PDA

View Full Version : Why do Women get so angry when they are on their Period?

The Devil Man
10-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Devil Man had another adventure today, but sadly it was not a good one. Today he went to see an old female friend of his that he hadn't seen for a long, long, looooooong time (about a week ago :spin:). When we last met, she was very happy and chatty and enjoyed Devil Man's company (as all women do!)

Today, however, it was a different story...

Know this, know this, know this first! Devil Man is much loved by not just some women, but aaaaaaaaall women, even those that have wronged him (for eventually they see the error of their ways!) Yes, yes, yes, that is right! :love: Many women the world over love Devil Man for his good looks, his beautiful eyes, his dashing smile, his wonderfully toned body, his hilarious sense of humour, his knowledge, his sexy voice... Devil Man is almost universally loved by all! :jokey:

But today his female friend was not happy to see him :( She was very UN-happy and even shouted at Devil Man and hurt his feelings. Poor Devil Man was so confused and didn't know what he did wrong!

However, about an hour ago she phoned up and apologised. She said she was having a bad day because she was having her 'Woman' problem' and she was very sorry for shouting at me and wondered if she could take me out for coffee tomorrow.

Lucky for her... Devil Man is very forgiving and has a kind heart! He told his friend to wipe away her tears and feel happy in the knowledge that I accept her apology! Well... I said it was 'ok' and now I get a free coffee too, yum, yum! :drool:

Devil Man's topic, therefore, is: Why do women get so grumpy and angry when they are on their period? This isn't the first time it's happened to me, or other guys I know, and it's just not right! :mad2: I mean... okay, you might be in just a little, tiny bit of discomfort, but the other day I accidentally dropped a cup of tea on my toe and that hurt like hell... but I didn't complain at all! (Brave, strong, Devil Man!)

Yet most women get sooooooooo angry when they are on their Period. It's not fair! You should just smile and be happy like Devil Man is always happy! Have other guys here suffered the cruel and unfair wrath of women on their 'time of the month' too?

Polaris
10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Because it hurts a lot... Normally on the first or second day I can't get up and walk I have to seat coz it hurts a lot! :p So I get really mad when I'm with that problem...

LunarWeaver
10-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Oh dear jesus.

Sergeant Hartman
10-08-2006, 05:28 PM
I hope you don't talk to her like this :(

Madame Adequate
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Hahahaha, I really do love you, Devil Man. :bigsmile:

They are mean and grumpy because they have an excuse to be. They are actually constantly that annoyed and HATEful, but they don't get away with acting it more than a quarter of the time :jess:

Leeza
10-08-2006, 05:30 PM
We don't need excuses, MILF. Although most men would like to think so.

Read <a href="http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/Mosby_factsheets/Premenstrual_tension.html">this</a>.

Shauna
10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh god. -_-

Rye
10-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Every woman is cruel and evil during her period, all in a different way. Some women backstab their boyfriends by eating lots of chocolate and becoming fatties, some scream at their boyfriends and destroy their eardrums, and some make Jess Art to emotionally harm their boyfriends. :bigsmile:

Fonzie
10-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Devil Man 2 > Woman 0

Keep up the evil threads lol

Raistlin
10-08-2006, 05:35 PM
and some make Jess Art to emotionally harm their boyfriends. :bigsmile:

... :(

Roto13
10-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Irritability and mood swings come with the territory. That's pretty much it. It's not because of cramps or whatever.

Madame Adequate
10-08-2006, 05:38 PM

Most women don't think they do, no, but they stay within the bounds of what men tolerate. :jess: But sometimes women push it too far, and then you get men like Charles Roberts IV doing their thing.

Sylvie
10-08-2006, 05:41 PM
I got kicked in the shin because of those stupid god-damned periods. :nonono:

Leeza
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM

Most women don't think they do, no, but they stay within the bounds of what men tolerate. :jess: But sometimes women push it too far, and then you get men like Charles Roberts IV doing their thing.
I do agree that there are some women who take this time as a license to blame some of their actions on. For a lot of women though, it is truly a horrible time. You would not believe the migraines it gives me and if you've ever had migraines, you know they are not fun.

