PDA

View Full Version : Scary Movies or Scary Games?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Which do you prefer scary movies or scary video games? I prefer scary video games because it's interactive but...Not many video games are scary except for the Resident Evil remake on the GameCube.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
10-08-2006, 04:10 AM
I'm a total pansy, so I wouldn't play or watch either.

final fantasy is stinky
10-08-2006, 04:11 AM
I hate both well I can kind of handle them:shoot:

Ryth
10-08-2006, 04:14 AM
Horror movies bore me, and horror games tend to do the same. Though some are somewhat entertaining. So I chose horror games.

Yuffie514
10-08-2006, 05:42 AM
horrific video-games, like of Silent Hill's calibur. because even if i get to watch my favorite horror scenes on DVD, i don't get to really play it.

Araciel
10-08-2006, 05:44 AM
most horror flicks have lame stories...so do the games, but at least you get to play them instead of sittin on your couch going

"DONT GO IN THERE......oh no he di'int!"

Reles
10-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Fatal Frame makes me jump out of my skin, I love it.

rubah
10-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Scary movies.

Every level of chip's challenge that had those venus flytrap lookin' monsters that chased you scared me out of my wits.

Surely you guys know Chip's Challenge?

Miriel
10-08-2006, 05:58 AM
Every level of chip's challenge that had those venus flytrap lookin' monsters that chased you scared me out of my wits.

Me too!

Um. I don't like scary stuff.

Christmas
10-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Fatal Frame scares Little PuPu. :(

RiseToFall
10-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Scary Game

-After playing the original Silent Hill, all scary movies seemed tame in comparison.

Edit: The only scary movie that still haunts me is Stephen King's IT. I watched the movie when I was young and never liked clowns since.

Roto13
10-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Scary games are more involving.

kikimm
10-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Yeah I agree with roto. Scary games are better! Sometimes they aren't as scary as movies, but that doesn't matter to me. But I don't think that any movie will ever be as freaky as Fatal Frame. My God.

Scary movies suck. The Grudge, for example. How lame!

BustaMo
10-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Scary movies have me on edge more than scary games. The closest I'd ever come to calling a game scary that I've played would be Indigo Propheciesl but still, it wasn't even...scary. I don't know. There's just more effects in movies to capture the moment and emotions of fear.

LunarWeaver
10-08-2006, 07:47 AM
I like both quite a bit :jess: I'm actually a wuss, so why I don't get truly scared during either is beyond me.

I think I like games better, just because it's more immersive. Scary movies for me aren't really scary so much as "interesting while it lasts".

Mirage
10-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Scary movies.

I do!
I don't remember those monsters though :(. pix?

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Sorry, but this thread is ridiculous . You can't seriously be trying to make me choose between them?? :bigsmile: That's like....choosing between saving my mum or my dad. IT'S CRUEL! :laugh:

I refuse to vote until there's an "MOFG I LUFF EM BOOF" or something along those lines :bigsmile:

Shauna
10-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Scary movies aren't all that scary. I can watch them without getting horribly scared, I maybe jump like... once in a whole scary movie, and that's about it. xD

Scary games on the other hand, I can't even play them, I'm such a wimp. ;_;

Polaris
10-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I love scary films... but with games I'm always getting scared and jumping or swearing! :D

AdVenT
10-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Games. Can't wait for F.E.A.R. I played a demo and almost messed myself, in the middle of the day! :exdee:

Luara
10-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Which do you prefer scary movies or scary video games? I prefer scary video games because it's interactive but...Not many video games are scary except for the Resident Evil remake on the GameCube.

your wrong, try play Project Zero, I think Its more scary then resident evil :)
and I like more terror games... because I feel its me who is there ... and I can turn off the playstation , in the cinema i just have to run from there :eek:

Sergeant Hartman
10-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Scary Movie: The Game.

Levian
10-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Both, thank you!

I prefer them to be realistic, though. It's just more scarier that way, knowing it is possible to do in the real world, like Agatha Christie's works. There's hard to come by realistic games, though. I guess Clock Tower is the closest to real, except for the occasional spray of holy water and levitating neon bows. But I must say I enjoy some supernatural stuff too, like Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

Madame Adequate
10-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Games, very easily. Movies make you think "What an idiot, don't go in there!" whilst games make you think "What an idiot, don't go in there! But I have to, the key is in there ;__;"

Also, very few movies are actually scary. And of those which are, none come close to Fatal Frame :jess:

sephirothishere
10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
i haev never been scared by a movie....games scare me all the time...probably cuz im on my own when i play a game....but i watched the exorcist 2 last night on my own and was fine.....games are scarier....

Rainecloud
10-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Scary movies genuinely scare and disturb me, so I don't watch them anymore.

Scary games are more bearable, but still don't appeal to me.

Venom
10-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Both sound pretty good.

I like both.

rubah
10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Scary movies.

I do!
I don't remember those monsters though :(. pix?

http://home.no.net/rspaans/chip/m064s.gif

Thoser;lgfjdks;afdljks;adflj;lk *nightmares*

TheSpoonyBard
10-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Scary films make me laugh. Scary games scare me. *votes accordingly*

Shlup
10-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Scary movies are usually boring. I liked The Ring though.

I prefer scary video games. Even though I don't play them myself. My brother-in-law plays them and my sister-in-law, father-in-law, husband, and I watch. It's actually really fun. xD

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2006, 09:24 PM
You like to watch.

Yamaneko
10-08-2006, 09:25 PM
I've never watched a movie that has ever freaked me out. All the Silent Hill games make me dread turning every corner. I think it's because in games you take control of the experience. You have the choice to go on. A movie will go on without you, regardless.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
10-09-2006, 06:49 AM

You're wrong try playing Project Zero, I think it's scarier then Resident Evil.:) And I prefer horror games...Because I feel it's me who is there and I can turn off the Playstation 2, but in the theater I just have to run from there.:eek:

There fixed!:) By the way has there ever been a horror movie that has kept you up all night after you've seen it? No? I thought so.

RiseToFall
10-09-2006, 06:58 AM
There fixed!:) By the way has there ever been a horror movie that has kept you up all night after you've seen it? No? I thought so.

Yes, Don't let your kids watch this.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/RiseToFall47/it.jpg

The Real Dark Messenger
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
I would have to say a scary movie, but it would have to be very good.

A scary game is nice too, though. Playing a scary game in a dark room late at nigth always give me the chills...

Rusty
10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
I like neither. I'm just not into scary things ;_;

theundeadhero
10-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Scary movies generally suck. I don't find lots of blood, shock value, or monsters scary at all. It's lame. If you want a movie to be scary try making it creepy. Some games are good at this. The original Quake on PC and Fatal Frame are excellant examples.

I was in third fourth grade when IT first came out on TV and it scared the heck outta me. Then in sixth grade I read the book and had trouble falling asleep at night because I was afraid.