:52 PM
I always get the sword because the paladin shield can teach Ultima, so you don't really lose anything by choosing the sword.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
10-09-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't bother with the sword because I almost never use the "fight" command. :P Also, it takes a really long time to get the Paladin shield.

ljkkjlcm9
10-10-2006, 12:20 AM
I don't bother with the sword because I almost never use the "fight" command. :P Also, it takes a really long time to get the Paladin shield.

not that long, if you get it ASAP and have it equipped on a character while you do everything else, it tends to happen without even trying.

THE JACKEL

10-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Holy crap, you did the exact same thing I did my first attempt through. I saved in Doma and the esper that teaches X-zone was on a character not in my party. I tried so many times to beat him but just couldn't. I stopped playing for a year or so then started over. To this day I get stabbity urges everytime I hear someone say how easy Wrexsoul is.

feioncastor
10-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Okay, I hate to even be the idiot who has to ask this, but how do you get the Paladin Shield?

Necronopticous
10-10-2006, 01:15 AM
This thread has really swayed topic, but since it is still constructive...You get the Paladin Shield by first grabbing the Cursed Shield from the man in Narshe (World of Ruin) in the house north of the relic shop. It will change into the Paladin shield when it is equipped through 255 consecutive battles.

BustaMo
10-10-2006, 01:28 AM
I had Locke as my main power hitter

Bum Rush get.
Already got it. It's just not good to use everywhere due to it hitting a random enemy. You can't depend on it in the Wrexsoul battle due to the fact that you may hit a SoulSaver instead, and they can't die. That why I attacked mainly in this battle.

Roto13
10-10-2006, 04:57 PM

not that long, if you get it ASAP and have it equipped on a character while you do everything else, it tends to happen without even trying.

THE JACKAL

I leave Locke until last because I hate the Phoenix cave, so I don't get it ASAP.

ljkkjlcm9
10-10-2006, 06:55 PM
This thread has really swayed topic, but since it is still constructive...You get the Paladin Shield by first grabbing the Cursed Shield from the man in Narshe (World of Ruin) in the house north of the relic shop. It will change into the Paladin shield when it is equipped through 255 consecutive battles.

actually I believe it to be 256 battles!

THE JACKEL

Wild Card
10-29-2006, 03:46 AM
lol

Ok you... we... wow.......

TIME FOR MY QUOTY TIME OF THE SHOW!! -Starting DOWN up ;)

Originally Bespoken by Necronopticous

actually I believe it to be 256 battles!

Just for the sake of agrument -.- it WAS 255 battles xP

and, for the person who started this thread, Equip someone with (i think it was phantom) the esper that teaches vanish, then equip another character with an esper that teaches doom...
I did it with Setz casting vanish then having Celes cast Doom.
I was in the same spot you were in, so i did that and trained a bit :3

Jowy
10-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Also, Gogo is unable to dispell the curse on the Paladin Shield. The quickest way to do it is to go to the Solitary Island and walk around for two hours watching the enemies kill themselves.