Giga Guess
10-08-2006, 05:49 PM
You truly, truly want to die, don't you Devil Man?

Faris
10-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Why don't you bleed from your crotch and be happy about it?

But really, it's all mood swings and cramps are not fun.

Hawkeye
10-08-2006, 05:56 PM
In a recent poll, 98% of women on Eyes on Final Fantasy has pushed forward talks about Devil Man's upcoming Vasectomy operation. The remaining 2% voted for casteration, however.

Drift
10-08-2006, 06:03 PM
cause they are in pain or so we males are led to believe

Skarr
10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
:eek:

This thread needs to be archived.

StarChild
10-08-2006, 06:24 PM

agreed.

For me, before I was on the pill, I couldn't get out of bed my cramps were so bad, and I would pass out at school from loss of blood...not a fun time.

I learned in one of my classes that guys actually go through their verison of PMS, emotional cycle, girls just have a physical element of it. We bleed!

rubah
10-08-2006, 06:34 PM
it's because we're uptight from worrying if our new white pants are going to turn red :(

I mean srsly it's a constant fear!

Polaris
10-08-2006, 06:38 PM
We bleed!

True! :D Trust me it's not good, pleasant or anything that motivates us to smile! So the only thing we'll say to anyone that cross our way it's apropiate for you to listen :D But after a day we get sweet again! :)

Agent Proto
10-08-2006, 06:49 PM
First child birth, then periods. I'm beginning to think that being a woman must really suck.

Anaisa
10-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Some women may only experience a tiny bit of discomfort, sufferers of menorhaggia however, experience a great deal of discomfort. An you haven't suffered the cruel wrath of a woman on her period. If you consider a woman saying a few things to you that you don't like a cruel wrath, then you certainly wouldn't smile your way through menorhaggia Devil man. If you can't even cope with being around a woman going through PMS, you obviously wouldn't be capable of experiencing it yourself, an remaining gleeful throughout.

Jess
10-08-2006, 06:54 PM
I used to get really bad cramps and pains before I was on the pill, but I've never really been moody - if I feel annoyed, I just hold back. :jess:

Rainecloud
10-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Your threads are getting more interesting, man. xD

Periods are the one reason why I feel so sorry for women. Then again, I'm sure they don't need any sympathy from men. Very few women I've met in my life haven't been able to cope with their periods, and that was because of severe medical problems (one of which ended up involving a hysterectomy). The majority of women I know are able to cope very well with their 'time of the month', and you don't even know they're mensturating sometimes, which is a credit to their willpower and personality. After all, if I was in great pain and bleeding for a week, I'd be extremely cranky and upset.

My Mum copes with her periods very well, although she can be a little ratty and unreasonable at times. However, she always apologises afterwards, thus making me feel guilty for responding to her arguments. On the other hand, my Girlfriend has very bad, erratic periods which turn her into a very different person for 4-5 days per month. However, she copes very well considering the circumstances, and always restrains herself when she knows she's being unreasonable. I still love her and try to help her, of course, but it's very hard to do so when someone is being completely irrational. However, it cannot be helped, so what's the point in getting worried or angry about it?

I think you ladies cope very well with what can be a distressing and uncomfortable time. *applauds*

At this rate, I'll be winning the 'Feminist of the Year' Ciddie - no problem. ;)

Croyles
10-08-2006, 07:02 PM
With that cloud of smug over your head no wonder she got pissed off. The 'period' was just an excuse. :p

My last girlfriend was a mess during her period, and I generally tried to avoid her just during this time so as not to get shouted at for nothing.

" * headache
* feeling bloated
* weight gain
* breast tenderness
* back or lower abdominal pain
* irritability or aggression
* depression and anxiety
* mood swings
* tiredness
* poor concentration"

Yeah now I remember how great it is to be single!! :D

Roto13
10-08-2006, 07:02 PM
I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

Polaris
10-08-2006, 07:04 PM

7!

Rainecloud
10-08-2006, 07:06 PM

7!

Actually, it can vary greatly, as most women will tell you.

(The norm is seven days, though, as you accurately pointed out)

Rinion
10-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Wow. :eep:

I feel you, Devil Man. I've been in incidents with women who were on their period that make me fear women far worse then just about anything else. One girl took off her high heel shoe and began beating me over the head with it because I spilled a drop of water on her dress. :(

Anaisa
10-08-2006, 07:14 PM
A normal period lasts between 2-7 days.

Breine
10-08-2006, 07:17 PM

7!

xD

Sorry, but that just cracked me up!

Back on topic: I guess it's because it hurts, and pain is never nice.

Shlup
10-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I, for one, don't get angry when I'm on my period. During the worst of the pain I stay in bed in a fetal position and my husband takes care of me, but I usually take enough pain killers to avoid that.

Rye
10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I, for one, don't get angry when I'm on my period. During the worst of the pain I stay in bed in a fetal position and my husband takes care of me, but I usually take enough pain killers to avoid that.

Same here, to be honest, except for the husband part. ;__; I just hide in bed with Motrin and suffer for an hour or so until they kick in. I don't remember ever being angry during it.

stuffing
10-08-2006, 07:31 PM
I feel sorry for women =/

bipper
10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
PMS = putting up with men's [manus'] /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. right?

Renmiri
10-08-2006, 08:13 PM
In a recent poll, 98% of women on Eyes on Final Fantasy has pushed forward talks about Devil Man's upcoming Vasectomy operation. The remaining 2% voted for casteration, however.

Add me to the 2% :mad:

j/k

You ARE trying to be lynched, aren't you Devil Man ?

Roto13
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
I dunno. I find his posts entertaining.

Decessus
10-08-2006, 08:45 PM
It doesn't exist.

It's all a ploy for them to get days off at work and act like the (w)itches they are.

abrojtm
10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Hormones, apparently.

Chloe.
10-08-2006, 09:26 PM

That made me laugh :bigsmile: But yeah I agree.

Going through your period is not a nice thing, especially during school :(

Reles
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
First of all, it's usually before we start our periods, that -some- of us get rather...sad or angry, either of the two. PMS is not something that all of us have, it only affects a few girls. This isn't because we want to act like this, but because of our hormones that mess with our mood. It's like being depressed and having a chemical imbalance, but there's sometimes nothing you can do about it if you don't have any particular treatment.

Endless
10-08-2006, 09:50 PM
There are several strips from Sinfest that sum it up pretty well (warning: mild profanity):

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2165
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2166
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2167
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2168
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2220

sephirothishere
10-08-2006, 09:56 PM
hypacondria anybody.....(i know...im gonna get wooped for this... :(...)

StarChild
10-08-2006, 10:20 PM
if you knew you were going to get "wooped" for saying that...why did you?

DK
10-08-2006, 10:24 PM
There are several strips from Sinfest that sum it up pretty well (warning: mild profanity):

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2165
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2166
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2167
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2168
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2220

<3sinfest

Iceglow
10-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Women on their periods, gods the amount of times I hear them blame everything on them or rather on their boyfriends or partners during their periods, I have been blamed for stuff I wasn't even there for. Still I guess they got all the major bonuses from nature for example, multiple orgasms ect they gotta have some repercussions, just like how us guys have the ability to pee anywhere even when there is no toilet without removing the clothing of our lower half thus rendering us half naked and showing any passer by the entire show. Our trade off is that our balls are in a very exposed place meaning we can be kicked very hard. And yeah thank the multiple gods out there that I have NEVER *touching wood* Never been kicked there.

sephirothishere
10-08-2006, 10:38 PM
if you knew you were going to get "wooped" for saying that...why did you?

rubah
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Women on their periods, gods the amount of times I hear them blame everything on them or rather on their boyfriends or partners during their periods, I have been blamed for stuff I wasn't even there for. Still I guess they got all the major bonuses from nature for example, multiple orgasms ect they gotta have some repercussions, just like how us guys have the ability to pee anywhere even when there is no toilet without removing the clothing of our lower half thus rendering us half naked and showing any passer by the entire show. Our trade off is that our balls are in a very exposed place meaning we can be kicked very hard. And yeah thank the multiple gods out there that I have NEVER *touching wood* Never been kicked there.

Believe it or not, women can pee without the use of a toilet. They were doing it for thousands of years before the toilet was invented.

Madame Adequate
10-08-2006, 11:07 PM
I do agree that there are some women who take this time as a license to blame some of their actions on. For a lot of women though, it is truly a horrible time. You would not believe the migraines it gives me and if you've ever had migraines, you know they are not fun.

I wasn't actually aware periods could cause migraines :( although that does kind of prove that whatever made women, nature or God, is completely insane and sadistic.

I still love her and try to help her, of course, but it's very hard to do so when someone is being completely irrational. However, it cannot be helped, so what's the point in getting worried or angry about it?

Clear proof that women are irrational! :jess:

First of all, it's usually before we start our periods, that -some- of us get rather...sad or angry, either of the two. PMS is not something that all of us have, it only affects a few girls. This isn't because we want to act like this, but because of our hormones that mess with our mood. It's like being depressed and having a chemical imbalance, but there's sometimes nothing you can do about it if you don't have any particular treatment.

This is actually a good post in this thread, and to highlight it I will say that, instead of pretending to be bigoted.

Believe it or not, women can pee without the use of a toilet. They were doing it for thousands of years before the toilet was invented.

But not without having to take a significant amount of clothing off, which was his point.

Twisted Tinkerbell
10-08-2006, 11:16 PM
I know I'm a psycho bitch when I'm on my period, and I'm not much better when I'm not! My hormones are going haywire, I'm bleeding, and in more pain than I thought possible, most of the time I can't even move.

NorthernChaosGod
10-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Because they're women and they need an excuse.

daggertrepe
10-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Hormones.

Iceglow
10-09-2006, 01:03 AM
*vouches for tinkers saying she's a psycho bitch on her period and not much better when off* LOL sorry couldn't resist

Actually she isn't that bad I've seen worse but she is a psycho more than usual and it leads to us having some arguments.

fire_of_avalon
10-09-2006, 02:02 PM

But not without having to take a significant amount of clothing off, which was his point.
Not if you're wearin a skirt.

~SapphireStar~
10-09-2006, 02:05 PM
My temper does go through the roof when Im on my period. Its usually cause Im in so much pain and the smallest thing can send me into a bad mood.

Loony BoB
10-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Maybe having periods is punishment for not getting pregnant and giving birth to a child - a gift of Mother Nature! They should go *pop*, grin and hold baby proudly in their arms! And then get pregnant again so they don't continue to be punished.

Of course, maybe the pain from childbirth is just payback punishment for getting out so many periods. It's like school - if you skip your periods, you'll get punished!

In all seriousness, if you treat girls nicely then most of them won't get that angry at you even when they're on their period.

Rusty
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
It's hormones and the fact that periods can be really, really painful. I usually get much more emotional than I usually would be, I also get annoyed and irritated very easily. But, when people are nice to you and understanding - it's much better.

Essência
10-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Please! what all womans do in they're period? take pills. And if that dont work that means that they are *** for 7 *** days.

Misfit
10-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Haha, that's what I was going to say. xD

I wish men could bleed from their crotch for a week, just to... y'know, see how it feels. Roar.

DK
10-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Well there was this one time and it was itching real bad and it got scratched raw and bled for a while...

And this is why I stay away from Issy nowadays. :bigsmile:

Croyles
10-09-2006, 04:46 PM
It's all a ploy for them to get days off at work and act like the (w)itches they are.
Thats dumb! I dont think that happens here.